Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 10,121 to 10,140 of 10,553

MarioVillager92

Since there was maintenance going on and we couldn't send each other in-game chat messages, I used that time to go to a Kapp'n island, get a new food DIY, and work on my amusement park for a bit before I chillax and go to bed. I was pretty busy with stuff earlier today.

Also, while maintenance was going on, my game saved quicker. I think the reason why it's been taking longer was because of some internet connection thing. I noticed my island was backed up on the previous day, perhaps every time I pick "save and end" and it takes around 5 seconds or so to save, my island gets backed up? Let me know if you have your own take on this.

@k8sMum I don't know, sorry. I get those friend requests out of nowhere on occasion, and they don't even tag me on this very forum.

@BrittGOAL14 Best of luck to your mom...that sounds like a strange issue. I sent you a Twitter message, by the way. Nothing major, just me asking when you'd like to play Mario Party.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Mountain_Man

Strange question, but is there a way to remove a path from underneath a rock? I relocated a villager's house earlier this week, and it ended up removing a rock which I have been chasing around my island and destroying as it has respawned in one terrible place after another. Today it respawned on a path that I have been able to reroute, but now there is one square of path underneath the rock, and as silly as it is, it really bugs me, but I have no idea how to clear the space underneath it without removing the rock. I tried the clean-up feature, but it doesn't affect paths. I'm thinking I'll just have to live with it, because this is the least terrible space the rock has appeared in since it was initially removed, and I don't want to spend another week chasing it around and hoping it doesn't reappear somewhere even worse.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Gret8888

Wondering which GYROIDS you’ve collected?
Open up your NookLink, click on catalog, search by criteria, click on GYROIDS.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
YEET! 🤣

Name: Gretchen
Island Name: Fanta$y
Hemisphere: Northern

Switch Friend Code: SW-8381-9750-1521

MarioVillager92

Finally got the DLC after the update downloaded! I went ahead and bought it on its own, so I can have it forever.

@Mountain_Man That's weird...it literally spawned on your path huh? I thought rocks only spawn on grass. I don't think you can push them either - as far as I know, breaking them is the only way.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Mountain_Man

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Mountain_Man That's weird...it literally spawned on your path huh? I thought rocks only spawn on grass. I don't think you can push them either - as far as I know, breaking them is the only way.

Happened multiple times which is why I kept breaking it to force it to respawn. It's probably because I have so many trees that there aren't many clear spots on my island other than the paths (rocks and trees can't be adjacent to each other). Also, it's a dirt path. I don't think they will spawn on top of wood or stone, but dirt paths are apparently fair game.

I suppose I could clear out a meadow and hope it respawns there, but I'm so tired of playing the rock lottery. I planted a bush next to it to try and block the tiny bit of path I can see peeking out the far side of the rock. Like I said, it's a silly thing to be bothered by, so I'll just live with it (for now - ha ha).

The Mountain Man

MarioVillager92

Started playing Happy Home Paradise and I like it so far. I do tend to overthink how I design everyone's vacation homes though, since I don't want to screw things up, lol. Looks like I'm doing pretty good right now though!

Though, I do have a question. I gave Bubbles some chocolate, and had her come to the HHP island. I then got to design a vacation home for her and got some Poki for my trouble. When I came back to my island, I found Bubbles in her house again, and she was still crafting a DIY. Is that supposed to happen, villagers coming back to my island when I do?

@Mountain_Man Ah, okay. That makes sense, also because plants can grow on dirt paths. I never bothered with positioning rocks together, that's too much work for me. Most of the time, I just leave them where they are. lol

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I think the villagers on your island have nothing to do with villagers on HHP island.
It was like two different universe.
You can have as many villagers at HHP island even with same villagers from your island but they are like two different individual.
On my HHP island, I assigned my Rooney as school teacher, Wolfgang as head chef, Curt as store manager, Apollo as doctor but on my main island, they are normal villagers.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Huh. That's a bit odd, but thanks for the explanation nonetheless. I guess I could imagine that Bubbles could come with me every time I work at HHP!

@Gret8888 Thanks for playing Mario Party with me. Even though neither one of us won in the end. lol

Gret8888

@MarioLover92
Ditto, GG. Sorry about not connecting again. Aaron ended up opening his island again to let more players talk to Celeste. No worries, we will play together soon.
G

Name: Gretchen
Island Name: Fanta$y
Hemisphere: Northern

Switch Friend Code: SW-8381-9750-1521

MarioVillager92

@Gret8888 You're good - I ended up talking to Celeste on Aaron's island and she gave me a new DIY. I made a ton of wishes there as well. I'm getting tired - I'll be going to bed soon. Take care.

BrittGOAL14

One more day of craziness and back to normal on Monday… Thanks for the gifts, I’ll be sure to return the favor when I have time.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I need some carrot seeds / carrots and a gym teacher jacket (blue, indigo and black color) with a whistle necklace.

Anti-Matter

reporterdavid

Finally found something I was looking for...
Untitled
Untitled

enjoying the update.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Anytime, glad I could help!

@Anti-Matter I sent you a few carrots. Didn't have any so I had to ask a friend of mine if they had any spares. Sorry it's not much - did what I could.

@reporterdavid Nice! I only got the castle gate. lol

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yeah you're welcome! You may want to plant them so they turn into carrot starts. That way you'll always have carrots on your island.

Mountain_Man

Curiously, villagers who have left your island and that you later encounter during a mystery tour don't seem to recognize you.

The Mountain Man

Sisilly_G

Is anybody familiar with the extent to which online visitors can interact with campsite visitors? Specifically, if visiting players can persuade campsite visitors to visit and/or move to their island.

Nintendo is currently offering another 7 day NSO trial and if I do play New Horizons, I’d like to give visitors their choice of campsite occupant via amiibo.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

reporterdavid

@MarioLover92 Ah, yes allready went to Harvey for the coloring part.

Untitled

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

MarioVillager92

@reporterdavid That's cool. They weren't the color you wanted, huh? Really thankful for Reese and Cyrus's co-op. Though, I'm pretty happy with the cool color schemes for the theme park rides. Makes them look retro!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic