Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3?!

Posts 201 to 220 of 238

Magician

I have to admit, every time I hear Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" in my heart-of-hearts...I know she's singing about Bayonetta 3.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, I'm sure she is.... Been waiting 1000 years & will wait 1000 more! Unfortunately, us mortals don't live that long

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

Doesn't surprise me really. It's kind of funny, bayo3 has gone from my most anticipated game to slowly becoming an after thought. The more we wait with no info the more I lose interest. Astral chain helped me forget about it a little lol.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Slowdive yea exactly, thats kind of my feeling too. Feeding is the same sentences over and over kinda bummed me out for the game. I'll still grab it, but I'm not overly hyped like I was years ago.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, that's more info for Everwild than for Bayonetta 3, @Slowdive ..... The latter is supposedly 'going well'! If they had problems with it, it's better to just tell people, then they can understand what's taking so long

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

I think their main problem with it was announcing it far too early, though, @Slowdive ..... So, it's possible the 'going well' is true! I'm still hyped for it & am hopeful it'll be in todays Direct

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

How does something like Bayonetta 3 get delayed that much though? Bayonetta 2 was widely considered to be one of the greatest action games ever made. All they had to do was literally copy the code, design a new world and story, add a few new moves, and hey presto.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

Slowdive wrote:

Something Bayonetta 3-related. Think Liam is implying that the game had a restart of development:

Its a change of director, not a restart.

Also Liam is just a donkey. When the Bayonetta 2 director left Platinum Liam wrote a huge winky insider thing about how he’s been gone for over a year only for it to turn out he had literally left that day so Liam started deleting what he said. Him bringing this up is a donkey move as it reminds people he was talking out of his arse rather than he was right.

Since Liam has people like Zippo as his source I can’t take him seriously.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@Dezzy Bayonetta 3 was never delayed as it never had a release date.

Development only started when it was announced in late 2017 so it’s been less than 4 years.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Dezzy

@jump

Well that's true of Prime 4 as well, but it was still obviously delayed.

Just means delayed from whatever their unofficial expected release window was, which they obviously do all have. Even Cyberpunk which claimed not to have, clearly did have an expected release window, which is why they were forced to get it out the door.

jump

@Dezzy well 3 years is generally considered the standard development time and add a slight coivd delay so if it’s announced today it would seem like it had a pretty normal development cycle to be honest.

Bayonetta was just a case of Nintendo in Switch year one were desperate to make sure they had gamer’s games and announced it to boost hype for the 1&2 re-releases.

Nicolai wrote:

jedgamesguy

Slowdive wrote:

Sep 19, 2018: "Bayonetta 3 Development Going "Very, Very Well""
Feb 13, 2019: "PlatinumGames Still "Hard At Work" Developing Bayonetta 3"
Dec 27, 2019: "Hideki Kamiya Says Bayonetta 3 Development Is "Going Really Well"
Jan 09, 2020: "Kamiya Knows People Are Worried About Bayonetta 3, Development "Very Smoothly"
Feb 23, 2020: "Hideki Kamiya Says The Development Of Bayonetta 3 Is "Progressing Smoothly""
Mar 02, 2020: "Listen, You Really Don't Need To Worry About Bayonetta 3, Says PlatinumGames"
May 24, 2020: "Kamiya Is Sick Of Fans Asking Him If Bayonetta 3 Has Been Cancelled"
Aug 02, 2020: "Hideki Kamiya Insists Bayonetta 3's Development Is "Going Fine""
Jan 16, 2021: "Hideki Kamiya Hopes To Share An Update About Bayonetta 3 At Some Point In 2021"
Jan 29, 2021: "Fans Should 'Forget About Bayonetta 3' For Now, Says Platinum's Hideki Kamiya"

I was thinking back to how much Kamiya was doing that and this is perfect. It's the same guy who blocks people on Twitter if they tag him in English, calls loyal fans insects and stalls like this. Why did they even announce it if all they're gonna do is say the same stuff for four years.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG Platinum didn't announce it Nintendo did. One of his responses (this year?) even said something along the lines of it's Nintendo's game so it's up to them to talk about it as we can't without their say so.

Nicolai wrote:

jedgamesguy

@jump Fair enough, that explains. Surely though Nintendo never announce games that early in the cycle… maybe that was just to build hype?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG I mentioned my theory earlier in the thread, year one Switch Ninty still had the smell of the Wii U to shake off so they announced it as a promise to 'core gamers and it was also around the time 1&2 got released to possibly help boost their sales.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Dezzy

jump wrote:

Bayonetta was just a case of Nintendo in Switch year one were desperate to make sure they had gamer’s games

Yeah this was obvious with Prime 4, although it was never that clear with Bayonetta 3. That was announced in December 2017, so over a year after the Switch was properly announced. If it really was just a kind of promissory note, with no clear launch window in site, why did they wait until December? Prime 4 was announced at E3 that year.

jump

@Dezzy 2018 was a slow year for releases and other gamer games in the pipeline like Astral Chain or Daemon X Machina had no name value so to keep up the appearance of games coming they might have seen this as their best shot. In any case it was still dumb to announce it so early.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

So three Bayonettas...I so hope he's trolling people just so I can see the uproar!

Nicolai wrote:

Dezzy

If Bayonetta is here, I'm guessing it's either the very first thing they show, or the very last.

If they're showing Bayo + BotW2, Bayo will be the first. If BotW2 isn't here, then Bayo will be the final game!

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I'd be very surprised if the Direct doesn't start with Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic