Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 6,361 to 6,380 of 10,553

meeto_1

Hello people. Longtime no speak.

Anyone else have an extra item on sale today in their shop? Was that a planned update for the summer that I forgot/missed?

My item was: retro fan.

Switch name: Jason
Friend code: SW-5068-9408-5112
Please let me know if you are adding me, I reject requests I don’t recognise.

Northern Hemisphere - UK
Island name: Bravos
Native Flowers: Tulips
Native Fruit: Oranges

BenAV

@meeto_1 I dunno what the deal with that is but mine was celebratory candles.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@meeto_1 I did indeed notice it, and that was what mine was as well! And mine was a green retro fan too!

Which I just ordered for you @FattyWhale_42 since I actually remembered you needed it!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

meeto_1

@BenAV @Heavyarms55 good to know it wasn’t just me not fully reading a thing. I wonder if this is a permanent thing.

Edited on by meeto_1

Northern Hemisphere - UK

Xyphon22

They are special seasonal items for the summer. I got a surfboard.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

meeto_1

@Xyphon22 I misunderstood then. I thought the seasonal items were just the ones in the catalogue. The international kids day items. Either way I’m happy to have more choice.

Anyone in the north hemisphere catch any sharks yet? I think the Southern Hemisphere already had shark season maybe? Caught one of the rarest oneS this morning at 5am. I definitely do my best fishing when I’m not planning to

Northern Hemisphere - UK

Xyphon22

@meeto_1 Yeah, I saw somewhere that the bottom left corner is for seasonal items. It was probably in the guide book. So I think Christmas items will be there in December and the like. I'm just glad that they are unlimited so my whole family can buy them everyday instead of only one a day like the upper items.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

edhe

Untitled
Untitled
I spent about 30 minutes playing around with the photo shoot this morning - perhaps a bit longer than I'd envisaged. I'm curious to see the themes for the rest of the month.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

BenAV

meeto_1 wrote:

I think the Southern Hemisphere already had shark season maybe?

@meeto_1 Yep, March was the end of shark season for Southern Hemisphere so we had 12 days with them when the first came out. Was great for earning Bells early game (along with dorado in the rivers). There were actually so many fish available in March that I hit the miles reward for catching 60 different fish before the end of March without even travelling to any Northern Hemisphere islands, haha.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Mountain_Man

k8sMum wrote:

That's one of the reasons I don't engage in as much trading via online as many: trying to keep having something worthwhile to do.

It's somewhat counter intuitive that this game seems to offer more for the single player than the online player. I remember in New Leaf it took me a long, long time to get my house looking just the way I wanted it because I had to wait for items to show up in the store, and New Horizons is going to be the same for me — only now I have a whole island to decorate! Animal Crossing is traditionally a game that takes years to "complete". I'm looking at some of these houses and islands on Reddit which are basically at an "end game" state, and I'm wondering what else is there for them to do? I can't help but think that in their rush to "finish" the game, a lot of these players have cheated themselves out of the full experience.

The Mountain Man

meeto_1

@BenAV I can imagine you raked in a good number of bells. I have caught so far a whale shark, 2 great whites and two hammer sharks. Haven’t been logged on that much today. Shark fishing is preferable to regular big fish fishing. At least you’re guaranteed not to catch a sea bass.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

BenAV

@meeto_1 Yeah, they spawn frequently enough and the fact that they're easily identifiable makes it easy to just catch them throughout the day without specifically aiming for them. Dorado are similar. Spawn reasonably often and their shadows are noticeably big for a river fish so I'd usually catch a few randomly throughout the course of the day without looking for them.

BenAV

BrittGOAL14

No new fish so far today even with bait! What a ripoff. 😂 I’m impatient. Coach Is in boxes, let me know if interested in getting him!

Edited on by BrittGOAL14

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

BrittGOAL14

@Mountain_Man I agree. I never even “completed” New Leaf! MANY fish/bugs and I think even fossils I haven’t gotten. Loved that game.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

FattyWhale_42

Flower Stand DIY. I know that's one a lot of people need. (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Mountain_Man

ReikoMortis wrote:

The carpet camel is at my island, let me know if you want to visit and I'll open the gate XD

Her name is Sahara, but I love "carpet camel". Ha ha!

The Mountain Man

FattyWhale_42

Trophy Case DIY (>^_^)>

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

ShepherdFBC

@Gret8888 Would you like to visit my island every other day to collect the DIYs? You seem to know a lot more people that can use them than we do. Thanks in advance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8170-7716-5321
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons
Island Name: Sheps Isle
Hemisphere: Northern
Native Fruit: Apples
Native Flowers: Roses, Windflowers, and Tulips
Start Date: 3-28-2020

Switch Friend Code: SW-8170-7716-5321

jamesnl

I have lots of diys needing a new home for anyone who needs them. I will otherwise end up selling them to Nooks so I can reclaim the room in my house (:

Angled Signpost / Birdcage / Butter Churn / Cherry Rug / Dark wooden-mosaic wall / Document Stack /
Ironwood Bed / Log bed / Log stool / manga library wall / Modeling Clay / natural garden table / peach hat /
Peach surprise box / peach umbrella / Pear dress / pot / Rocking Horse / Simple DIY Workbench / Small Cardboard Boxes / Stone Table / Terrarium / Wooden Block Stool / Wooden bookshelf / Wooden Bucket / Wooden Chair / Zen Style Stone.

Bamboo basket / Bamboo Bench / Bamboo Doll / Bamboo grove wall / Bamboo Noodle Slide
Bamboo Shoot Lamp / Bamboo Speaker / Bamboo Sphere / Bamboo Wand / Basket Pack
Green Leaf pile / Light Bamboo Rug / Pan Flute / Steamer basket set

Edited on by jamesnl

jamesnl

BenAV

@jamesnl If you do end up deciding to just get rid of them, you can come and dump them on my island rather than selling to Nook's Cranny for basically nothing. I don't need any but can find homes for a lot of them.

BenAV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic