Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,164

Anti-Matter

@Geobros
FF XII TZA Switch and XBOX ONE version has Job Reset, unlike the PS4 version.
So, if you feel wrong with the licence board you choose, you can ask Montblanc (Moggle , the leader of Clan Centurio) to reset your licence board for FREE. Of course you must reallocate the LP you have accumulated to the other licence board you choose.

There are 12 different jobs on FF XII TZA, unlike the original FF XII on PS2. Their jobs represent 12 Zodiacs.They are :
1. Aries = White Mage (Rod)
2. Taurus = Uhlan (Spear)
3. Gemini = Machinist (Gun, Scales)
4. Cancer = Red Battle Mage (Mace)
5. Leo = Knight (1H Sword, 2H Sword)
6. Virgo = Monk (Pole)
7. Libra = Time Battle Mage (Crossbow)
8. Scorpio = Foebreaker (Hammer, Axe)
9. Sagittarius = Archer (Bow)
10. Capricorn = Black Mage (Staff)
11. Aquarius = Bushi / Samurai (Katana)
12. Pisces = Shikari / Ninja (Dagger)

Guys on FF XII better for tanker job while girls better in magic class. But once you get the first Esper Belias, you can choose the Second licence board (cost 30 LP). My suggestion :
1. Vaan = Knight (Can access some White Magic with Esper help on licence board) + Time Battle Mage
2. Balthier = Machinist + Melee job
3. Basch = Monk + Melee job
4. Ashe = White Mage + Monk
5. Fran = Archer + Black Mage
6. Penelo = Red Battle Mage + Melee job

Tips: NEVER EVER wandering around the map without any knowledge. There are some tough foes that can kill you quickly. You can use Libra to detect their level and try to avoid them if you still underleveled. For example, there is a Lv 30 T-Rex on the Eastern Dalmasca Desert with starter enemies (level 1 - 5), there are some Lv 25 Wolverine on the Giza Plain (Dry season) with low level enemies (level 2 - 10). Avoid Western Dalmasca Desert at the beginning since there are tough enemies with lv 10 at the lowest.

One more thing, prepare your dictionary (optional) whenever you found difficult English words since peoples on FF XII (especially from noble class) talked with very Difficult and Formal English words, like you read Shakespere novel.

Have fun. Happy playing. ūüėÄ

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Geobros

@Anti-Matter

Haha!! Thanks a lot for your advice!! Specially for Shakespeare

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Cotillion

Well, now that I'm past the initial Blitzball snorefest and wandering to a new area, I'm quite enjoying myself. It's a pretty linear path thus far, but I'm enjoying the battles, Being able to swap out party members on the fly is great (first FF I've played with the ability to do this) and I don't have to worry about running into something and not having the best person in party to deal with it.
The sphere grid was a weird departure for me as well. I got the hang of it now and just learning everything along the paths...not sure if that's a good idea or not as I'm not sure how scarce these orbs are gonna be as I go.

Cotillion

BruceCM

If you just mean the usual spheres for unlocking nodes, @Cotillion. ... Use those ASAP, since there's no reason to keep them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

komodo182

@Cotillion I disliked the sphere grid (kept me away from the game many times), well that and the lack of equipment upgrading. But in the end, its a fun straight forward game with some customization.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Cotillion

@BruceCM That is indeed what I meant. Good to know there won't ever be a shortage since I am using them as fast as I get them.
I assume these lvl1, lvl2, etc blocks will be more uncommon? I've only gotten one lvl1 orb thus far.

Cotillion

BruceCM

Well, it's more a question of being no point keeping the general ones, @Cotillion .... Lvl spheres are rather rare, until you can farm them late-game, though If you really want more detailed advice on what to do with your characters & so on, I'm sure we can help

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM Now i kinda want to play again haha

RR529

@Cotillion, the basic spheres (Strength, Mana, Ability, Speed) are very common and you'll never not have a surplus of them, the key spheres (lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, & lvl4) are more uncommon, especially the latter two. Other spheres (like the ones that transform blank nodes into useful nodes & spheres that can teleport your character across the grid) are the rarest.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

BruceCM

Lols, @komodo182 .... Unfortunately, people tend to only ask when they're stuck & by that time, it's usually too late to say they should have done a, x, f or something BTW, if you were scared by the 'expert' sphere grid, it's arguably easier than the standard one

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I might replay again someday. Can't say I want to do the celestial weapons again (but I liked having them), but the rest of the game was fun.

BruceCM

Well, you certainly can beat the main boss without doing the side-quests, @komodo182 .... I'm thinking of doing a 'speed-run' next time See just how quickly & low levels I can finish it, although there's not exactly short-cuts like some games
Once you know fairly well what you're doing, most of the main game is pretty easy Most difficult stuff is all optional side-quests & so on, so....

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I may just screw around and do more optional bosses. But I am working through Dragon Quest 11 on ps4. Then Fire Emblem arrives. Then greedfall later on. Plus cyberpunk. So no clue when.

BruceCM

Yeah, I've got too many games coming up, too, @komodo182 .... Specially now I'm finally getting an XBox One S, so loads to play on that Still, I reckon that about half the time in a full FFX play-through is the optional side-quests
1st time I played, I had to google the sphere grid, since the in-game tutorial wasn't much use & I learned all about it then

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I also have the itch to play witcher 3 again...this would be the 4th playthrough

BruceCM

Oh, I'll be able to play that on my XB1 sometime, @komodo182 ... Going to play 2 1st, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I couldn't get into 2 or 1. But loved 3.

ryobi85

looking forward to playing ff7 for the switch.it's been 13 years since last played what a game.hope I enjoy even though played 10 times in past ūüĎć

it's smash time people

Dpullam

I really need to delve into Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9. I have never played any of those. I have so many incredibly fond memories of Final fantasy 12 though. So much so, that I am wanting to buy it again.

Dpullam

Dezzy

So have we had any independent confirmation of the claim that FF8 will have voice acting?
If it was only written in one place, it could be a mistake.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic