Forums

Topic: This website redesign!

Posts 161 to 180 of 213

whodatninja

Tiny nitpick: I wish the comments on articles were on the left side of the page, instead of the right. The old layout had them on the left side, why the pointless flip around?

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

yokokazuo

Don't know if it's just a weird glitch right now, but the drop down menu won't open when I'm in the forums. It seems to work when I'm in the main page at least.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

veeflames

@yokokazuo: It's random for me. Sometimes it's my old avatar and then sometimes it's my new avatar (which is supposed to be a GIF avatar lol). As of this post it's my new avatar, so... :/

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

SCRAPPER392

I'm guessing it's HTML 5? It ran like crap a while back, for like a week or 2. Hopefully more sites start running in HTML5.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Rumorlife

Waluigi wrote:

@yokokazuo Yeah my avatar is still my old one in the corner, not sure why.

It's an old problem. When I changed mine to this one, it showed my old one everywhere except forum posts or comments for like a week and a half.

Rumorlife

MasterWario

So it doesn't matter too much but you can have negative notifications if you click the X's fast enough. lol

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Ryu_Niiyama

Are animated gifs no logger allowed for profile avatars?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

DefHalan

Don't know if this is because of the redesign, but I still haven't seen this week's eShop update for US. Did I just miss the article or has it not gone up yet?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

I doesn't seem to be up yet.

It can take a while, it has happened before.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

I doesn't seem to be up yet.

It can take a while, it has happened before.

That is what I thought, just wasn't sure if I missed it because of the redesign

EDIT: There it is lol

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

@DefHalan

It seems as if clicking our faces now works to close the sidebar.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Eel

Yup, it does.

Which means I was right all along!

Edit: it's not just the avatar though, clicking anywhere on the header of the menu (except for your own username) now closes it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DELETE_ACCOUNT

Am I missing the option somewhere to view the old format? I do not like the new look at all and if I can't revert or if the view isn't changed back to more text, article style and less mosaic looking, I will stop coming here. I'm only posting this because I used to like nintendolife. I already have stopped using it. Maybe I'm just too old, but I don't like this windows 8 style.

DELETE_ACCOUNT

LaserdiscGal

Samurairu wrote:

Am I missing the option somewhere to view the old format? I do not like the new look at all and if I can't revert or if the view isn't changed back to more text, article style and less mosaic looking, I will stop coming here. I'm only posting this because I used to like nintendolife. I already have stopped using it. Maybe I'm just too old, but I don't like this windows 8 style.

If you already stopped using it why are you complaining?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

MasterWario

I think the biggest issue I'm having is you can't go to your watched topics from the forum page...funny how the little things irk me the most

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Spoony_Tech

@MasterWario: On the mobile I click on Forums and watched topics pops right up. I'm not having any issues with that.

I've gotten use to the mobile side of things and think it's actually better then the PC version. Sure I still like the old way better but a year from now we won't even remember it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

I hadn't been on here for over a month, then I come back to find the place with a new and very welcome lick of paint!

Personally speaking, after changing the tiles interface to the (preferably) better list view, it is a hundred times more pleasant to glance and use than the cranky old website.

Only niggle would be the banner/bar on the top coming into view when you scroll up. It takes up a fair amount of the screen (when it abruptly appears) on my iPhone, although it isn't quite as bad when you use an iPad.

Once that is sorted, I shall be a rather content chap.

😊

Peek-a-boo

Rexcalibr

I like the old version better, and my avatar stopped working on this style.

Rexcalibr

LaserdiscGal

@Rexcalibr
I hope you don't mind, but I tried to fix it for you. I'm not sure if that 's the exact gif you were using, but it's what showed up when I googled the image.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

Peek-a-boo

@Waluigi: I only just realised that it is you who is the guy behind all these changes!

I just wish to say that I really like this redesign, and I hope that those who say that the old look is 'better' just because their avatars no longer work are not negatively bothering you for something extremely trivial...

I would like to ask if the banner/bar that reappears as you scroll back up the page is something you purposely set out to do? The only other websites I sometimes visit that does this are the likes of Mashable and The Verge.

Peek-a-boo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.