Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,721 to 21,740 of 96,590

HobbitGamer

No, that's bad for NiCad. Here's something from TechRepublic
EDIT: What Octane said.

"3: Allow partial discharges and avoid full ones (usually)
Unlike NiCad batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not have a charge memory. That means deep-discharge cycles are not required. In fact, it's better for the battery to use partial-discharge cycles.

There is one exception. Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device's power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated."

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-ext...

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DannyBoi

@Octane So is it bad to drain then? Like could you explain more.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

HobbitGamer

@Octane TL;DR 'Nothing gold can stay, Ponyboy'

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@DannyBoi In theory it is. But you cannot drain you battery completely, because it prevents you from doing so. The system shuts off before that happens. It's kinda like how the fuel gauge in your car works. Even though it tells you that the tank is empty, meaning you're likely to refuel your car ASAP, it actually doesn't mean it's completely empty. It tells you it's empty before it actually is, to prevent it from completely running dry. If that makes any sense. In the same way the battery indicator on your Switch doesn't reflect the actual charge left in the system. When it's ''empty'' and it shuts off, there's still a little bit of charge left.

Anyway, TL;DR, don't worry about it. If it runs out of battery, it's not an issue. Your battery is degrading anyway, how much you use it doesn't really affect it.

Octane

ogo79

Yosheel wrote:

It's like the shady wristwatch salesman that walks up to you in the park and opens his trenchcoat

when i do things like that theres usually no wristwatch in sight

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

DannyBoi

@Octane Yeah, get you man. I think Nintendo couldhave gone with a better low battery warning though. They copied Android devices with the 15% and 5% warning.

Octane

@DannyBoi What do you mean exactly? The point is, you don't have to worry about ruining your battery by letting the Switch run out of battery.

Octane

DannyBoi

@Octane Well, Android devices such as a Samsung Galaxy note will give you a lowbattery warning at 15% and another at 5%. Seems strange the Switch woulduse it even though it isn't a tablet.

Octane

@DannyBoi Sure... but your point being? I'm sorry, I don't think I follow you. So the Switch warns you when the battery is low, what's the problem with that?

Octane

HobbitGamer

Yeah, Apple devices and Bluetooth headsets and Fit Bits and wireless mice and keyboards and wireless controllers. They all do a low battery warning. Not all those are tablets. Its not a new thing. guess you mean the switch should just cut off without warning like the old gameboy?

#MudStrongs

DannyBoi

@HobbitGamer So how many devices have a 15% low battery warning then?

Eel

Most fancy enough to be able to notify you.

Anyway, don't let it fool you. Your switch is a tablet. A fancy, restrictive trablet.

Stilll- chances are the main reason it notifies you you're about to run out of battery is because they don't want you to lose progress in whatever you're playing.

Same as the DS. And the 3DS. And the game boy. Etc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DannyBoi

@Yosheel How is it a tablet?

SuperLuigi111

Link-Hero wrote:

After trying out the demo, I can 100% confirm that Monster Hunter is just not for me. I've attempted other games in the series before on Wii and Wii U in the past, but my thoughts were just same back then as they are now. The biggest gripes for me are the controls. The game doesn't always do what I want it to do, and when it does, it feels sluggish. Aiming ranged weapons isn't much better as not only it's slow, it feels really oddly restrictive.

This is just another series I can ignore while everyone else enjoys them.

I haven't tried any of the games, but I've seen a lot of footage and they don't seem up my alley either.

Edited on by SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

Vinny

I sure do enjoy ingesting food and drinking water, fellow humans.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SuperLuigi111

Vinny wrote:

I say, here here old chap.

SuperLuigi111

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

Mario 64 on DS? Sometimes it's just better to pretend some games don't exist

I'm gonna have to agree with this one. I got maybe...three, five stars total on the DS version? I wasn't fond of it at all. My problem was partially the controls, but I also wasn't too fond of the hat system or playing exclusively as Yoshi in general (audience gasps). I know that you can unlock the other characters later on, but I just couldn't stick with it that long. The minigames also seemed a bit stale since I had played NSMB before getting it and hadn't realized they shared minigames.

I played the N64 version on the VC a couple months ago. It's not perfect as it has some control issues of its own (To the DS game's credit, the camera controls were a bit better, and Mario felt like he was coated in hot butter at some points), but I still found that I enjoyed it a lot better despite all the blockiness.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

Vinny wrote:

Sounds like something a synth would say!

#MudStrongs

SuperLuigi111

Why was Sonic Lost World so bad? These things keep me up at night.

SuperLuigi111

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic