Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,768

JaxonH

@Quarth
Such a great score getting both those games. Having VII and VIII Remastered on cart is the dream realized, and having X/X-2 on Switch, on a 32gb cart, is the dream realized that even Vita couldn’t offer. FFX was my first FF game and I played on Vita. It was and still is my favorite game on that system. Of course now it’s on Switch, has been upgraded to the full console version and is hybrid. Amazing.

If you like FF, I really have to recommend Chocobo’s Dungeon and World of Final Fantasy also. Chocobo’s Dungeon is the best mystery dungeon title I’ve ever played, and the only one that actually hooked me aside from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series and Shiren the Wanderer. And WoFF is a great catch-em-all JRPG, more like Ni No Kuni than Pokémon (though not as good as either, imo- Ni No Kuni is a masterpiece and, contrary to what many say, I think Pokémon Sword/Shield is too, albeit iterative). It’s unique though. And I appreciate that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Quarth

@JaxonH Thanks for the recommendations! Here's hoping we'll get a physical release of Chrystal Chronicles as well.

I just got extremely frustrated at FFVII. It got me into a trap! After getting Cid and the plane, I went around the map and came to a place where Yuffie suddenly stole all my materia. Chased after her to a town where I stopped to save the game. Shouldn't have done that... To get my materia back I have to get through a cave and beat a boss, but to get past a certain flame infested part of the cave I need an item that I bet gets available later in the game (and only once, it seems). Luckily I made a second save at the Rocket Launch Pad Area before meeting Cid, so didn't lose that much progress. But it can in theory be game breaking! Almost wants me to drop a score (up until now the game has felt like a 10/10).

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Ralizah

@Magician

Eh.

Pound for pound, FFVII's OST is easily my favorite in the series. There's a reason I own it on CD, even though I pretty much never buy CDs.

I'm actually not hugely big on One-Winged Angel as it was presented in the game, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Quarth

Also, the game has crashed three or four times for me now. Very strange and irritating.

Quarth

And there it came, one of the saddest moments in video game history (and it's a damn shame I already knew about it).

Had Aeris in my team almost the whole time because of it, glad I got the date scene with her. Cloud's dialogue right after it happens is so strong.

Edited on by Quarth

BruceCM

Yeah, although just about everyone does know about that, @Quarth .... Still has quite an impact!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

Pound for pound, FFVII's OST is easily my favorite in the series. There's a reason I own it on CD, even though I pretty much never buy CDs. I'm actually not hugely big on One-Winged Angel as it was presented in the game, though.

I own a copy of the OST as well.

I still feel that the music is disjointed and is out of place more often than not.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quarth

@BruceCM Yeah, I got a little teary eyed.

Dezzy

@Quarth

I think you may have misinterpreted something in Wutai. You don't need to get through the fire cave to get your materia back. That's something separate entirely, that you access later in the game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@Quarth

Well that guide explained it, and agreed with what I said (that you don't need to get passed the fire yet)

Quarth

@Dezzy I've must have misread, read it as I was going to meet the boss after the flames. Must have missed the correct path to the boss.

Edited on by Quarth

Dezzy

@Quarth

There's nothing passed the flames but a couple of treasure chests, it's definitely not story-oriented.

Quarth

@Dezzy OK!

Seriously, the game has crashed like eight or nine times now, the screen just freezes and I have to restart. I'm in an ice cave right now and it has crashed three times in very short time. Extremely annoying!

komodo182

I've decided to give ffviii a play. Wish me luck.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

Good luck, @komodo182 .... Or read up on the junctioning system & break the game?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

Junction System on FF VIII was quite simple.
It will boost the stats or adding the abilities depend on GF you choose.
Because the stats connected with Magics, better to not junction the Magic that you use oftenly or it will lowering your stats as you use those Magics. For example, do not junction Cure / Cura / Curaga for any stats since those spells are really important for your team. Try to junction with other spells that still give boost stats and better depend on Command from specific GF (Revive from Alexander, Recover from Leviathan, Treatment from Siren, etc)

Anti-Matter

komodo182

@BruceCM I'll just do a normal playthrough for now. It's one of my friend's favorite ff games and he was telling me that you can just kill it with junctions. But I will just see what happens normally.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

Yeah, good idea, @komodo182.... It's about what I did, 1st time

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

Considering how well FFVII + FFVIII Twin Pack sold I wonder what the chances are for FFIX or FFXV Pocket getting a physical release here in 2020?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic