Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 8,581 to 8,600 of 10,553

Cosmofantasmo

@jamesnl

For starters I need almost all the statues except the motherly, the rock-head and the warrior. My problem is, Redd is coming regularly but most of the time he has either all fake or the only real ones are already in my museum so I have no incentive to buy it again. Maybe I have one or two to trade in my basement but otherwise I have only DIYs, money or resources to trade for.

Edit: It seems I’ve got an amazing and a quaint painting in real form...

Edited on by Cosmofantasmo

FC: SW-3787-0301-2906
Profile name: cosmo
ACNH island: Kansai
Dreams: DA-3170-6137-9903

PokemonGirl99

What time does the Turkey 🦃 Day event start

PokemonGirl99

jamesnl

@Cosmofantasmo I will send you a FR later and invite you over. Will be easier. I have quite a few paintings but i think i have familar and beautiful statues too.

jamesnl

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Thanks! Much appreciated.

@jamesnl Aw man I must have missed it. It said it was posted on 2:52 AM (my time zone), I was sleeping at that time. But thank you for the tag

@Heavyarms55 Cool, you're welcome!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@Cosmofantasmo I've got 350 hours in the game and I talk to my villagers and give them presents almost every day and not gotten a single picture. I have no idea how that mechanic is supposed to work. :/

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Cosmofantasmo I'm missing the cosmos wreath and pansy wreath DIYs. You still have those?

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Cosmofantasmo

@MarioLover92

They’re on the way to you!

@Heavyarms55

I know very well how to get the photos. You have to reach the friendship level where you can change their greeting. After that there is a chance to get the photo after gifting them something or completing a delivery or another quest. But the max percentage is only 10%, so it can be a long wait.

FC: SW-3787-0301-2906
Profile name: cosmo
ACNH island: Kansai
Dreams: DA-3170-6137-9903

Heavyarms55

@Cosmofantasmo oh, so it's just rng. figures.

Heavyarms55

@jamesnl thanks for the offer. But I have it.

Anti-Matter

PokemonGirl99 wrote:

What time does the Turkey 🦃 Day event start

26 November 2020 by real date.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Cosmofantasmo Thanks a bunch for the DIYs! I don't think I have any extra cherry blossom DIYs and I'm pretty much on the same situation as you - I've only learned 4 of them. I don't have any extra paintings/statues at the moment. I do have some leftover DIYs, however - not sure if you've learned all of what I'm gonna list below, but I'll list what spares I have:

Cardboard table
Cherry wall
Golden arowana model
Golden candlestick
Ironwood table
Music stand
Peach hat
Steel flooring
Stone lion-dog

Let me know if you'd like any of them - I'm happy to help

Sisilly_G

Cosmofantasmo wrote:

2. I’ve got problems getting my villagers pictures, too. Especially Deirdre and Kabuki are overdue. But one or two others are „ready“ too.

Julian was one of my first villagers, but he only recently gave me his picture. I've had other villagers who I have had for a far shorter amount of time give me their pictures much sooner (and who I had then subsequently replaced via amiibo cards).

I believe more expensive gifts will encourage them to give you their photos sooner, as I had pampered Daisy and Raddle quite a bit with expensive gifts (such as a laptop for Daisy and a server for Raddle) and they were quick to give me their photos.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Heavyarms55

Just wanted to say thanks to the wonderful community here. I love how generous and friendly everyone is. It's so refreshing compared to most other communities these days.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Am I imagining it or does anyone else's villagers seem to be interacting with things a lot more since the latest update?

Clyde_Radcliffe

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 I'm really proud to be a part of this community too. Glad I could help you out with the mushroom items and the pine cone arch!

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 It was a HUGE help too. I've put like 10-15 hours in over the last week or so, playing a good bit more than normal hoping to get those DIYs and despite shooting down a ton of balloons I only got a small handful. It's amazing that some people actually had a couple extras to share with me. I have to imagine they either play an enormous amount, or had arguably worse RNG, getting doubles of the few DIYs they did have.

I'm glad you had better luck than me and were able to craft me the items anyway. I'm really looking forward to the winter stuff in this game, and I will be pretty salty if it's just as rare.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Ah, I see. Although I got 6 of the mushroom DIYs, the game just didn't give them to me lightly. Getting brand new fall DIYs (and even duplicates) was still a rather rare occurrence, even for me...especially now. So I'm happy to have crafted you the stuff you wanted. I'm also looking forward to the winter items. Hopefully they'll be more common than the fall ones.

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I'm curious, I didn't mean to imply the game gave them to you lightly. How long did it take you to get them?

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 I got the mushroom DIYs roughly two times per week, give or take. I had DIY droughts that felt like, forever. And nah, you're good

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Yuck. That's far too uncommon. I really do hope they are either easier to find, or obtained through some other method that's not luck based.

I put a LOT of time into getting the mermaid set finished, but I was okay with that because it was something that I could more directly control. I could dive until I found the scallop every day until I got them all. Balloons show up at random and there's nothing really you can do to increase your odds besides just leaving the game on for hours and keeping an eye on it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic