Forums

Topic: Best Switch Shmups

Posts 141 to 156 of 156

Magician

@Joeynator3000 Yeah, Radiant Silvergun is not a bullet-hell. Like Ikaruga, it's closer to a puzzle game rather than being a shmup that asks for precision in gameplay. But unlike Ikaruga, RS isn't as difficult. There's more variety in your weapon options to tackle stages in different ways.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Joeynator3000

@Magician ...A puzzle shmup, guess I never played that before. xD
Well as long as there's homing weapons then I'm in. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Played a bit. Had to put it on easy. Made it up through stage 2C and died. I wish I could feed extra credits to see the whole game first. Maybe practice mode let's you do that. Though sometimes you have to unlock the stages in Arcade/Story mode first. Game is fun though. Really fun.

@Joeynator3000
You have 7 different weapons from the start.

One is more traditional straight shot. One is straight and backwards. One is homing lock on reticles swirling around. One is heat seeking bullets. One is a melee deflection, one is dual lazers that swing outward in a V and back to straight alternating, and one is V shaped explosive attacks. Choosing the right weapon for each enemy is crucial.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Drainus announced for Switch

I'd had my eye on this one for PC. Awesome it's coming to Switch

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

I found a Shmup Guide that gives some really excellent tips and techniques for new players to get good.

Here's some screenshots of a small section of the Guide, focused on techniques.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

JaxonH

Consider me intrigued

JaxonH

Sophstar physical release.

Game looks good.

https://videogamesplus.ca/products/sophstar-switch-red-art-ga...

Magician

Looking forward to ordering a Japanese copy of NeverAwake sometime soon, before its release early next year.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Raiden III x Mikado Maniax coming in February.
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/raiden-iii-x-mikado-maniax-an...

JaxonH

@Magician
Dope.

We're gonna have the full Raiden series on Switch. 3, 4 and 5, with the original as an Arcade Archive. Is 3 considered the best? Or 4?

We're really just missing Gradius V (Treasure), Ketsui (M2 Shot Triggers),
Battle Garega (M2 Shot Triggers - Raizing), Batsugun, Zero Wing and Out Zone (Toaplan), Mushihime Futari, Guwange and Dangun Feveron (CAVE), and Ketsui (M2 Shot Triggers - CAVE).

That would pretty much be everything I want.

Magician

@JaxonH I believe the census is that III is the best entry in the Raiden series, yes.

Aside from that...yeah, Guwange and Dangun Feveron would be the top two I'd want at this point.

That track used for the character select screen in Guwange is one of my favorite tracks.

WaffleBoat

Gungeon gungeon gungeon!

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

retrokid104

Anyone else like Thunder Force here?

retrokid104

Switch Friend Code: SW-0114-5726-1716 | My Nintendo: retrokid

EmirParkreiner

Some cool new releases are Deltazeal from Triangle Service (who also have the shmup-heave arcade minigame collection "Arcade Love -plus Pengo!" available on Switch in Japan) and the cool shmup/rhythm game mix Noisz Re:Collection (currently only in JP/America).

EmirParkreiner

canaryfarmer

I purchased STRIKERS1945 III and am loving it--do I want to get STRIKERS II or PLUS (ACA version)?; I read that Plus is a later remake of II for the NeoGeo, and I'd rather just get the better version of that game instead of buying both (unless the differences are super dramatic). Thanks!

canaryfarmer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic