Forums

Topic: project natal (kinect): $150

Posts 41 to 60 of 104

ASDFGHJKL

Kinect? Was it too hard just to call it Kinetic? Kinetic sounds better and more relevant than Kinect.

ASDFGHJKL

turtlelink

I was actually hoping this would turn out good, but Kinect is just weird!
But they said the same thing with Wii

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

BrazCanaMan

Wii = We
Kinect = Connect
It's a play on words... not the best one though.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

WolfRamHeart

Yeah, the name sounds pretty lame to me. I guess I am already used to the Natal name. I think Microsoft was going for a play on the words kinetic and connect. A few games have been announced so far but nothing that makes me want to spend money on that thing. Oh well, I guess we'll be hearing more about it tomorrow at the official Microsoft E3 press conference.

EDIT: Regarding the name, I believe that Microsoft also has a phone called the Kin One and Kin Two. Not sure if there will be any connection between the two products but probably not.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

turtlelink

A bit off topic but when they announced the name Wii as oppose to the Revolution, i actually liked it better at first (and today).

TurtleLink's backloggery

The_Fox

Hmmm....I think I preferred Natal over Kinect. That might just be because I've been hearing it for so long, though.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

shingi_70

the games for kinect leaked by usa today were
joyride
MTV dance central
kinectmials
kinect sports
kinect adventures
A Disney game (not sure if its epic mickey)
A Star Wars game (not sure if its FU2)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

turtlelink

shingi_70 wrote:

joyride must be a racing game
MTV dance central must be a dancing game
kinectmials might be a game evolving animals of some sort or something random
kinect sports Something similar to Wii Sports
kinect adventures Might be that obstacle game they where talking about
A Disney game (not sure if its epic mickey)

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery

Ravage

This sounds incredibly terrible, yay |(

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

shingi_70

Ravage wrote:

I think joyride, and the disney ,starwars games might be good. Remember that if you name certian tittles on the wii it sounds terrible.
I hear RaRe might have some E3 suprises on thier twitter they've been teasing banjo, battletoads, and kameo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

grenworthshero

linux99 wrote:

mnementh wrote:

romulux wrote:

sony move deserves to crash and burn for being the heartless rip off that it is, but i hope microsoft sees at least some success from this; they tried. it's just the thing seems to get more and more impractical the more we know about it.

couldn't agree more.

Yeah, I agree!

I couldn't disagree more. This sounds like a bunch of Nintendo fanboyism to me. We don't know what PlayStation Move has to offer until its unveiling, and, really, how could you not copy Nintendo in some fashion? Sony did make an attempt to be original, but there are only so many ways you make a motion controller. Yeah, Microsoft is probably the more creative of the two in this instance, but Sony is still trying to separate itself from Nintendo's thing.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AlexSays

Yes because Nintendo was the first to use a motion controller.

I agree with Gren. A lot of Nintendo fans are just upset cause Sony also has something resembling a remote.

Personally I'd like all control schemes to do well, so there are great unique games produced across all systems, but with the fanboyism on this site I'm definitely in the minority opinion.

AlexSays

Sylverstone

Well, being serious:

I think that name aside, it looks to be the third-best thing to hear at E3 next to the 3DS and Zelda Wii (IMHO).

Sony also have to step up their strategy with the Move or else it could be a repeat of last E3 or possibly worse:
(Sony @ E3 2006 anyone?)

I think that it will have some sort of success, it just depends on how it can actually work with gamers, both core and casual.

And being very serious, I really enjoyed the Project Natal name while it lasted, it just stuck in my head, unlike the PlayStation Motion Controller (now Move.... seriously, Arc sounded more interesting.)

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Sylverstone

turtlelink wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

joyride must be a racing game
MTV dance central must be a dancing game
kinectmials might be a game evolving animals of some sort or something random
kinect sports Something similar to Wii Sports
kinect adventures Might be that obstacle game they where talking about
A Disney game (not sure if its epic mickey) better not be ~ Sylverstone

So where the hell is the Milo game?

Edited on by Sylverstone

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Ravage

shingi_70 wrote:

Ravage wrote:

I think joyride, and the disney ,starwars games might be good. Remember that if you name certian tittles on the wii it sounds terrible.
I hear RaRe might have some E3 suprises on thier twitter they've been teasing banjo, battletoads, and kameo.

I wasn't talking about the names, but half those games are going to be a "dance" fest, just like waggle-fests on the Wii. Add a steep price tag, and you've got one very uninterested customer, not that I thought it was anything worthwhile in the first place...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Adam

Oh man, I wanted the Activator so bad. I completely forgot about that.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

romulux

AlexSays wrote:

I agree with Gren. A lot of Nintendo fans are just upset cause Sony also has something resembling a remote.

it doesn't just resemble the wiimote, it duplicates it (along with the nunchuck). sony used different technology but in the end created the exact same controller setup to be used the exact same way; in other words, they took a different path to the same place and i find it hard to respect the end result because of it. they can talk as much as they want about the improved accuracy and more sophisticated technology, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a wii remote clone. (besides, how much room is there for improvement over motion that's already 1:1?)

kinect is more original but... "kinect sports?" sony and microsoft don't even care how openly they're copying nintendo. do you really want to applaud companies for making these types of decisions? why shouldn't you complain when companies show a total lack of vision, especially when you buy your systems and games from them? if i were a sony fan i know i'd be upset that they didn't try an alternate route to come up with something brand new.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.