Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3?!

Posts 221 to 238 of 238

Mr-Fuggles777

No Bayo3, this game is vaperware at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled like Scalebound.
Platinum have a history of biting off more than they can chew, especially as they announced Babylon's Fall is going to be a live service title.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Joeynator3000

Would've been funny if "Bayonetta 3" appeared during the Direct...
...and then "is progressing smoothly." right after just to irritate us even more. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

link3710

@Mr-Fuggles777 Doubtful. Kamiya's been pretty upfront in saying that he feels that it's ready to reveal but his hands are tied, and to expect the reveal sometime this year. He's not exactly the type to not speak his mind lol.

link3710

Mr-Fuggles777

@link3710 he was saying the same things about Scalebound until it cancelled

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Henmii

The game might be in development hell. One of the reasons could be that guy that left, I forgot his name. Or that they are now part of Tencent. I also think they announced far to many games recently and the only thing they released so far is that mobile-game (again Tencent). I have seen very little about Babylons fall so far, but people don't seem to be very happy. They say it looks slow and like a mobile-game. Maybe the studio has lost its mojo?

Henmii

Henmii

@Slowdive

yeah, but he loves to troll and to provoke. That's just how he is.

Henmii

Henmii

@Slowdive

At the same time: Maybe his hands are really tight and Nintendo doesn't let him tell anything/show anything. We just don't know.

Henmii

jump

@Slowdive He's his own boss, he quit Capcom to do what he wants. Besides it's not like there's that many Bayonetta fans to upset anyway. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

"I get why people say, ‘Hurry up and release info’ or ‘Show us something,’ but... Reckless remarks like ‘Has development stopped?’ or ‘I guess it’s been delayed’, etc. are nothing but annoying public waste."

Well, that seems confirmation it's still on track lol. Some people just don't have the patience for the fact that modern games have 4-5 year development cycles lol.

link3710

alpacatears

I'm happy to be patient with waiting for the sequel. It's such a campy, over the top game franchise, so I think trying to rush it would be a huge detriment to it.

alpacatears

jedgamesguy

They revealed this game way too early. Platinum probably found out they were making Bayo3 when that trailer dropped, then they were all "oh no, we haven't even started yet!"

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Buizel

@Slowdive Seems like we've had plenty of updates on Bayonetta 3 then!

At least 2'8".

Magician

I'll be happier to assume Bayo 3 has gone the way of Scalebound.

In the discard bin.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@link3710

Yeah, I noticed the article this morning, thanks. So it's not unofficially cancelled, which is great. Late 2022, early 2023 then? Meh, I'll assume 2024 until Nintendo say otherwise.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Well at least people can stop acting like Bayonetta 3 is vaporware now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic