Forums

Topic: What video game(s) (if any) scared you when you were little?

Posts 101 to 120 of 136

Kid_A

I was definitely afraid of the OoT Zombies, not to mention the Like-Likes, which are still disgusting and horrifying to me to this day.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

ThePirateCaptain

I still get creeped out going to Moon Mountain Pass is Star Fox Adventures, the music fits the eerie setting quite well.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

MasterChordles

Thread bump.
Anyways, Boating in the Wind Waker scared the heck out of me, and it was all because of those giant squids. Those things just jumped out at you if you didn't know where they were, and I could never seem to beat them. Thunder and lightning started and the music got really ominous. Then when I was told seagulls stayed near them, I freaked every time seagulls flew by.
Animal crossing also scared me. How you ask? Well freaking resetti! He yells at you, looks menacing, and even threatens to reset your game file. That scared me enough to never restart and give up the game for a good two years.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

Jaz007

All I can rember right now is the Zombies in Civ 4: Beyond the Sword. They were kind of scary back when I played it, and really scary when night came for that day, I didn't play that scenario for a long time after that. I believe it was called the scenario was called "Afterworld."
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Mickey

That one level in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves where you play as Dimitri and you're swimming and you have to fight sharks. The sharks scared me.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

NavySpheal

The Brain Age dude's giant floating head.

In all seriousness, I couldn't play Luigi's Mansion without the lights on.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

CM30

Super Mario 64, because that piano just creeped me the hell out. Indeed, I arguably still can't go anywhere near it when playing that game or its remakes.

Ocarina of Time too, because Redeads just creeped me out. And they've continued to unnerve me even to this day. Heck, even the Wind Waker versions were a bit creepy, and it was even worse with that Action Replay aided incident that occurred when I played it once (that caused me to end up getting attacked by one in a far more sudden way than usual).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

NewbieOrNah

Resident Evil on the PS1 and Nightmare Creatures on N64

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

crazycrazydave

Majora's Mask scared me a lot, especially the aliens when you need to defend Romani Ranch. Hilariously enough, they don't actually attack Link at all, unlike nearly every monster in the game. A lot of talk about Redeads, they bothered me in Ocarina of Time until Majora's Mask where you get the Captain's hat.

Also, Pinky demons from Doom and fiends from Quake. Oddly enough, played Heretic and Hexen, wasn't scared of either of them for the most part (except Iron Liches in Heretic).

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

GamecubeMan

Mario Party 4 use to scare me whenever some one landed on a bowser space.
In Super Mario Sunshine that one mission when you face that giant string ray, that gave me nightmares as a child. Than again Sirena Beach in general was pretty creepy. ._.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

MikeDanger

Splatterhouse on the genesis, don't remember which one but I just couldn't take it back then, also that Jurrasic Park genesis game, still creeps me out even oday and i'm 22

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Itsa

I dunno if it's really considered a video game, but the RUN option in Game Boy Camera.

Untitled
Usually pressing it brings up a picture saying "YOU ARE NOW CROSSING THE BORDER" with happy music, but sometimes instead, this happens.
Untitled
Untitled

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

RedYoshi999

Redeads in Ocarina and Majora's Mask still terrify me today. I always hate running through Castle Town when you're an adult. I try and play the Sun's Song as soon as I could then make a break for it lol. Like-likes are really creepy too. And most of Majora's Mask gave me nightmares when I was young (Ikana Canyon was horrible) Anytime I can hear a redead nearby I instantly get paranoid. Also, the Wall Masters(?) in OOT were horrible too.

In Twilight Princess, I was scared of the Shadow Beasts (their scream, the horrid music)

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Happy_Mask

I'm surprised by all the people who played MM that say redeads.
Untitled
How is one even scared of this?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

RedYoshi999

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'm surprised by all the people who played MM that say redeads.
Untitled
How is one even scared of this?

That redead is doing Gangnam Style before it was even invented! I'm more terrified than ever.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

TsunamiSensei

Morphtorok wrote:

Untitled

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Whopper744

I'm sure this has been mentioned but the dead hand in OOT was pretty creepy in my opinion. It didn't keep me up at night necessarily but it was still a little nerve racking at like, 8 for me.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Klimbatize

When I was a kid that jump in World 8-1 in Super Mario Bros. where two long jumps are separated by only a single block space. Terrifying for an 8 year old.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

MrWalkieTalkie

I could never walk into the Playstation section when I was little without being absolutely terrified of the Twisted Metal covers!
Untitled
I suppose that's another reason why I only played Nintendo 64...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Sleepingmudkip

majora mask(i cryed and never finished the game...(still afraid to play twilight princess)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.