Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,381 to 29,400 of 96,504

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee was going to do a little grilling today but weather did not permit. We had some severe storms and it's probabaly coming your way now

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Sorry mods, I just couldn’t resist.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer NOW what have you done?

@Morpheel Question: would you prefer/like to play Farming Simulator 17 with a controller?
If so, then look no further than the absolutely brilliant Xpadder, a small, configurable and highly user-friendly program that allows you to assign keyboard keys to a joypad, or to simply make custom key-mappings for games that don't support or allow it. As a user myself, I can highly recommend it to any PC gamer that doesn't like keyboard and/or mouse controls.

You can find it here: http://www.download82.com/get/download/windows/xpadder/
It's Shareware, but a license is added with the download, so you can immediately register to get the full version. Although the free version works just fine as well.

Xpadder supports Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 controllers by default, and you can download templates (called "controller images") for other controllers as well:
https://xpadder.com/forum4/viewforum.php?f=144

And here, you can find pre-designed game profiles for dozens of games:
https://xpadder.com/forum4/viewforum.php?f=9
These are mostly for very popular games, but I've personally found it a lot quicker to just use one of these, rename it to assign it to whatever game I want to use it for, and then change any buttons if needed.

Here's a tutorial video that explains the initial setup:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Well I mean, it's supposed to be fully compatible by default. But for some reason my SN30pro doesn't really register once in gameplay?

It does awknoledge there's a controller. It just insists on using the keyboard and mouse layout when I try to use this particular one.

I think I'll just start using my extra xbox one controller as a dedicated pc controller instead... Once I get back home.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel That's also what this program is good for: it basically forces any and all programs to use the key-mapping that you've made with it, regardless of the fact that the program doesn't support controllers, or doesn't support specific controllers, so you could basically even control Windows with it, although that would be pretty awkward...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

It could be interesting to complement the touchpad with a controller. I’ll check it out later.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Hilarious. We just got back home from an out of town Memorial Day party (where it rained the entire time), and it appears it just got done raining here. We even have a tornado warning until 10:00. It’s supposed to rain all week. It’ll probably be June before I grill, which is sad. I use lump hardwood, so I need an extra 30 minutes, compared to gas, to get a good bed of coals to cook. That has kept me from slipping in a quick grill session between storms.

Guinness is a great beer for boiling brats. It gets them kind of sticky and caramelized. I don’t like cooking raw bratwurst on the grill. The casing burns before the meat fully cooks. A beer boil first is the only way in my book. Then you just put a char on them and look like a hero when you end up with a plate of perfectly cooked bratwurst.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I see what you did. I actually knew where to look before I found your post because I held back earlier today. Hilarious. Your last line is a really strong finish. Now go troll somewhere else you obviously trolling troll.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

Hey guys I just had a thought (weird for me, I know). If Mario Maker 2 doesn't support Amiibo, like some people suspect, do you think that might signal Nintendo's intent to let the Amiibo line fade?

I've felt for a while now that they and their partners have been reluctant to have Amiibo functionality in games. With, when it is there at all, it feels like something of an afterthought or a tack on at the last minute.

I am still bummed we never got something like Mii-Plaza for Amiibo. I like Amiibo, I have a ton of them and am content collecting, but it is always cool when I can do something more with my collectibles.

I am also still shocked that Pokemon never did Pokemon Amiibo cards of any sort. I mean, Animal Crossing did, so why not Pokemon? I suspect it is because of how they got burned on the e-reader for GBA back in the day.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea it got pretty rough out here. Tornado warnings and touch downs about 10 miles West of me. Today i had to improvise. Pan fry the brats ( yea i had brats two days in a row 😁) in tecate..hahaha of all beers. It was an odd pairing but did the job nonetheless. After they were pan fried I actually broiled them for 5 minutes to get that char look. Still pretty decent. For The burgers, wrapped them in foil and baked them. Ended up being pretty juicy. Hope you had a nice time at your party and enjoyed some good grub!

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Teehee
Sucks ya couldn’t grill. Half my kebabs turned out great, the other batch cooked 3/4 when I ran out of propane. I’ll toss them in the skillet with some rice tomorrow.

@Heavyarms55 I’d enjoy something like the amiibo puzzle game that was on WiiU/DS. (btw, folks were saying to contact Nintendo because that’s generally a specific user’s response.)

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Better be sure to bookmark page 1540, then. You know how fast pages can add up in this thread sometimes...

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer love kebobs...thats typically my go to for 4th of July. I do pork and chicken (souvlaki as I call it, being Greek and all 😀) make my own tzatziki sauce, get some pitas and crumbled feta. I'm not best American I guess making greek food on the most american of holidays hahahah

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You're Greek? I love Greek food. Even the simplest things are tasteful, like a good feta salad, or a souvlaki pita, but I like most of the other famous dishes as well. Moussaka, anyone?
And I simply LOVE the country, it's ancient culture and history, and above all, it's beautiful and thought provoking mythology. Been there three times: once to the main land, once to Crete, and once to Rhodos. Had a great time on all three holidays that I spent there.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Brats two days in a row?!? That sounds... delicious! Are we the same person?

Edit - One of the most memorable meals of my life was at a Greek restaurant in Chicago. Herb crusted halibut. It was probably 15 years ago, and I remember every bite.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX it is pretty tough to find bad Greek food, at least where i live. Just had moussaka last week along with dolmades! Usually around the holidays I make some pastitsio home made. Takes all day but well worth it. Never been to Greece tho 😭

Edit: I'm half Italian too though so I usually eat some good food either way for gatherings

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I think you both may have some German roots in you, if you love bratwurst so much...

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee ah yes Greek town I assume. You can never go wrong no matter what restaurant you go to there

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Do you still have family there, like I have in the States?
If so, then that's an additional excuse to definitely go there some day and visit your country of origin,
even though you yourself may not have been born there.

Forgot another two things I liked to eat: keftedes and gyros.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I do. One side of my family is very German/Irish, a common mix here. My mom’s father immigrated from Belgium as a child, so that culture stayed pretty strong, and became a part of my life as well. My great grandparents spoke Flemish.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic