Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,493

CroRock

Gunbird 2 is out in the wild!
It’s a blast to play. Playing on Baby difficulty (they changed from monkey🐒 )
Leaderboards are still Zerodiv stile but thankfully it resets score after using continue like in Dragon Blaze.

Little tip: you can play as Aine if you press down on question mark. He’s meele attack is awesome.

Edit: Aine was exclusive character for dreamcast so as Morrigan but I can’t figure it out how to play with her. It should be pressing up on question mark but it doesn’t work. Can’t find anything about on internet atm. If someone finds the way, please let us know

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

It looks great. Reminds me of my the most beloved Cave games. If only Nicalis would buy licenses or whatever is needed to put all Cave games on Switch.. 😢

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

RetroGamerAndrew

The concept is similar to eXceed serie (https://store.steampowered.com/app/207370/eXceed__Gun_Bullet_Children/), could be interesting.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

mauhlin12

@meppi64 I was just about to post this. I'm backing the Flip Grip for sure.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

riccyjay

@CroRock That's a great tip for Gunbird 2, about the secret character. I'd never have discovered that by myself. Great game. Hard to say how it compares to the original after just a day of play, but it's certainly not a disappointment.

That Shikhondo news is amazing, too. I don't want to watch too much of any playthroughs because I don't want to spoil playing it for the first time myself, but it looks absolutely gorgeous. Just dropped digitally on PS4 it seems so hopefully Switch digital release is not far behind.

SW-4616-4310-4138

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64 thought about you and all the guys here when I first saw it. Going to back it myself, for the price it's definitely worth a shot.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@mauhlin12 @RetroGamerAndrew
Yeah, it's by Jeremy Parish and Fangamer, so you know it'll be good.
They have been testing various forms out for several months now and settled on this design, so it should be good.
Really cheap as well, which I wasn't really expecting to be honest.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

And it's been funded!

"Well that certainly didn't take long
Posted by Jeremy Parish (Collaborator)
Hi, everyone, it's Retronauts co-host Jeremy Parish here to say: Whoa.

After spending all day yesterday watching over this campaign, I eventually called it a night. I promptly fell asleep, tossing and turning with restless dreams of Flip Grip climbing toward its funding goal. At one point around 3 a.m. I jolted awake, reached over to check my phone, and... we had passed 100%! So I can literally say you've all made my dreams come true.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this campaign! You've made my dreams come true in a more figurative sense, too. Flip Grip is something I've wanted for myself ever since I learned that Namco Museum on Switch would offer a vertical play option for games that appeared in the arcades in portrait mode. Finally, the ultimate version of Galaga in my hands—what's not to like? As the Fangamer crew stepped in to oversee this project and Mike Choi churned out a rapid stream of prototypes (each better than the last), it really began to dawn on me that this frivolous idea had genuine potential. Still, it wasn't until we went live yesterday and the numbers began to roll in that Flip Grip began to feel like something that will actually be a real thing I (and, critically, thousands of other people) will be able to hold in my hand.

It's pretty wild to see a completely self-indulgent idea like this take form into something great through the collaboration of so many people. Mike has done an amazing job with design, and he's also kept the entire project ticking along with his sheer enthusiasm. And of course Fangamer have brought their usual professionalism, sanity, and polish to Flip Grip. I can't express the depth of my gratitude to them; they've made Flip Grip possible. (Honestly, I haven't done much here beyond really wanting to play Galaga.) But it's you — all 2,873 of you as I type out this sentence, no, wait, now it's 2,875 — to whom the greatest "thank you" is due. So, thank you. I hope you enjoy using Flip Grip as much as I will.

So, some quick extra notes:

Since funding is already guaranteed for Flip Grip, we've gone ahead and set the ball rolling for the next phase of production rather than waiting until July 9 to get it going. That should shave about two weeks off the ETA for the final product. I think. I'm not the expert on manufacturing process here, but I kind of think it stands to reason, yeah?

This is usually the point in the campaign at which people announce stretch goals or extra tiers, but we don't have any news on that at the moment. We do have some ideas and possible partnerships brewing, but we want to be careful not to commit to anything that's could cause Flip Grip to be delayed. This is a lean, to-the-point campaign intended entirely to drum up the cash to have a fully designed product mass-manufactured as quickly as possible, and we don't want to distract from that.

We've been doing our best to answer questions in the campaign comments, but we'll put together proper FAQs and such in the coming days. We'll also try posting additional updates, like, say, videos of Flip Grip in action. Please look forward to my longplay of Tower of Druaga.

Stay tuned for further updates, and thank you once again for supporting this project, whether that's been through pledges or simply by helping to spread the word to interested parties."

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Steveovig

It probably isn't much but I just cracked 200,000 on Gunbird 2. It's real fun so far. Up until recently, I had the DC version but didn't play it much. I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet but each difficulty DOES NOT have its own leaderboard. I found that out playing Baby and now I have a 600,000 point high score ahead of all my Normal scores. What a shame but I guess I won't be playing anything but Normal from now on.

Edited on by Steveovig

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

wasilewski

I bet Billy Mitchell wouldn't be able to beat @GrailUK's score on Donkey Kong.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

CroRock

Almost 1 million on GUNBIRD2 easiest difficulty.. on normal I can barely pass 200 000. To many bullets and cheap shot bosses. It’s much easier to play on iPhone. I wish Zerodiv could implement one hidden Switch feature nobody knows about - TOUCHSCREEN! But I guess it’s out of Zerodiv capability. I mean.. they didn’t even bother to make separate leaderboards for different difficulties. Not to mention going online with them.. but thats SI-FI in 2018 tho

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

meppi64

@wasilewski well yeah, the Switch is hacked after all... so he probably would.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Lroy

meppi64 wrote:

@wasilewski well yeah, the Switch is hacked after all... so he probably would.

😂

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@meppi64 Haha

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GFoyle

My score in inversus castle level is 90 771 currently. Fun game.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

Hope folks don't mind? But would like to extend an invitation.

A fair few of us now have joined up to the NL Adult Switch Gamers Discord - set-up by @knownaslethal and overseen by @naviandmii , primarily as a means to organise and enable text and voice chat for our regular Game Nights.

However, it has also quickly become a great place to instant message and generally shoot the breeze about gaming, the World Cup and other stuff.

I had my reservations, thinking I can't really be bothered to figure out how to use another app/Forum/web thingy but I'm totally won over. It's like having a little off-shoot of NL but where each one of the members is a mate you actually participate in gaming sessions and chats with.

We'd love to see as many of you fellas over there as possible and be amazing if @Oorwullie could head-up an Arcade High-Score challenge thread on there.

Anyway, I'll leave the invite link here in case anyone wants to join us: https://discord.gg/ufMFfdr

Any issues signing up, tag in @NaviandMii as he's a whizz with Discord

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

riccyjay

@Steveovig I don't remember exactly who it was, but someone on here suggested this to me: use different profiles for 'practice' runs / 'real' runs. I have a couple of different profiles already to use for the different eshops so I keep one just for high score runs. Not as good as having them in game, but at least it's a workable solution.

SW-4616-4310-4138

GFoyle

It's bee a bit quiet on the challenge front it seems. I guess some fatigue is kicking in as participation has been a bit quiet lately (Ikaruga being popular and know got people playing initially at least, but even that was quite quiet at the end of the extended period). Inversus got hardly anybody participating.

Maybe it's too many games coming out lately, word cup and summer period too. Maybe it would be better to have some summer break from these challenges?

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic