Forums

Topic: (Rumour) Mass Effect Trilogy possibly coming in 2020?

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Varkster

Funny enough after the debacle on the Wii U (with EA releasing ME3 alone on the Switch for the same price as the trilogy which came at the same time on PS3 and X360) it seems there are rumors about a trilogy coming sometime in 2020.

The reason I feel this rumour holds water and that it might come to the Switch is the retweet from the user @muguwus on twitter, who has made basically perfect predictions so far regarding the directs and their dates. This guy was even featured in an article on this very site. Also, it really isn't farfetched to predict that EA is going to do a cheap port of one of their most successful RPGs, especially after the BioWare flops that are Anthem and ME: Andromeda.

Anyone would like to see these games revitalized on the Switch?

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

HobbitGamer

If the ME trilogy came to Switch, with all DLC, you’d never see me on the forums again. I’d be too busy. That and the Fallout franchise were my go to games on Xbox 360/1

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

Where's this rumour coming from exactly?

I'd buy it instantly. The Mass Effect trilogy was the best thing that happened in the 7th gen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

A current gen remaster of these games has been rumored to be coming for 5 years now. Has popped up on retailer sites and been "leaked" numerous times over the years. I honestly don't think it's coming as much as I would like it to. Add to the fact that EA has really only done 1 remaster this entire generation and it seems unlikely.

@Dezzy I saw "insider" Marcus Sellars tweet it out a month or so ago that may be where it originated but that dude is wrong much more than he's right.

redd214

GrailUK

I have a bad feeling about this...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

bellow

Fabulous trilogy. Would snap them up day1

bellow

Banjo-

Last generation I only had Wii and DS. I have heard very good things about these games and they are backwards compatible on Xbox One but I am hoping that the trilogy is remade for the current consoles. I think that it makes sense commercially and it's also a way to improve the franchise's current reputation, so I don't know what they are waiting for.

Banjo-

sartorious23

Sounds crazy. These games ARE huge. Then again, nothing would stop me from getting my hands on such collection.

sartorious23

BOGNA

great

BOGNA

shaman7207

If it's true it will be fantastic!

shaman7207

PALversusNTSC

instant buy!!!!!

best game ever in terms of story, strong caracters,gameplay and last but not least, replay value.

i honostly think never something similair will come along.

Edited on by PALversusNTSC

PALversusNTSC

GrailUK

EA does not support the Switch. (Surprised you haven't twigged.) As much as I would like ME on the console...I wouldn't hold your breath for a single EA game ever going forward aside from a cynical Fifa effort. They don't give a monkeys about fans, just their shareholders.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Heavyarms55

Well this rumor is apparently 3 months old and this is the first I noticed it. But if it does happen, the ME Trilogy with all the DLC on Switch would be the one game(s) I'd be willing to actually give EA money for.

They can keep Andromeda, but I would play the heck out of the ME Trilogy on Switch!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ryu_Niiyama

The series hasn't aged well for me at all but I would double dip to have on the go. Maybe I would actually finish 3.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dpullam

This would make me insanely happy. I haven't played those games in a long time, and I have so many great memories feom all the incredible moments in the games. Bioware was definitely on top of their game back then.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Banjo-

Any news about this?

Banjo-

Heavyarms55

@BlueOcean Well EA announced a few games for Switch and none of them were ME so I'm guessing it's not coming. Which sucks because ME is about the only thing I want from EA.

But disappointment from EA is expected at this point.

Banjo-

@Heavyarms55 But I mean, for any platform, not just Switch? A remastered trilogy was rumoured.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Heavyarms55

@BlueOcean I don't follow Sony or MS nearly as much since going back to PS4 feels like such a massive downgrade from Switch. But I've not heard anything about ME coming to next gen or current gen in any new fashion. And given how loved the ME Trilogy is, especially ME2, I feel like it would be all over the internet if it were announced.

But rumors are always flying every which way. Throw enough crap at the wall and eventually something will stick - then for some reason, people will believe you more because you guessed right about something else... #internetlogic

Banjo-

@Heavyarms55 I have heard so many times about the trilogy being remastered that for a moment I forgot if it has been confirmed or not. I guess that EA hasn't confirmed anything yet 😅.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic