Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,990

M00se

ocarina, majoras mask, mario RPG and paper mario. breath of fire 2 is a GREAT RPG! um mario 3, donkey kong counrty 1 and 2. i dont even know what the ? is just trhowing crap out there

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

skyerunner23

Well its almost time that i get a little extra money and seince i have to wait for news on a new Zelda game i was wondering if i should get Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks. Can anyone help me?

psn: Skyerunner

CanisWolfred

^Dude, get Spirit Tracks. It's better and it's cheaper, so long as you get it online.

Hey, I need a little help choosing a Birthday gift for myself. I was thinking of getting one of the following:

• Command & Conquer 4 - C&C4 has a nice pre-order Bonus that I'd want, and I'm a fan of the series, but I've heard some negative things about it.
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Supreme Commander 2 looks good, and I've always wanted to play the original. It's cheaper and there's a demo, so that might sway my descision.
  • Starcraft Anthology - Starcraft is old, but the demo was fantastic. Plus, if I get it, I have a chance of getting into the closed beta of Starcraft II.
  • Bio Shock - I've always wanted to play Bioshock, but I keep putting it off, and now there's even a sequel. Should I still get it?
  • Vvvvvv - The Vvvvvv demo was simply amazing, and it was one of the best platformers I've played in a long time. It's cheap, so should I go for it?
  • Resident Evil 5 - I was extremely impressed with the demo of Resident Evil 5, and now that the new DLC is coming out, I think it now might be a good time to check it out
  • Street Fighter 4 - I really really really want to play Street Fighter 4, but I'll have to wait until April before I can get it. Should I bite, or should I wait just a little longer?
  • BlazBlue - BlazBlue is cheap and it looks very good, but I'm not as big a fan of weapon-based fighters as I am of hand to hand fighters. But I do want to support developers of such crazy games.
  • Raiden IV - I love Shooters, and Raiden IV looks top-notch. Plus, new games of this genre don't come often and get rare really quick. However, I have yet to beat Raiden III. Should I get it anyways?
  • Final Fantasy XIII - I was thinking of Getting FF13 for my bro, then playing it when he's done with it. Of course, that one'll be very risky.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - And I really would like to play Persona 4, but I'm already getting an SMT game, and they are really long. Two at once would probably be a bad idea. But when has that ever stopped me?
  • Fallout 3 - I've been wanting play it for a while now, and I'd like to get the Game of the Year Edition, but I can't afford it at the moment. Would I be fine with the regular edition, or should I save my money for the "complete package"?
  • Burnout Paradise - I recently retried the demo, and I enjoyd it a lot more this time around. I'm thinking I'll put in for it, since it's cheap, but at the same time I think I should wait until I'm done with Burnout 3 before I plunge into another racer.
  • Supreme Commander Gold

As you can see, this is kind of a long list. I'd really appreciate your help in wittling it down.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KnucklesSonic8

Knock out Burnout Paradise only because you should probably finish Burnout 3 first.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

CanisWolfred

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Knock out Burnout Paradise only because you should probably finish Burnout 3 first.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've barely touched Burnout 3 anyways, and I can tell it's a really long game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KnucklesSonic8

Same ruling could apply to Raiden.

KnucklesSonic8

TheKingOfTown

"What game should I get?"
I got a Points Card for my birthday. My fav genre is fighting. And I pretty much like all of the genres too. As long as they are good games, I'll get them. So what should I get?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

KnucklesSonic8

Smash Bros. 64?

What other games besides Fighting do you like? Were yo looking towards more WiiWare or VC?

KnucklesSonic8

CanisWolfred

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

I got a Points Card for my birthday. My fav genre is fighting. And I pretty much like all of the genres too. As long as they are good games, I'll get them. So what should I get?

Samurai Shodown 2 and Super Street Fighter 2. No reason not to own these.

Hah! Recommending Super Smash Bros. as a "great fighting game"! Hilarious!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FonistofCruxis

1. Rayman advance or dsiware? I asked this on the onm forums and someone said advance but after saying the masses of complaints to nintendolife's negative review of the dsiware version and the praise it got on this site from the users I wasn't sure.

2. resident evil 0 and resident evil on gamecube or wii? I'm not sure which to get because I heard that the wii controls weren't that good.

BL_Donth

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Thanks, now I just need a reply for my RE question.

The Gamecube versions are harder to find but they are cheaper than the Wii versions so if you can find the GC versions, get those.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

CanisWolfred

mariofanatic128 wrote:

1. Rayman advance or dsiware? I asked this on the onm forums and someone said advance but after saying the masses of complaints to nintendolife's negative review of the dsiware version and the praise it got on this site from the users I wasn't sure.

2. resident evil 0 and resident evil on gamecube or wii? I'm not sure which to get because I heard that the wii controls weren't that good.

Rayman Advance, don't have to worry about any stupid camera gimmicks, and you can get two games in one if you get the Rayman Advance/Rayman 3 double pack.

Get REmake on the Cube, and RE0 on the Wii(it's really rare on the Cube).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheKingOfTown

Mickeymac wrote:

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

Hmmmm... I dunno. I guess I only like the newer fighting games. Y'know, like SSBB and Tekken. But, another one of my favorites are platformers. (I'm pretty just about everyone likes platformers)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

V8_Ninja

I'm wondering about getting Aquaria. Any recommendations/warnings for the game? The demo I played for the game was good, but it was very slow and easy.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Mik

I'd say always look at aggregate review 'sites along with gameplay footage [from Youtube]. It's the best way to judge, and is the pretty much the only way I buy games. (I generally get games which appeal to me and have received a score higher or equal to 80 on Metacritic)

"Life is a like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes"

CanisWolfred

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

Hmmmm... I dunno. I guess I only like the newer fighting games. Y'know, like SSBB and Tekken. But, another one of my favorites are platformers. (I'm pretty just about everyone likes platformers)

Then why did you ask for VC games? Unless you thought there were some Wiiware fighters(there aren't, unfortunately).
What is it that you don't like about older fighters? Because there are some newer disc-based ones that I can easily for you.

As for straight platformers, if you don't mind an easy game, I'd suggest DoReMi Fantasy: A DokiDoki Adventure. Otherwise I'd recommend Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. If you don't mind a more action-focused Platformer, I can name, like, 20 different games that I think you outta get. And if you want more adventure Focused platformers, there's always Super Metroid, Blaster Master or Blaster Master Overdrive, and any of the later Wonder Boy games.

...basically, if you're looking for platformers, you pretty much hit the jackpot. The issue isn't trying to find good ones. It's trying to choose which ones to get that's the problem.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic