Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,541 to 21,560 of 96,542

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
I used 3rd character, talked to everyone but only Once to Tad (after that i ignored him completely). I got Tad from Amiibo card after i get rid Rod, but Tad never want to leave, even just "Blink" at me.

I had ever hit Tad with net with my 1st character but it seems he still didn't want to move out.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

I am under the impression that Amiibo card characters don’t really move out on their own

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel
Actually my Tad from Amiibo card was the 10th villager after Rod moved out. The New villager that replaced old one tends to stay forever unless there is someone move out. So, since i have multiple towns, i found another strategy, but i have to sacrifice 1 villager from my 1st town move out, then i invite another villager from different town to be 10th villager. By doing so, i hope Tad wants to Move out since i have let the other villager move out. If Tad sucessfully move out, i can use another town to regenerate a villager that i had sent out to return on my 1st town.
Well.... kinda complicated, but i had tried my best to get rid Tad without buying another Amiibo card.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Octane wrote:

@HobbitGamer Metroid or Amazon?

Well, Metroid. But I might start seeing what LPs I can scare up at antique stores then sell them on Amazon to fund ones I want. The Inkspots album I grabbed for $1.50 apparently goes for $15 on there.

@Anti-Matter Down with Tad! He sounds like a jerk. Hope he’s not an echo fighter in Smash!

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I bought a little box of peanut m&ms.

It had been a while since I had m&ms this good. I guess they must be from a recent batch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

I like candies in a little box (like the theatre, but affordable) more than the typical bag.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

It's pretty American, putting candy in cardboard boxes.

We have a dollar store-style shop here that gets these boxed candies. I quite like it.

They got M&Ms now, which is nice because their chocolate is usually sub-par.

Maybe one day they'll get Cracker Jack boxes, I love those.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

DannyBoi

Has anyone here changed their mind on the online service? I am not getting a subscription. I get the feeling that it is going tobe half baked, plus I think it is bad that there are only going tobe nes games avaliable and no snes gamecube or gameboy games. This talk about chocolate though:)...

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
We haven't know much about Paid Online Service.
I believe Nintendo will bring more than NES games.
Better wait and see.

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

I'll pay for it anyway because I really like to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 online (there are others but I don't enjoy them as much), anything else will be a bonus for me. I don't really care for NES games so hopefully we get SNES or GBA games in the future.

...Gamecube games would be worth more than the price of online to me, but it seems unlikely

Kimyonaakuma

HobbitGamer

Mmmm Cracker Jacks. I’ll be getting a sub, because I’ll be getting SSBU. And I don’t mind the price.

#MudStrongs

SheldonRandoms

@HobbitGamer @Tyranexx You have to go to the "beyond" section at bed bath and beyond, but now thinking about it, I think all copies of Let's GO Pikachu & Eevee are being recalled to be reworked into Let's GO Lucario versions.

Also yesterday at said event, managed to capture 11 shiny eevees! The eevee forces thought they could hide, however, when ya got dat aura Pokemon on your side, it's quite easy to fish them out. Thankfully, said event continues later today, will capture MOAR shiny eevees to use as a way to make Chun-Li a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultima-I mean, uhhhh, will just turn all eevees into candy.

Also, will probably get the switch online service to play Ice Climber co-op online!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

Welp. So I decided it was a good idea to open up my 2DS to clean the screen (it's full of tiny dust specs that basically make it impossible to play under any sort of external light).

I wasn't able to remove all the screws on the motherboard, the last one decided it wasn't having any of it. But as I was putting it back together I noticed I had somehow ripped the camera ribbon cable. Not completely, but the damage was severe enough.

Now the camera doesn't work. And anything that tries to use it crashes.

The good thing is I bought a Link edition 2DS last year that has been sleeping in it's box since then. So I can transfer to that.

The bad news is this is a transparent blue 2DS and I love it. I'll definitely have to get it fixed some day but... For now... It will be in cryogenic stasis. Inside the Link 2DS box.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

DannyBoi

Anyone know the capacity of the Nintendo Switch battery? I mean the battery life, not mah.

Kimyonaakuma

@DannyBoi Battery life can vary a lot depending on the game. A Warriors game might only last a couple of hours for me but Sonic Mania lasts ages...

Kimyonaakuma

DannyBoi

@Kimyonaakuma Yeah, likeLego City Undercover lasts about 4hr26minutes, yet games that are not demanding last 2hrs30minutes. I can't understand the big difference in battery life.

Vinny

@Yosheel
Something bad happened to one of my systems as well today. My Vita stopped charging. I think it's the cable, but it could be the propriety cable socket. That would be really bad as I don't know where I could repair it where I live.

Sigh... I've been really invested in it recently.
Gotta play my 3DS or my Wii instead now.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Welp. So I decided it was a good idea to open up my 2DS to clean the screen (it's full of tiny dust specs that basically make it impossible to play under any sort of external light).

I wasn't able to remove all the screws on the motherboard, the last one decided it wasn't having any of it. But as I was putting it back together I noticed I had somehow ripped the camera ribbon cable. Not completely, but the damage was severe enough.

Now the camera doesn't work. And anything that tries to use it crashes.

The good thing is I bought a Link edition 2DS last year that has been sleeping in it's box since then. So I can transfer to that.

The bad news is this is a transparent blue 2DS and I love it. I'll definitely have to get it fixed some day but... For now... It will be in cryogenic stasis. Inside the Link 2DS box.

Props to you for even trying. I hate having to open up working electronics since I'm paranoid that I'll inevitably screw something up. I was walking on tacks just replacing the battery in my old 3DS last year (I was mostly afraid of striping, which wasn't severe thankfully).

The Switch online subscription currently wouldn't do me any favors since I don't own one yet. Even so, I'm unsure if it would offer enough (at least at launch) for me to jump on board. I rarely play games online these days, and as a whole I have most of the NES games that I would be interested in on the VC.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kimyonaakuma

@DannyBoi I think it's just because some games use more resources than others. A online 3D game would need a lot more power than a 2D platformer for example.

Personally I think it's mostly to do with the GPU, they're well known for needing lots of power and games which take full advantage of it drain much faster. I guess that's the problem with console-level graphics on a portable system

Kimyonaakuma

Eel

@Tyranexx I may buy a replacement piece and try to fix it myself. It's the first time I actually break anything while thinkering with a console...

It shouldn't be too hard... If I don't break it again...

Edit: bought the piece off eBay. Should be here soon enough. In three months or so....

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic