Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,648

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

@Lroy I sent you an invite on Rocket League when I saw you come on. You were playing a seasons match. I had to turn it off a few minutes later though as my dinner was ready.

Yeah, I'm such a Noob at ROCKET LEAGUE. I'm mainly only playing against A.I in season mode. I wasn't quite sure how to accept as the text on the pop up screen is bloody lubriciously small. Also got an invite from another person on my friends list. Can you have multiple invites or do they cancel each other out? We'll play together sometime no doubt. Well, if you're willing to carry me in online matches that is ☺️

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

bluemage1989

@DashKappei

Hey there. I've sent you a friend request hopefully catch you for a few games of Mario Kart or Doom when were both on at the same time. By the way, and I've said this to a lot of people so sorry if everyone has heard it before, I would highly recommend Arms. When it was first revealed I thought yeah nice enough art style looks alright and that was it didn't really excite me until one day I picked it up on an impulse and have been thoroughly surprised. The gameplay is surprisingly accessible but with plenty of skill to be found at higher standards, there are some neat little extra modes (big fan of Vball) and the team have done a great job of keeping it updated. Couch multiplayer is spot on as well. I don't know what your home situation is but if you have a wife who isn't into gaming this (as I have seen others as well as myself say) can be a great game to help her get involved in your hobby and have a bit of fun gaming time together.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Lroy haha it probably won't be me either this is my first time really playing MK8D online (played a lot of MK8 on WiiU online though) as never was so into playing randoms but seeing the crowd on this thread has inspired me to get back into online and everyone isn't so random as we've all seen other commenting over NL and have a pretty good idea of what everyone's like.

bluemage1989

arty

hey guys, add me. looking for some non-high school kids to play with. i'm 22. ID number in signature. thanks!

arty

Edited on by arty

SW-2443-4813-0423

Eagle9

I don't like serious compete, i like to have fun in MK8. Just saying

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Bunkerneath

Just found out (even though she says she has told me this already, which I doubt) we are out for a meal tonight, so I won't be there for the start. Depends what time we get back in (and how much wine I've drunk)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

I don't like serious compete, i like to have fun in MK8. Just saying

Yep, that's the ethos we're going for. Playing for fun and getting extra value from our games. They cost enough cash after all, let's enjoy them πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

Bunkerneath wrote:

Just found out (even though she says she has told me this already, which I doubt) we are out for a meal tonight, so I won't be there for the start. Depends what time we get back in (and how much wine I've drunk)

Ha! Ha! No worries, maybe see you later on. Have a nice meal buddy.

Lroy

bluemage1989 wrote:

Won't be able to make it tonight as work just told us we are not finishing until late tonight and I won't be home until 3am UK time. Disappointed as was looking forward to it but I hope I can make it for the next one. Happy racing!!

Ok Fella. Hope work shift passes smoothly.

Benjoo

Hi guys. Something has come up. I too won't be able to make it. It's a shame cause I was really looking forward to it. Might try and catch some of you through the week for a few games. Enjoy. Again apologies.

Benjoo

Lroy

Benjoo wrote:

Hi guys. Something has come up. I too won't be able to make it. It's a shame cause I was really looking forward to it. Might try and catch some of you through the week for a few games. Enjoy. Again apologies.

Always a next time.

Lroy

[REVISED] Games Night! (Open to all) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE.

Confirmed to be Racing Tonight, Monday 19th March from 8PM Until Late GMT/UK:
@Lroy
@RetroGamerAndrew
@OorWullie
@Eagle9
@Meppi64
@Agent721
@Kodos

Maybe @bunkerneath if he isn't too drowsy from wine and food πŸ˜‰

Other possibles: @dashkappei @arthexavier - can't remember if you are in or out, lol!

Alas, we've had a few folk pull out of this evening and I have revised the list of players above. We still have enough of us to have some good fun. Plus we might get some more peeps come forward today and say they'd like to play with us.

I'll load up MK8 DELUXE and create a room for anyone to join from 8PM this evening. Suggest all taking part add my friend code and @oorwullie - that way they can join the room I create and if my Internet plays up for any reason, we can switch to @oorwullie as host. That okay buddy?

Be great to see as many people there as possible, even if you can't make 8pm. Jump in as the evening goes on. Cheers.

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

If we play some more battle mode, might I suggest some coin runners? Never played the mode before we tried it last time and it was the one that stood out for me as being the most fun.
Regular battle is fine as well of course, and if people want other modes, I'm perfectly fine with it as well.
Also I don't mind if the regular racing modes were more than 4 races. Don't really know how much you can customise that since I never hosted a game before.

Just went on a bit of a buying spree...
Since Warriors Orochi 4 was confirmed to be coming west this year, even though no systems were announced just yet, I figure that we won't be seeing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, originally from 2011) here anytime soon off at all. And certainly not in physical form, so I finally decided to import it from Japan, along with Battle Garegga Rev.2016 on SP4.
Then I pre-ordered One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition that comes out in May. As well as Flame in the Flood from superraregames, Hyrule Warriors, Shantae, Donkey Kong, Owlboy, Ys VIII Limited Edition and Wonder Boy.
Time to find a second job.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Yep, I'll try to remember to pick Coin Runners as part of the rotation.

As for making Grand Prix more than 4 races? Not a clue. Hosting for us the other night was my first time doing so, I'm as much in the dark as you, lol!

Edited on by Lroy

RetroGamerAndrew

meppi64 wrote:

Just went on a bit of a buying spree...
Since Warriors Orochi 4 was confirmed to be coming west this year, even though no systems were announced just yet, I figure that we won't be seeing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, originally from 2011) here anytime soon off at all. And certainly not in physical form, so I finally decided to import it from Japan, along with Battle Garegga Rev.2016 on SP4.
Then I pre-ordered One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition that comes out in May. As well as Flame in the Flood from superraregames, Hyrule Warriors, Shantae, Donkey Kong, Owlboy, Ys VIII Limited Edition and Wonder Boy.
Time to find a second job.

@meppi64
Man I feel your pain
I have to grab myself Owlboy, Shantae, Wonderboy too, all physical, already pre-ordered donkey Kong, passed on physical TFitF (because too much $) but digital is on my radar... but then again I'd also like to grab Darkest Dungeon Ancestral, Steam World Dig 2, and Gunvolt/Cave Story+ which have been left behind... The end is nigh and Tiny Barbarian DX have just arrived from USA. And let's not talk about digital releases: I have basically every roguelite/shooter in my wishlist waiting for the first sale to come... Ugh

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

meppi64

@RetroGamerAndrew
Yep, same here. lol
Already got The End is Nigh, Title Dew 2, Tiny Barbarian, Gunvolt and Cave Story thanks to Videogamesplus.ca since I didn't think they would be coming out in Europe in phycial form.
I'm looking at Base right now to see what's coming up that I want and it's way too much...
Street Fighter, Octopath Traveler, Darkest Dungeon, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, South Park, Fallen legion, Shining Resonance, Captain Toad, Victor Vran, Steamworld Dig, Flipping Death, God Wars, Dragon Quest Builders, still need to pick up Rocket League, Lost Spear, Skyrim, Nights of Azure 2, Fate Extella, Sonic Mania Plus and Battle Chasers.

And naturally, a bunch of digital only games. Still hoping for a physical Celeste release. And I want several Japanese only games as well...
This is way worse then when I was buying Vita games and had a hard time keeping up with the physical game releases when things went nuts with all the limited releases from various sites.
And we have an indie direct tomorrow and E3 is still to come. Oh boy...

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64
Ok, you've just reminded me of Street Fighter, Octopath Traveler, Rocket League and Sonic Mania Plus... :S
Oh and Celeste, I'm holding off for the physical version myself, going digital is not an option for that one.
I come from a Steam backlog of more than 2.5k games (95% bundled) thinking I would be safe here... how fool!

RetroGamerAndrew

meppi64

@RetroGamerAndrew
Soon, we'll be longing for the Nintendo days of old, where we could spend 3-4 months without having to worry about picking up a single game during summertime.

meppi64

RetroGamerAndrew

@meppi64
Yeah don't start me talking, I could play SMB3, Bionic Commando, Duck Tales or whatever game I had around for months before thinking about buying something new. And if I had an itch for something different, there was the good ol' Neo-Geo/CPS cabinet at the bar, where I'd play with my friends all day long. And the boards there changed once every few months...
Those were the days...

RetroGamerAndrew

meppi64

@RetroGamerAndrew
Those days certainly were special.
First thing that comes to mind is the summer where we played basically nothing but Waverace 64 and Mario Kart 64.

Or even earlier, where games didn't get judged like they do nowadays.
I clearly remember my friend getting Zelda II, which I didn't have, but I loved Zelda 1.
He loaned it to me and I played it for months on end once I got my own copy, and neither one of us even thought something along the lines of it being a weird game, or something that broke with the Zelda tradition, let alone seeing it as a black sheep compared to Zelda 1, like many have been trying to apply that stamp to it for the past 15 years or so.
Nowadays, every minute detail gets criticised ad nauseam to the point where it seems we don't get any games without mayor faults or something. Well, despite one or two chosen fanboy examples (cough, Bloodborne, cough) which are held up to be perfect, even though they are far from it as well.

That's one of the things I love about these couple small topics here. It's just about the games and how much fun we're having with then, not all the terrible burdens that seem to come with being a gamer in this modern age.

@Fake-E-Lee
It really is beyond crazy at this point and we're only one year in!
I go back and call the Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast my favourite systems ever, even though I love just about anything Sega and Nintendo have put out, and have everything playstation, a NeoGeo as well as a Pocket Colour and a PC-Engine as well as a Wonderswan for example.
But when I look at my list of games for them, I now have almost 260 Saturn games, with many of the Pal games in my collection also having their Japanese counterpart included since I started getting those for 60Hz reasons as well as loving the artwork and such. Dreamcast is up to 180 games, again, with quite a lot of doubles due to my collection being PAL+JP.
Now my physical Switch collection after one year is "only" at 30 games, but when I look at my overall library, I'm around 140 games already. This really is unprecedented, even for me.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic