Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,781 to 21,800 of 96,542

SuperLuigi111

Fooligan wrote:

I went with the family to go see Christopher Robin. You know how there is always that really loud family/group in every theater? Well, that was my family last night.

Good movie though.

SuperLuigi111

HobbitGamer

Got the last Prime artifact. Now to go save at my ship then do real world tasks for awhile. Trash, yard, bathe animals, fold laundry.... shooting Ridley sounds much more exciting. Oh, and fixing a faucet.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SuperLuigi111

Bought Super Mario 64 DS for Wii U virtual console. Wii U is perfect for DS games. I turned on Texture smoothing so it looks a little better. Do have to admit I wish they would release another updated version to fix a few problems I have:

-graphics need anti-aliasing. So pixellated. Hard to appreciate the vastly improved textures and polygons from the original version.
-do have to admit I wish they would get rid of the run button and just make it play like normal.
-True analog. It feels so much better playing this on the Wii U but still is not true analog.
-Wish they would bring back caps instead of the power flowers, and the switches too. I miss the switches, they were a lot of fun.

At the end of the day, I get why people don't like this version, there are definitely things I prefer in the original. But I love being able to play as Luigi so much, he is so powerful in this game. And I enjoy some of the new stars in the game. And Luigi's bossfight to unlock Wario is epic.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

@Enigminator
Was my first, and still is the best one I've ever played. I was so disappointed that a game of that scale never came out again aside from a few obscure titles.

@Fooligan
There was a guy who was high as a kite who kept laughing loudly at inappropriate moments and shouting things at the screen during Avengers Infinity War opening night. I was ready to punch his lights out.

SuperLuigi111

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

I haven't actually seen a rafflesia in any of my towns.

Not even after ignoring them for 6-7 months.

I didn't pull the weeds & set the town with Beautiful Town ordinance since the duty for Recycle Town was just Only to regenerate Dreamy villagers to be send out to my certain towns as chosen villagers, i let the town turn Piggy & messy until i oftenly saw Rafflesia flower LOL.

Once my Recycle town didn't have any Dreamy villagers to be send out, i deleted the Recycle Town & start the process from beginning again. If i felt enough with my Dreamy villagers, i can free to not touching my Recycle town anymore (My digital download of ACNL = Recycle Town)

Anti-Matter

ogo79

just came back from the super mega hyper chinese buffet.
i got some fried shrimp because those are good.
they didnt have any lemons for the fried shrimp. they only had limes.
they only had limes because lemons are "too expensive" these days compared to limes.
and i sure in the hell wasnt gonna use pineapple juice.
for the price of this buffet they should be able to afford lemons.
i asked for the manager. he seemed hesitant to deal with me. i wonder why...
"look pal, ive been here over a million times and you know this so, whats the deal with the lemons?"
he said something in a language i dont understand and came back with a bowl of limes.
thats about all it took to piss me off.
i grabbed him by his face and body slammed him on the floor and put my knee against his throat.
hes calling for help by now im assuming but i cant understand the language hes speaking.
"we seem to be experiencing a language barrier" i tell him calmly.
i grabbed two whole limes and cram them in his mouth.
hes mumbling something alright.
"we seem to be experiencing a language barrier again but this time its because yer mouth is shoved full of fruits"
i tried to give him a chance...
"what is the hardest boots to obtain in castlevania harmony of despair"
i even give him choices because im a nice guy.
"it is the slick boots, mercury boots, or winged boots?"
again with the mumbling language barrier.
i figured i cant understand him because his pie hole is full of limes.
i punched him in the stomach and the limes shot out of his mouth and landed in some chocolate pudding.
"yeah no one eats the damn pudding anyways. its probably the same batch that was here two weeks ago when i was."
"so you dont know anything about lemons or more importantly castlevania boots."
the limes he had in the bowl were cut in quarters already. i grabbed a few that had fell on the floor because of his little accident and squeezed the limes in his eyes.
hes on the floor choking and crying.
he must be from this snowflake generation ive been hearing about. what a real wimp.
"those better be tears of joy buddy"
everyone in the restaurant is watching. they are watching his lack of castlevania boot knowledge.
"well...it appears hes not too fond of limes either doesnt it folks?"
"im getting as much use out of these limes as you are"
"time to take a little trip"
i ask him one last question.
"what is a man?"
hes too busy with his lime juice eyeball deal to answer me.
i drag him through the back of the restaurant and next to a dumpster.
i tell him "a miserable little pile of secrets!" as i pick him up and toss him into it, slam the lid and lock it.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ogo79 aaaand that made my day.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

Yeh that was fun -bravo-

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

SuperLuigi111 wrote:

Fooligan wrote:

I went with the family to go see Christopher Robin. You know how there is always that really loud family/group in every theater? Well, that was my family last night.

Good movie though.

Glad to know. I've been debating about seeing it. I was majorly into Winnie the Pooh as a kid; I watched the animated show on Saturdays and had a lot of the movies at one point.

...I think I've read the original book too, but that was a LOOOOONG time ago.

Can Ogo come and drive the China Buffet here out of business? They're nothing compared to the takeout place downtown. And Panda.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish It also doesn’t win any points with the Party by sharing honey with everyone

#MudStrongs

Vinny

"Mondays are the best" - reverse Garfield, who also believes lasagna is evil.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

I’ve not even noticed folks posting pictures.
Reverse Garfield is right. Got to work and agency’s network and phones are all down. And IT is nowhere in sight. I brought my switch. EDIT: Apparently they didn't turn the battery back ups on after installing a generator this weekend. So I did. Amazing, that.

I'm still gonna play my switch instead. But I now need Everspace in my life.

Edit again: I just ran an errand and on the way back to the office a horrible grinding noise came from the front driver's side wheel on my pickup. So that's lovely. I'm going to have to tear down the wheel and figure out what the heck is going on. hopefully it's nothing more than a stuck caliper needing fresh grease.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

So basically do what people here do? "Why is the Italian man afraid of mushrooms?"

Good news, I did some digging and found out that there was a service bulletin in early '99 for my pickup. Apparently the caliper bolt strips out the steering knuckle and then the caliper can jostle and fall to rest on the rotor, hence the horrible noises this morning. After 45 minutes, I found a shop in town that has what I need, with everything costing under $34. Now I get to remove my wheel down to the knuckle, drill out the hole, install heli coils, and put everything back together after work this evening. In humid 95 degree weather.

#MudStrongs

CanisWolfred

Oh God, watching the latest Jimquisition right now, and apparently the IGN reviewer who plagairized that one Dead Cells review from a fairly obscure Youtube channel had a habit of pulling that crap, even before he joined IGN, including a NintendoLife review, as Kotaku pointed out: https://kotaku.com/former-ign-reviewer-responds-to-plagiarism...

(I know there's a good chance this was already put into a news article on this site somewhere, but I haven't actually read a news article here since 2014, and I don't intend to change that any time soon)

As if IGN didn't have enough bad press and reasons for gamers in the know to steer clear of them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HobbitGamer

I didn't even know IGN still existed. I think the last time I accessed that site was in the late 90's

#MudStrongs

CanisWolfred

HobbitGamer wrote:

I didn't even know IGN still existed.

I mean, I'd like to believe this, but their name still gets put on a lot of game boxes....wait, am I the only one who still looks over and analyzes their game boxes before they put the game in? O_o

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HobbitGamer

You very well could be. I stopped caring about boxes once instruction booklets went away and the insides of cases no longer smelled of happiness.

#MudStrongs

Vinny

Watching some Band of Brothers.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic