Forums

Topic: Error Code 2165-1001

Posts 1 to 18 of 18

IncredibleBulk

Hi everyone, I've been around for a while but finally decided to join the group and create an account.

Shamefully my first post is about an error code. I'll explain it...

Recently when I've come off of Overwatch and put my switch into sleep mode, it's waking itself up after 30 seconds to display that error message and from there I have to press the power button for it to do a quick restart. After that's its fine and when I next go to play its also fine until the time I come off my game, enter sleep mode and the same issue occurs.

Its only recently happened, the code isn't anywhere to be found on the Nintendo support sites and I've no idea if it would do it after other games were played as I've mainly stuck to Overwatch. I've done a reboot without losing data, still has the issue!

Any help or anybody else having it happen? Is it an error with the latest update for example? Thanks in advance

IncredibleBulk

WoomyNNYes

Hiya, @IncredibleBulk. If it's not on their support site, you'll have to ask Nintendo. That's what I've done. Nintendo of America has a chat messenger. If it's not region locked, you could try asking them. The messenger is super handy, and it's staffed with nice, real people. It's closed for the night now, available during Seattle Washington US work hours. https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact/session/...

Last time I looked at Nintendo UK's support contact page, the phone & chat messenger had been removed. And maybe, that's why your asking here. Email might be their only option as far as I can see.

If you contact Nintendo they will first ask if your console is updated (as a standard trouble shooting question)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

IncredibleBulk

Great, I'll try that thank you. Hopefully they have some idea of what it is and how to solve it!

IncredibleBulk

WoomyNNYes

@IncredibleBulk If you don't mind. Let me know which Nintendo support you use UK, USA, EU. And which method — phone, chat messenger, email. Since Nintendo UK support page changed this fall, and the pandemic is an factor, I'm not sure if Nintendo UK is email-only these days. And I'm not sure if UK people can access Nintendo of America Support's chat messenger.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tristendo

@IncredibleBulk
Did you ever get to figure out this issue? I just recently ran into this error code today after the exact same scenario with OverWatch (playing a match then putting the system to sleep)

Tristendo

IncredibleBulk

No I didn't but since then i avoided overwatch a while and it's never happened with another game, either card based or digital.

Also my partner has had it happen and my brother in law too, both after playing overwatch. So I wouldn't worry, its not just you and its not your switch I'd say. Seems to be at least for all of us an overwatch issue.

IncredibleBulk

Tristendo

@IncredibleBulk thank you for the response! I played Overwatch recently again in handheld and it seems to be fine so we will see. Hopefully there will be a patch update soon that addresses this

Tristendo

IncredibleBulk

You're welcome, glad I can help.

IncredibleBulk

SJ30

Hi! I'm having the same error code in my Swich Lite. It started after the las update (12.0.2)

I only have this console for less han 4 weeks and It is already giing me problems, wow.

In my case it's not because overwatch, because I have never played that game. It is happening when the console is doing nothing. Just nothing. Laying there, while charging or not, and after a few minutes the error pops up.
I have tried rebooting without saving data and nothing happened.
Then I tried rebooting to the max, losing data, games, I didn't care. Nothing happened. No way to fix this issue.

Please help!

Edited on by SJ30

SJ30

WoomyNNYes

@SJ30 You can plug error codes into nintendo support's search bar. They do have a page for this error code now, but I'll admit I'm not familiar with the issue.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

In general, if nintendo support's troubleshooting does not solve your issue, then it likely means there's hardware failure somewhere, which needs repair.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

SwitchForce

SJ30 wrote:

I only have this console for less han 4 weeks and It is already giing me problems, wow.

Please help!

Called Warranty Repairs from NIN support. This is something NL users shouldn't advise on since if New Switch or Extended warranty you contact whom you bought from to replace it - if NIN New then then contact NIN support for Warranty Repairs.

SwitchForce

Kermit1doesmath

I just got this error. What is it about???

dysgraphia awareness human

GreenTea

@Kermit1Pineapple Was it Overwatch again? 😅

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

Kermit1doesmath

It has only happened once so far so I'm not sure what happened. Honestly it's really bizarre.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Kermit1doesmath

I think what could have caused this error is I requested a refund and since I was using wifi I think when they tried to delete the game off my account the error showed up.

I still have the game but I haven't checked my email yet to see if I got my money back.

Kermit1doesmath

I just got it again after using YouTube again

Kermit1doesmath

Do YouTube and Overwatch on Switch need NSO?

I was thinking it might be a YouTube side problem not a Switch problem.

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic