Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 441 to 460 of 705

Ralizah

I'll be honest: photo mode stinks. Actually, after Horizon: Zero Dawn, I'm finding the photo modes in various games to be underwhelming. It's so customizable in HZD, and allows you capture screenshots that look like total bullshots. It's great.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Whaaat? Photo mode rocks! It beats the pants off just taking screenshots normally, at least. It lets you rearrange the characters, emote, face the camera, etc etc. What’s not to like?

I’m sure other games have really elaborate photo modes (Super Mario Odyssey, Final Fantasy XV, etc) but that doesn’t detract from the fact that any photo mode imo, even more basic ones, are cool. I use it all the time. In fact, I appreciate its brevity. Easy in, easy out. Not really the kind of person that spends 15 minutes forging the perfect shot, so I just want something that makes the HUD go away and the characters rearrange and pose. It’s basically the same as what was in Dragon Quest Builders 2 (which I also used for all my shots). I mean, the alternative is not having one at all, which was the case in the original release. So I appreciate its inclusion even if it falls short of other, more spectacular photo modes. It’s basic, for sure, but it gets the job done and is still useful and appreciated.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Little control over how the characters are positioned. Little control over how the camera is positioned. No filters. Extremely limited ability to manipulate how characters are posed.

I've taken some great screenshots, but almost none of those were in the photo mode.

Thankfully, I love virtually everything else about the game. I'm not sure if it's my favorite current-gen JRPG yet, but it's really darned close.

JaxonH

I guess I’m just not looking for all that, like specific poses or positioning, as I never use photo mode beyond cleaning up the shot from the HUD and getting the characters facing the camera, centered, with some nice scenery in the background. Which to that end, it serves its purpose.

Given the alternative is not having anything at all, at the end of the day it’s an addition and an improvement that wasn’t there before, and one that I, at least, use for 95% of my screenshots, so it’s definitely brought value to the table for me.

One of my favorite things in this game are the monster designs and animations. Like when the little crabs cower in fear and guard their face with their pincers, or when a monster makes your team member start dancing, or how the slimes will just run off sometimes cause their buddies are getting whooped. It’s got to be the most charming JRPG I’ve ever played. And I love how if you press A next to a sign but from the backside, it’ll say “Jaxon tries to read the sign” ............ “but he’s standing on the wrong side!!” Lol that kinda stuff kills me. “Jaxon tries to open the dresser” ............ “but he’s standing behind it!!” Lol like, Jaxon’s such a moron! It opens from the other side you dimwit 😂The dresser one was from DQVII but, I’m sure it’s the same here given the sign messages.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Defeated the dragon.... Got Sylvando actually in the party & sailing now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Quarth

This game is getting better and better (I'm 30+ hours in)!

Got to Yggdrasil and got treated to some excellent plot twists and now it seems that Sylvando will be the main character for a while. Yey! 😃

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

BruceCM

About to sleep in the forest Inn....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

komodo182

@Quarth you are in for some interesting scenes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

JoeDiddley

@Quarth I’m just there too. A change in pace for sure!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Quarth

@JoeDiddley Great to hear (will play after work)!

Eel

(Playing the game in Spanish)

Oh my god I got to a town with several tourists that have the thickest most hilariously stereotypical United States accent sprinkled with random actual-English words here and there, and it’s like, I love this.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Venus_Adept

@StableInvadeel Yes lol. Im playing in Spanish too. I can tell you the localization team of the Dragon Quest franchise (at least in Spanish) is pure gold. I'm in the same city as well.

Venus_Adept

Magician

Only a couple hours in here. Just escaped prison and teamed up with Erik. Playing XI makes my desire to play X a little easier to cope with. This Switch port is masterful.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quarth

LOL! So now I'm a fish. I love this game for being serious and silly at the same time.

Eel

I assume that's how you get to those annoying chests that are across lakes and stuff

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

@StableInvadeel Usually areas like that have a flying mount you can ride across the water.

Eel

@Ralizah I have found quite a few with no mounts around. Like on the Champs Sauvage (this one has slime riders around), outside Hotto, and in the underwater city.

Of course it's entirely possible I just didn't find the special mount.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Quarth

@StableInvadeel Oh, it didn't last that long actually. Now I'm human again and about to face Sir Jasper together with Sir Hendrik.

Edited on by Quarth

Eel

"The library is overrun with dangerous monsters!"

>Basically every monster is a passive intellectual respectfully enjoying their visit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic