Forums

Topic: 400gig card down to 52gig??

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

SwitchForce

I don't know about others but I thought I had space left to find out I had only 52gig of a 400gig card left? Now looks like I do need a 1tb sooner then later. And close to all my games are Physical with only download updates but this gotta be kidding me?

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

komodo182

What's on the card? Is it a real card or counterfeit?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

HobbitGamer

This is like the time I thought I had plenty of soda in my cup after sipping it all day. It turns out that I didn’t, because I had been sipping it all day.

...You should contact Nintendo about your eShop purchases because no one here can tell you what you should or shouldn’t delete. Anyone that tells you otherwise ‘is a troll’.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Trajan

Your card might be fake. Or you have taken too many videos. Even then, Switch videos are so heavily compressed so that would require a huge amount.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

1UP_MARIO

Contact Nintendo support.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Contact Nintendo support.

This person gets it...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

I don't know why people are telling you to contact Nintendo support. Just go into data management in the system setting and double check that the things saved actually add up to the numbers you are getting. If there is only like 200GB of stuff but you only have 52GB left then perhaps you have a bad card, or you have something else on the card taking up space.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

komodo182

If you didn't buy it directly from a store, it could be fake. My friend got a bunch of fake cards off ebay that don't hold half of what they should.

SwitchForce

Bought Amazon sandisk. I'll have to look through it again. Otherwise I'll take it out and do a check on my computer. Majority of my games are physical so only updates and DLC shouldn't take all that space. Last when I moved from my 250 to 400 - I had at least 200 remaining. Otherwise I might have to get rid of some Digital dowload or delete some pictures.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

CurryPowderKeg79

Heavyarms55 is right @SwitchForce Nintendo can't help you at all so don't waist your time there. And It's pretty simple to figure out like she/he said if you have a calculator . Just add up all your game saves, software, and pictures and videos. And then add the 10 or so gigs it takes to format the MicroSd. And if you had a fake MicroSd it wouldn't say you only have 52 gigs left. It would say something like you have 200gb left when in actuality you only have 52gb left. So the card says 200gb left but anything you try to download over 52gb would get corrupted.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

SwitchForce

I went through and delete some of the games wargroove and paladins were like about 20gigs each and I have to remove them but still I have to put the card into my computer and see what is the real space usage of the card.

SwitchForce

komodo182

Wargroove....20Gigs....?How?

SwitchForce

komodo182 wrote:

Wargroove....20Gigs....?How?

My guess is updates but I do need to plug the card to my computer to see whats taking up space.

SwitchForce

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.