Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,729

Dezzy

Looks like that voiceacting rumour was nonsense too. I'd assumed it would be just a mistake.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Yeah, sadly, @Magician & @Dezzy .... I'll probably get it on Switch, to go with the rest & still looking forward to replaying it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Quarth

I really enjoy FFX, but it contains a lot of infuriating stuff. The mini games are awful. I've managed to beat the chocobo race, but am stuck at that stupid butterfly hunt now. Do I need to beat the two hunts directly after each other or can I do other stuff in between? I beat the first hunt (giving me the teleport sphere) but got frustrated with the second area and went away to do something else (got the No Encounters update).

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Quarth

Where is Bribe on the Sphere Grid? Trying to find it to see in which direction Rikku should go.

BruceCM

Bribe is the last ability on Rikku's part of the Sphere Grid, located at the bottom center of the grid map, directly to the left of the loop with all of Lulu's "-ra" spells, @Quarth ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

@Quarth, also, you don't even have to do the butterfly hunts. I think I completed the first one (upon coming back to the area at a later time), but never even bothered with the second.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Quarth

@RR529 Oh, I just want the Saturn Sigil for Kimahri's Celestial Weapon.

Edited on by Quarth

Quarth

FFX:
OK, so I need some tips regarding how to beat Sin's head, the fight where he draws you nearer and you must beat him before that, but he has like 100.000+ health.

I have:
All characters at Overdrive, all five main Aeons at Overdrive, two characters that knows Holy (Yuna, Rikku), one character that knows Ultima (Auron, soon also Lulu), Trio of 9999 ready, Auron's Celestial Weapon

What's the best strategy?

Edited on by Quarth

RR529

@Quarth, I remember having trouble with that part when I first played it years ago, but I beat it on my first try this time.

Don't think I did anything particularly special. Just used Hastega to make everyone get extra turns, then used powerful magic to attack it for awhile, then finished it with Bahumut's Overdrive, which should be more than enough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Quarth

@RR529 Will try, thanks! Got Yojimbo now as well.

Quarth

Beat the damn thing! Now onto hopefully the last battle with Seymour.

Quarth

There... Just finished FFX after 80+ hours of playtime. The ending with Tidus and Auron going away almost got me a little teary eyed.

Good game overall. Some minor flaws that could be improved with QoL implementations, but mostly a solid experience. Really enjoyed the story and characters.

Edited on by Quarth

mack73

2 more days till FF8. Still interesting that it is listed as 'estimated release date' in the E-shop without a pre-order option.................

mack73

DenDen

@mack73
I thought the same thing,
Curious why this is

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
Actually, you did realized if Auron was an unsent from the event at Farplane Abbys inside Guadosallam. Also, from event with Yunalesca.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Yes, of course. Didn't make it less sad though.

komodo182

@Quarth Yet you can visit the farplanes with him later hahaha

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716
Asphalt Club Tag #15a1 (Siege Engine)

BruceCM

FFVIII remastered is available to buy in eshop now....

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I might have to dip into this sometime. I haven't purchased any of the ff games on the switch yet mostly due to price compared to other consoles. This one is roughly the same price as other consoles, but without the achievement system (which just adds something nice). I do have credit on my account so that makes this cheaper on switch overall. I rarely use the switch away from the tv.
We will see what happens. I will pick it up on something, sometime.
Still working on fire emblem as of now. Plus I preordered greedfall, so I might be busy for awhile.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716
Asphalt Club Tag #15a1 (Siege Engine)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic