Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,221

bluedogrulez

I actually came here to ask about the whole blowing up from behind, because it seems to be a real tactic in the Slip Stream multiplayer event. I've been blown up at or close to the finish line several times, and reckon the racer that got me was slip streaming behind me just waiting for the right time to blow me up, like a hunter stalking his prey. Not sure how to prevent or use that this point (I don't look to blow other players up unless they start it).

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Daniel36

So this morning the steering bug decided to also invade my regular controller, which up to this day did not have that issue.

No idea what causes it, but if the problem persists it will basically render the game unplayable for me.

Daniel36

C-Chakra

@bluedogrulez i've almost given up on trying to work out what causes the blowing up thing. It never seems to make sense. I got landed on by someone shockwaving today but I didn't get wrecked. I've shockwaved into people numerous times and I've ended up being wrecked.. no idea really but I think some factors play into it... Main thing being higher ranked cars seem to always wreck you when using a boost even if they are going faster by just a fraction. And drifting while someone makes contact seems to wreck you often also.

However, I think the online latency is a huge factor in how it plays out, so ends up seeming pretty random. In terms of wrecking others, the only reliable way i've found is crushing them, by steering toward them into a wall while overtaking. Other than that, my guess is as good as yours bluedog. It's a mystery.

Edited on by C-Chakra

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

C-Chakra

@Daniel36 I must be one of the lucky ones who have had the steering bug since the start. I use handheld mode only, how are you playing? I constantly get popup messages in the menu too saying controller pairing deleted and then detected again, are you getting that? Not sure what causes it but it's lost me a few races... lol it's also won me a couple somehow too... wall-grinding my way to glory. I've found hitting the pause button kicks the steering back in, hope that helps.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

Daniel36

@C-Chakra Oh I had it too from day 1. Or... Well, maybe day 3 or something, but early on. But it only happened when I played with my joy-con in handheld.

ps. How did you get that good at racing in handheld? Lol, I hate it. I only race docked with a regular controller. Much more responsive.

Alas, not anymore, now that the bug has also hit my regular controller. I might try my other controller today to see if the problem maybe left that one. And otherwise at least I will have the pause button on anything outside of multiplayer.

I do not get the deleted/detected thing, only very rarely if my joycons are not docked. So I usually dock them and disconnect any other controller when I play Asphalt 9, just so it doesn't happen.

Daniel36

Darknyht

I am 1 card away from maxing the Mercedes AMT and 2 cards away from the Laferrari. Both are currently gated behind races I cannot complete because I lack the stats on any cars to run them. So I probably have hit the point where I am going to have to switch to grinding multiplayer and to be honest I am not looking forward to it. I just watched a second place finish magically become a 5th place finish this morning, even though there was only a single car in front of me the entire race...

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

komodo182

@Darknyht I am stuck in career mode. I forget how many flags. Over 1050. The only car that can do anything is my lambo cent. So I can do a few things every 5 hours, lol. As for multiplayer, I play a bit until I get annoyed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Daniel36

Darknyht wrote:

I am 1 card away from maxing the Mercedes AMT and 2 cards away from the Laferrari. Both are currently gated behind races I cannot complete because I lack the stats on any cars to run them. So I probably have hit the point where I am going to have to switch to grinding multiplayer and to be honest I am not looking forward to it. I just watched a second place finish magically become a 5th place finish this morning, even though there was only a single car in front of me the entire race...

I take it you also do all the daily events? Those are way better grinds, as you can get a lot of cards and a crapton of money.

Daniel36

Darknyht

My single A-Class is not good enough to break the 24s mark yet, but I generally run everything else I can qualify for. It was this week's runs that brought me so close to getting them. I did avoid the Beast X (outside the four free cards) because again I couldn't get a good enough run to earn more than a single card, while I am pulling 3 per Jaguar run.

During the week, I can get about 20-30 minutes of play in the early morning and then another 20-40 in the evenings. So I generally focus on completing the daily tasks, then daily events, and maybe some of My Career if there is time left.

Darknyht

bluedogrulez

For those of us with lesser vehicles, the Anniversary Camaro is surprisingly good at the Jaguar challenge...pulling 2 packs per run with times that just miss sub 1:00 (and a third pack). I think mine has a 1475 rank (curiously way more useful here than my 1900+ Mercedes)

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez This is just personal opinion or the opinions of sites focused on the game, so take it for what it is. But this is what has helped me in career mode or is recommended for Multiplayer.

For D-Class the DS E-Tense is a good multiplayer starter because of acceleration, The Chevy Camaro will take you far because it is so easy to Max (it's decent at everything, best at nothing). But you want the Charger Hemi or Shelby (good luck) if you want the best of class for multiplayer.

Mercedes AMG has the best top speed of the C Class (310), but the acceleration lags behind the Viper and needs a lot of nitro to manage it. It does outclass the Chevy in everything but handling. It brought me through a lot of the early game as it was my paid contribution to the developers. I just finished maxing it today, and it tops out at 2281 maxed stats. The Dodge Charger SRT8 (easy to max thanks to daily blueprints use for next level blueprints), Lotus Evora Sport, Mercedes AMG, and H2 are probably what you should aim at for multiplayer.

In B Class I've had the most success with the Lamborghini Asterion, but the SCG 003S is what everyone says is the gold standard for multiplayer. You can also aim for the Ferrari 488 GTB or the Cadillac Cien Concept. The Porsche, Jaguar and W40 are inferior to the Lamborghini, but can be made decent for pulling daily events.

A Class I only have the Aston Martin unlocked, and it is the slowest A Class overall. The Laferrari is an upgrade across the board to it (but harder to max out due to not being given freebie cards daily).

Darknyht

Daniel36

Darknyht wrote:

I did avoid the Beast X (outside the four free cards)

That was the first event I found to be really odd. After two or three rounds of not getting a Beast X card I was like "How on earth is anyone going to unlock this?" Plus I don't have that last car yet so I can't even get those 5 cards. But anyways, I gave up pretty quickly on that one.

Daniel36

Darknyht

@Daniel36 They are super rare cards only available in that event or by purchase.

Darknyht

bluedogrulez

@Darknyht Thanks for this! The Asterion has been good to me and it gets its 2nd star in a few days. I suppose I should not focus efforts on the Vette now; i did for the JAG which by your account and my experience is a JAC (Just Another Car). Love my Evora but can be outclassed in multiplayer. 4 cards away from the Shelby and 14 from LaFerrari, which would be sweet. These pack continue to break hearts though....

@C-Chakra Thank you for willing Siege Engine to the loft rep in the Slip Stream season!! You are a Legend!!

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez I would say do any free car run that you can, just focus on where you will earn the most. The free Viper event is why so many of us can run 3 or 4 star Vipers.

I would probably tell people starting out to focus progressing My Career first, then farm the Daily Event runs (Camaro, Dodge, Nissan daily blueprints plus anything else they can manage to win) along with any free car runs. The time goals on those events are not too difficult to beat once you are familiar with the game. Those will give you a decent starter garage that can get you to Gold Status online fairly quickly. Use any leftover time/gas (although the D-Class/C-Class refuel timers are not horrible) to run multiplayer whenever you lack ability to progress elsewhere.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

bluedogrulez

@Darknyht More great stuff, thanks. I think I have 350+ career flags (which I know is microscopic to you guys!); done with Chapt 1, probably 1/2 through Chapt 2, and have done a few Chapt 3 races. With respect to career, I tend to be most interest now in career events/races that offer relevant blueprints (and avoiding knockout events, lol!). Did a few races in the new MP season and have to get out of Silver so I can use the Asterion again....

komodo182

Well I think I will be stuck at 1095 flags for awhile until I can upgrade more cars and get more cars.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Darknyht

@komodo182 I am froze at 800 flags because I wasn't able to sink enough time into the earlier special events. The 3 ticket card pack races are the most frustrating for me because I get very little gaming time during the 24 hour period it runs.

I am however only 6 blueprints from having the Corvette thanks to managing to earn tokens in the free races to go to Corvette Packs. I also finally maxed out the Nissan D-Class which made earning the rare D-Packs much easier this time around. Hopefully by the end of the week my A-Class will be able to start earning cards on it's daily event, and I will be able to unlock my first S-Class this week.

Darknyht

bluedogrulez

While toiling away in the Silver and Gold Ranks this weekend without the services of my Asterion (curiously not available), I found my personal cheat code for multiplayer: my 2-star Anniversary Camaro. This car is better in multiplayer than any of my B cars (911, Jag f7 or Astin DB), my 1900+ Mercedes AMG and even my beloved Evora. The handling, acceleration, and nitro rankings (and any hidden stats) are really high. It also seems to avoid pairings with some of the better cars my Porsche seems to draw. Unfortunately, I'm a full 50 stars away from 3-stars for the Anniversary Camaro out, and I think the only way to get its BPs is through the premium packs.

@Darknyht A maxed out Nissan 360 is a joy!

Edited on by bluedogrulez

Darknyht

@bluedogrulez The Camaro was a favorite for me but I haven't really used the Anniversary past the required career races. The Nissan maxed isn't as good as the Camaro maxed, but they like putting extra blueprints behind the Nissan on the weekly D-Class event (still want a Shelby).

Part of me appreciates that they change up the required cars for multiplayer, even though it stinks if you don't have a deep garage on the high end.

Darknyht

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic