Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 28,521 to 28,540 of 29,385

Vinny

pineapple pizza flavored green iced tea

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NintendoByNature

I'll accept your answer but know I'm not too happy with it 😉

NintendoByNature

AlohaPizzaJack

Vinny wrote:

pineapple pizza flavored green iced tea

I’ve informed Jack of this development. He approves.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Ugh...Google picked a bad week to shut down one of their old chart APIs. I spent my whole afternoon researching what was up (markers weren't showing up) and trying to code a workaround for two of our Google map algorithms. It's mostly finished, but there are still a few kinks to work out.

To be fair, they did announce this particular API was being discontinued some time ago. We normally catch this stuff fairly quickly, but this code was pretty custom in order to create different colored markers for different subsets of data. I mostly had to do an image swap and still need to change how some of the back-end logic handles all of that.

Yay legacy applications! Fist pump I'm actually enjoying messing around with the new stuff, but I had to quit for the day. I'm mentally baked lol.

Video Corner: The Terrible Truth About Smash Bros.
Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Undead_terror

There is a splatoon 2 special demo thingy out now, comes with 7 days of Nintendo online, but I can't use it because I got a year paid for....CAN'T STACK, so here is a code for anyone.
C02VCPR2LNFS6NSY

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@Morrow (I figured we were way off topic on that page so I'm pulling the conversation over here to the chit-chat thread) Lol, my boss is pretty chill, but the main reason is just that I'm an ALT(assistant language teacher) in Japan, and its the end of the school year here. A third of the students have already finished and the rest just have club activities - which I have no involvement in but my contract says "school day, I go to work" even if there is no class.

Also my Japanese conveniently degrades when there is something I don't want to deal with. hehe. Joking aside I offer to help with other responsibilities pretty regularly, not my fault they either don't want the help or have too much pride to accept it. I stop offering to help when you say no every time. Contract says I am there, I teach English when there is a class and help with miscellaneous duties as requested. I do that, so they can't complain. XD

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

AlohaPizzaJack

@Tyranexx But did you first try turning it off, then on again? The whole google?

Yeah that sucks. Our IT head doesn’t always send me patch notes whenever there’s updates to our EMR software; One patch completely changed which sql data table was used for something. Took me a week to figure where it went.

@Heavyarms55 Yes, the wonderful “Other duties as assigned”.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@AlohaPizzaJack Oh, the way you say that sounds like you are familiar with the program.

Feel free to add me

AlohaPizzaJack

@Heavyarms55 Oh, but yes. I'm in the administration arm of my agency. But whenever routine audit commitees are coming, I'm also moving furniture, planting flowers, pruning bushes, setting up welcome areas, auditing clinical documents, etc.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 Seriously, does Japan ever actually accept foreigners for anything other than English teachers? That's pretty much the only profession I ever hear of foreigners ever actually being there for.

NEStalgia

Daloblast

I still haven't had time for that Splatoon 2 demo thing yet, I don't have splatoon so this might convince me

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I have run into a good few business people.

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@AlohaPizzaJack Haha... Sounds right! Well at least its variety, right?

Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

Btw, who have ever play Pokemon HeartGold / SoulSilver Japan version ?
How did you deal with All Hiragana and Katakana words that's actually easy to read but take time to understand the words ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

I completely forgot there was a Nindie Direct today. The Cuphead announcement was a nice surprise; I still need to play that game.

@AlohaPizzaJack: The changes are mostly finished now. I came in early so that we can hopefully have the patched code go through testing this afternoon. I'm really close, but one of the two map programs that's a little more custom is giving me fits with how it's loading stuff.

Currently playing: Bravely Second: End Layer, any platformer on the SNES Classic

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Is fried rice with mayo a thing in Japan? And I mean frying the mayo with the rice. I saw it somewhere I think, and I just made it and it's pretty good.

@Anti-Matter I did; I own a Japanese copy of HG. But I don't speak Japanese, so don't ask me lol.

Octane

AlohaPizzaJack

@Tyranexx Did you have that one pull to specific named variables instead of startswith or islike type evaluations or something?

13 outdated lines in the code,
13 outdated lines;
Patch the holes, compile and post;
837 outdated lines in the code!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

@AlohaPizzaJack: There's logic in the main program/language that governs what icon image name to tie a data subset to that I've changed around. Then everything is written to a .htm file (all HTML with a healthy dose of JavaScript) that allows the data to be viewed offline in the app or directly from a browser window.

Before, it was referencing an old Google charts image API for the paddle markers that was officially unplugged this past Monday. The new images are still through Google (such as this) and are somewhat of a fit to what we were doing before. Of course this opens us up to a similar problem in the future, but we consider this more reliable than using an alternative image source online. The app is legacy anyway and is slowly but surely being replaced by a web app, so this is more or less a patch until this part of the program is eventually replaced.

Basically, what we're doing is allowing two or more subsets of data to be displayed at once. For example, say Ted and Tim both have a mail route. They want to meet for lunch and are trying to figure out the closest places and times to where their routes will converge. One route shows Ted's stops, the other shows Tim's in a different color.

AlohaPizzaJack

@Tyranexx Oh, ok! I gotchya. So the target for the image selection essentially wasn't there anymore when the API shut down. At least that's not to terribly intensive, since it sounds like the data routing didn't change, it just simply ignored that whole instruction. Hey, only pineapple pizza is future-proof.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic