Forums

Topic: 2018 Switch games

Posts 61 to 80 of 134

Aaron00

Don't forget about Fate Extella and Fire Emblem Warriors. I know they aren't "fighting" games, but they kinda feel like it if ya know what I mean. @NEStalgia

Aaron00

NaviAndMii

Oh, I totally agree - there wouldn't appear to be any pressing need for another fighter this year - if I had it my way, I'd have Nintendo call a few publishers and see if they can't get a half-decent first-person shooter ported over before Christmas to plug that little hole...and maybe port over a New Super Mario Bros. game so that they have a first-party 2D platformer on the system?

...I just have a feeling that various things are pointing to a 'Smash Deluxe' dropping in November - it'd be an easy sell, wouldn't require much build-up/promotion (hence no E3 reveal, allowing ARMS to take centre stage for now), wouldn't require too much effort to 'deluxify' (?!), would help shift a lot of amiibo for Christmas too - and, who knows, maybe it won't be the only 'deluxe port' we'll be getting before holiday season? It'd be a pretty easy way to further bulk out the Switch's library...

I'd be more than happy for Smash to come in 2018 - I just have a hunch that we might be seeing it a little sooner...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Aaron09 I dunno, just Reggie saying "I can tell you there's more (games) to be announced" has me wondering what they could be! - maybe he just means that they have a few more Nindies to announce? (no bad thing) ..but a part of me just wonders whether they have something a little bigger left up their sleeves??

Edited on by NaviAndMii

IceClimbers

November and December will likely be filled by Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors, as well as Skyrim as Nintendo is publishing it.

The unannounced games that Reggie is referring to are likely more indies and maybe an eShop title (Pushmo, Mario vs Donkey Kong, etc). I would not expect any major titles.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Fire Emblem Warriors is more likely to be September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Krull

It'll be Nindies. We have SteamWorld Dig 2, Stardew Valley, that (other) Wonder Boy redux - there are some really big games to come on Switch. I mean, I'm still waiting for flipping Cave Story+ in the EU, never mind Binding of Isaac... Regardless, there are some genuinely big titles to come that are not so-called AAA.

Maybe we'll get the localised DQ Heroes I and II too. I would really like to see that come west.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Doubt it. Pokken is already releasing in September, and that's when multiple 3rd party titles are also launching. While it's Japanese launch may be in September, for scheduling purposes the western launch is far more likely to be in November/December.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers The E3 trailer specifically says fall and given Odyssey is a much bigger threat to FE Warriors sales than Pokken and 3rd party games, September still makes the most sense. Winter/holiday is generally what November/December releases are categorized as. So like Xenoblade 2, that has a winter 2017 listing in the eshop so from that I'd expect Xenoblade 2 to launch in December.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aaron00

November still is fall. I'm sure FE warrior's sales will be fine a month after Mario releases. They appeal to two very different audiences. Besides, Mario will sell well all the way through next year. If anything, I could see it hurtting the sales of Pokken, or Pokken hurting the sales of it. @Grumblevolcano

Aaron00

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano The overlap between fall and holiday/winter is pretty significant. We all know that. FE Warriors will be completely fine launching in November (or even December if Xenoblade 2 is November). Way more so than launching in September when the Switch lineup is crowded.

Onaga

Any one getting UK xbc 2 game? I am

Onaga

Krull

@Onaga Yep, day one purchase for me. Or top of my Christmas list. One or the other.

Onaga

@Krillin_ are you getting UK xbc 2 or USA xbc 2? I want UK XBC 2, because voice actors British in XBC Wii. When XBCX Wii U had American voice actors, I was disappoint in it. It's important thing to me when I play XBC Wii.

Onaga

Aaron00

The US version of XC had British voice actors. I'm sure XBC2 will too @Onaga

Aaron00

NaviAndMii

@Krillin_ Oh totally! My Switch budget probably won't stretch too much further this year - so having the likes of Stardew Valley, The Escapists 2, Rocket League, Death Squared, SnipperClips, Fast RMX, RedOut and OverCooked as options to add some diversity and quality to my fledgling library at a snip of the price is most welcome...if there are more Nindie announcements to come, it'll mean more options for me

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Krull

@Onaga Oh, I'll definitely be getting the UK version of XC2 - as that's where I live! Voice acting isn't usually that important to me, anyway. Although I'm not averse to having the original Japanese vocals on some games with English subs.

Onaga

@Aaron09 Rex was the British sound one. He kind of sound like British, everyone else sounded American. I am greatly up set about that E3 trailer!

Onaga

Beedrill4Smash

I guess I'm really lucky. As I'm very excited for almost all of Nintendo's upcoming releases this year, and 2018 is also looking great for me. All of my favorite game franchises either already have, or are being developed for the Switch. Besides AC and Smash, but those are going to happen sooner or later.

The only thing i can think of that I really want is the revival of certain games. For example I would die if Nintendo announced Kirby Air Ride 2.

Beedrill4Smash

Onaga

@Beedrill4Smash that cool. I would love battalion wars 3 announcement. How much would you pay for Kirby air ride 2, max pay.would you pay $70 for Kirby air ride 2, how about $80?

Onaga

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.