Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 3,493

OorWullie

@CW13 That's brilliant, I didn't know that. I just checked it out there and it looks fantastic with just the timer and your score at the top. I emailed Hamster asking if they would consider adding the ability to play TATE in Caravan mode 3 weeks ago and they replied saying "It will be a reference for our development." Then the next vertical game they release after that, it's in there.

I'm sure my email was one of many they received on this but still, it shows they're listening. I wonder if they'll update their other TATE games too? I have Heroic Episode, Star Force, Terra Cresta and Punch Out. I know they've updated several of their past releases with video capture functionality so there's a good chance they will.

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Mr Mustard šŸ‡¹šŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

šŸ•¹ļø The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards šŸ•¹ļø

RetroGamerAndrew

As for weekly challenge, I'm pretty open to Inversus, even though -I must admit- if I had the choice I'd go for a more classic arcade-y game.
On a sidenote, will there also be a pinball challenge?

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

hybridseed

@Daftbomb Excellent game choice, played the Inversus demo for about half an hour and the purchase, especially at the current sale price was a no brainer..

We'll have to arrange some friendly battles between us all here sometimeā˜ŗ

@RetroGamerAndrew Real glad I read what you said about 1917 Alien Invasion... Thanks!

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Steveovig

I might not join in on this one either. I played the demo and enjoyed the Multiplayer but not the Arcade mode.

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5043-3463

GFoyle

Finally passed 500k mark. Iā€™m improving but itā€™s slow.

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

SegaRacer

Looks like I hung on to my third place finish in Ikaruga. I didn't really have an opportunity to play any more of it last week, but I still feel like I could improve. I'll probably continue here again at some point and do a few more rounds. Congrats to 1st and 2nd!

By the way, I noticed Gunbird 2 is now on the upcoming section of the eShop for a release this week.

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

hybridseed

@GFoyle Is that on normal settings, 1 credit, 3 lives etc? Wow!

Great score on the current challenge too, I was ahead of you for about half an hour yesterday šŸ˜‚

hybridseed

I know it's not like me to go off topic but I've just been playing one of the best modern arcade games I've played in years, and it's by Nintendo!

Untitled

Cruis n Blast, there's speculation it may come to Switch... Really hope that happens!

hybridseed

@Corneel It is pure arcade, ott fun! The London course where the Millennium Wheel is rolling around, it's just great! Yeah it'd be perfect for Switch.. Please Nintendo, make it happenšŸ˜‰

Was searching the web after playing it to see how to share my score with the qr code that comes up and saw the twin arcade machine for sale in US for $58000.. Unfortunately the wifey won't buy me onešŸ˜‚

GrailUK

@bezerker99 Thanks Have to break 50K! Lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

mauhlin12

@GrailUK Nice! Have you found your Japanese Terra Cresta rival on the leaderboard yet?

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

GrailUK

@mauhlin12 Haha, no. (And I haven't finished with that game yet...just taking a break is all...)

DashKappei

If we do DK we should go INTERNATIONAL HIGHSCORE mode instead of CARAVAN imo. Doesnā€™t really make sense to play DK in caravan mode, especially since thereā€™s too much randomization which wonā€™t make a difference in a full game but definitely will on Caravan. Also, Iā€™d say that no too many people last more than 10 minutes per game... so each go will still be reasonable time-wise.
Also 2 weeks challenge.

I mean itā€™s freakinā€™ DONKEY KONG!
The epitome of competitive retro-gaming!
Available for the first time ever in its pure arcade form (RAREā€™s DK64 had a port of DK, which had similar but def not perfect gameplay physics, not the true arcade rom)
I swear to god I legit screamed when I saw it on the eShop, to me (if I didnā€™t own a Switch already) it would EASILY classify as a TRUE KILLER APP and Iā€™m not even kidding, standing tall next to Zelda BOTW and MariOdy as the best reasons to own the machine (together with the SWITCH becoming the de-facto SHMUP console of this gen)

Btw, I never get notifications about this threadā€™s new posts anymore...

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

Zkibu

I am with @DashKappei here. Maybe it's just me, but I like to play DK super carefully and IMO the Caravan mode is going to take away that aspect. However rushing through and racking up points could be refreshing.

I just want to this game in our challenge

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

GrailUK

@Zkibu @DashKappei I would be so up for high score mode DK challenge eventually. And totally spot on about the first 2 rounds of DK having a lot of rng.

RetroGamerAndrew

@DashKappei me too, I randomly get notification and often I don't get them at all. Kinda weird (and annoying).

Anyway, dropped in just to add my +1 to a DK contest. Sooo old-school. Gotta love it.

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

GFoyle

hybridseed wrote:

@GFoyle Is that on normal settings, 1 credit, 3 lives etc? Wow!

Great score on the current challenge too, I was ahead of you for about half an hour yesterday šŸ˜‚

Yep, same settings in Dragon Blaze as in the challenge. Second credit would reset your points in this game so it wouldn't make sense to use extra credits for score playing. I haven't even got past stage 4 yet, but it's not been my goal either before I get good enough in first 4.

I wouldn't even thought about Inversus if it wasn't suggested as a challenge (I don't get excited of abstract games easily), but after trying the demo I bought it right away. Quite good, very addicting and fun. Not sure how long it lasts, but I have had fun in this one. Not sure what rules we are using in the challenge though? EDIT: seems to Castle level (I have been mostly the first level and there I got quite decent score)

Anyway, those you haven't tried, I really recommend trying the demo and arcade mode, it's fun!

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic