Forums

Topic: Does Nintendo Switch support Samsung EVO Plus 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Card?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

andyphan

Hi all, I'm new here, recently i have bought a new Samsung EVO Plus 128GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Card, and i have tried many times downloading games into it, and it failed. I have also tried formatting it many times, after that i tried download again, the download of NBA 2K20 will take a day and than it failed.

Is this MicroSDXC supported?

andyphan

BruceCM

It certainly should be ..... You are formatting it in the Switch, though? Just in case that's the problem!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

andyphan

@BruceCM
yes i have did format it using the Switch.
Is formatting using the Switch that cause the issue?

andyphan

jump

It should do, it might worth checking it on another device incase you bought a cheap fake on from ebay or something.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

RupeeClock

Sometimes fake microSD cards will report that they can store far more data than they are actually capable of. You might've fallen foul of one of these.

Otherwise if you bought it from somewhere reputable, it might just be a faulty unit. It can happen.

RupeeClock

BruceCM

No, it was in case you formatted it on a PC, where it could be tricky, @andyphan.... So, it's either a rare dodgy Samsung sd card or it's a fake pretending to be

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

SwitchForce

@andyphan Are you using the Switch to format or computer to format? If computer Nintendo Support has specific instructions on how to format the sd card. But sometimes brand name can fail but that is rare but fake or counterfeit cards that look like OEM can also pass as a real card unless you do some homework on it. But if OEM and fails you should contact the seller or manufacture to get a replacement.

SwitchForce

Kanbei

@andyphan I very recently upgraded to the exact same card and size and it worked fine for my Switch. You might have gotten a bad card.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic