Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,421 to 64,440 of 68,635

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@blindsquarel congrats now enjoy fall break

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

It’s Donkey kong December

blindsquarel

@Eagly
Sadly I have to do three days next week. Or more accurately I get to do a weeks worth of work in three days because online teachers don’t understand that we have life’s.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@blindsquarel sorry nothing is worse than out of touch teachers.

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Kermit1Pineapple

Not to brag. One of the perks of being a home-schooler is having really long summer and winter breaks and if the teacher's (in my case mother's) alarm clock doesn't go off you get a day free and end up sleeping till noon which kinda sucks.

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Having lazy teachers is also awesome. I once went to a school that required homework every night. One of our teachers was too lazy to give teach us or give us homework so they gave us 1 Homework problem a night made all our tests multiple 70%. Everyone in the class legally passed and thats how Pre calc and college algebra become blow off classes and I was fully prepared for Calculus with a real teacher the next year.

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Anti-Matter

There is a Nintendo live streaming today.
Here is the link.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Sunsy

More late responses. Loving how the Super Mario movie trailer looks so far watched it multiple times already. So that makes Super Mario Bros. Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and Trolls 3 as must see movies for me next year. Also, Super Mario Bros is coming out on my birthday.

Keveseunie wrote:

@Sunsy
And thanks to you as well. I'm sure we'll be talking about animated movies again in the near future.

You're welcome, hope to do so soon.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy The benefit of making things from scratch IMO are that you know exactly what's going into the result. Though I can't deny that box mixes save a LOT of time. XD I just made a batch of brownies and refrigerated them for this weekend since I won't have time between now and then to deal with them.
Winter 2014 was cold as well as snowy. That's why the first big snow stuck around for so long. The roads were bad enough (I lived in a rural area then) that it wasn't safe to travel without much of anything except tractors and other heavy equipment. We had one or two big snows last winter, but nothing on the scale it seems you received. I take it you're closer to the Northeast or East Coast, which did seem to get more than its fair share of the white stuff.

Defintely, you see what goes into it. Nice!

Yeah, I live in the northeast, so the weather here is a bit random, but usually really cold winters lead to snow. I still remember having so much snow one year, there was a mountain in a parking lot. I remember the day the storm happened too, I was home playing Doom 3 on my PC, and got through the game in one go being stuck at home. Some winters there isn't much snow, or no snow at times.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Oh yeah absolutely, though I think it kind of makes sense because home game consoles were pretty much at their infancy. Before Nintendo invented the modern controller with the NES.

Ah wow, really? That's an interesting choice for a game for a dentist's office to have. I don't recall seeing any consoles in those kind of places, just TV shows and things like that.

Ah really, that's understandable. I mostly go on YouTube to watch entertaining stuff, but I've seen some videos that are like that as well. I hope so too - I've heard of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but I don't recall seeing it. How did you two like it?

Yeah, especially since the D-Pad is something that's on every controller, on consoles as well as PC controllers (pro controller on Switch. )

Yeah, at the time, I went to a kids' dentist, and they have video games setup in kiosks, as well as a Game Boy for those sitting in the chair too. Guess to ease kids into the dentist trip. I do remember trying F-Zero X there.

Yeah, that's why I'm more critical over stuff like paid online on consoles (like NSO) and DRM stuff, I feel stuff like that does more harm to gaming, as oppose to getting mad over someone liking a game I didn't like or something. Entertainment is usually subjective. With the case of movies, people just like different things. I mostly watch entertaining stuff on YouTube, cartoon videos and clips from their official channel (shout out to Smurfs Official, they post full episodes of the classic 80's show), and gaming content. We both loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks, we're both surprised we never saw it.

Eel wrote:

Honestly, the adult toy they released for the adult happy meal is cheap junk with a designer name attached to it.
At least the kids meals come with functional cheap junk.

Eh, I prefer the toys in the regular Happy Meals, at least sometimes they have characters I like. Last time I got Tails, before that I got Poppy from Trolls.

Little fun fact, at least here in the US, you can buy the toy by itself. Did this plenty of times when I wanted my usual order, or didn't want to eat McDonalds but still wanted the toy (I very rarely eat it).

Fizza wrote:

Well, after seeing everyone else get into the Halloween spirit, I may as well toss my witch's hat into the ring as well with perhaps the most Halloween character I've ever seen. Trust me: if you've played a certain duology, you know.

Sadly Trolls doesn't have a Halloween special, and the Halloween book just uses movie renders, so um, have Poppy offering gumdrops, lol. The treat part of Halloween.

While I'm not into realistic horror, I do enjoy Halloween specials and Halloween themed stuff with my favorite characters. I don't mind zombie games like House of the Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, some anime that may be on the scarier side. School Live comes to mind... that first episode fooled me.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Eel

@Sunsy here in Mexico the current toy for the kids meal is those little Beanie Boo plushies, and I actually really like them. I might buy one next week when I visit my brother. (We don’t have any McDonalds where I live)

Sometimes they allow you to buy the toy by itself, but here it seems to depend on the restaurant and/or the person behind the counter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquarel

@Kermit1
That would be nice. I think my mom would go insane if she had to deal with me as a student.

Keveseunie

I'm going insane here guys.

I told y'all yesterday that I cancelled the order for the TV because their delivery service was letting me down 3 days in a row, right? Well, turns out the other store I ordered it from is using the same company to deliver goods. And what do you know, once again my order isn't being delivered today as promised.

This is getting ridiculous. Four days I've been cancelling my plans to stay home in case the delivery comes through. Four freaking days. And still I'm being left in the cold. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Fizza

@Keveseunie Oof, that sucks. I've had similar things happen to me with stuff like clothes and books but having to wait this long for a TV is ridiculous. Which store is it that you've ordered this from? I could try sleuthing around the website to see if there's any protective measures for this kind of thing.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Keveseunie

@Fizza
I ordered it from Bol.com, it's very similar to Amazon where different online stores can sell their products.
I sent them an email with my complaints and asked for my money back. Hopefully they'll comply.

This has been a very good reminder of why I very rarely order something online.
If I get my money back, I'm going to a physical store and buy the TV there. I don't care if I have to pay €300 more.

Edited on by Keveseunie

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Grumblevolcano

@Keveseunie I stopped buying stuff online in 2016 but had to restart in 2020 because of the pandemic. Some of the experiences I've had since reminded me why I don't like buying stuff online like it was so much easier to just return to a physical store if an item was faulty.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kermit1Pineapple

@blindsquarel My Mom goes insane with me and my younget Brother. I'm downstairs and he stays upstairs, because nothing get's done when we are in the same room.

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

#TeamSlime

Keveseunie

@Grumblevolcano
Yeah, this is the first time I've ordered something online since the height of the pandemic.

I too prefer to buy things in physical stores. This time though, I was seduced by a much lower price online and the ease of it being delivered at home considering it's a very large and heavy package and because I don't have transport myself.

I regret doing so. It'd have been easier to ask someone to help me with it for an hour and drive to a store instead.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Eel

I would recommend to maybe temper expectations and use the dates they give you as an estimate instead of a promise.

Give them some time before cancelling. By cancelling too soon after missing their date, you’re making everyone involved lose time, including yourself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

Before Covid I really enjoyed going to the gym. But between that, changing jobs and moving to permanent working from home, exercise really fell out of my lifestyle.

It has all really started catching up to me lately. I look at the absolute state of myself in the mirror and it makes me miserable. And if it is affecting my mental health, it iis deffo affecting my physical health.

I decided to buy myself an exercise bike. The exercise bike was mostly just a warmup or cool down machine in the gym, I would have preferred a treadmill, but it just wasn't practical in my current situation. My friend recommended me a YouTube channel which does like spin style classes, I guess. I had never done anything like that before so had no real expectation, but it absolutely destroyed me in the best possible way. I am so glad to know this exercise bike can absolutely kick my ass. I really wanna try and get myself back to a similar weight and fitness level I was at going into the pandemic.

I also got myself some weights too, but not today. Maybe tomorrow. Definitely going to find a baby's first weights session on YouTube though.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Nothing.
PS5 Games currently playing: GOW Ragnarok. Spider-Man Remastered.
Switch Games currently playing: Pokemon Scarlet and Tactics Ogre

Kermit1Pineapple

Chuggaaconroy seems to be counting down to something on his Community tab on YouTube. Hopefully it's a new Let's Play, I hope it's a short one, he's been doing a lot of long ones recently-ish.

#TeamSlime

Tyranexx

@blindsquarel Calf roping huh? Are you into rodeo? The problem with my knee is that it's very sensitive to crazy weather changes and if I've been on it for several hours at a time. I have reinjured it before when I tried introducing jogging too fast. Progressing more gradually has worked better. I'm very careful on downward inclines since I think that was what triggered an accident before. I couldn't do much for a week after that.

@Sunsy I'm on the lower Midwest, so our weather is a little warmer but still all over the place at times lol. Winters can range from mild to snowy to very cold. The last few haven't been bad. In fact, last December was freakishly warmer than average. I feel like it snowed more when I was a kid however. We'd always pray for snow days so we wouldn't have to go to school, play in the white stuff, and eat snow ice cream. XD

Currently playing: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

blindsquarel

@Tyranexx
My whole family does rodeo, or has done it in the past. My parents did it in high school and now me, my brother, and my sister all do it. Luckily my siblings haven’t had as much problems with injuries as I have. Honestly most of my motivation to lose weight is to avoid another knee injury.

@Kermit1
Hopefully he does another Zelda one. I’ve rewatched his phantom hourglass let’s play more than I would like to admit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic