Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,701 to 96,719 of 96,719

rough-machine01

I have something I need to get off my chest:

I’m aro.

💚🌸🤍🌸🖤

Yousef-

@Anti-Matter wrong, leveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

RetroAchievements username: Yousef777

Link: https://retroachievements.org/user/Yousef777

MarioVillager92

Oh dude... something scary happened to me. When I turned on my PC, it was super laggy when it shouldn't be. I did look it up and it did say that the first thing I should do is restart, which I did. But after the "restarting..." screen, the black screen showed up as usual, except it stayed there indefinitely. It didn't actually restart! I had to hold down the power button for like 5 seconds, wait 10 more seconds afterward, and turned the PC back on. It's been behaving better now, thankfully. If it helps to know, I'm using Windows 11.

@Tyranexx Oh that's cool, yeah the games just didn't interest me for some reason. I did play a little bit of one of the Dance Dance Revolution games though. It was pretty fun, though I only did the easy songs, lol.

Brawl is a decent game, but it's not really one of my favorites. Mainly because of how slow it felt, and I didn't like the assist trophies. (I didn't really care for them in Smash 4 and Ultimate, either.) There's this dumb "tripping" thing that happens on occasion, too... who thought that would be fun? I'm not too crazy into its art style either, where it's all super-realistic and everything. Just... doesn't fit Nintendo's universes in my eyes. The online wasn't very good, either. I know it's a popular opinion, but I had more fun with Melee, personally.

Just a fair warning, there's gonna be a bit of a rant coming up.

There's one stage in Brawl that I have a personal hatred for, too... and that's one of the Pokemon stages. I forgot the name of it (I'm not a big Pokemon fan), but it's the one where Dialga and Palkia appear in the center at times. Every time Palkia shows up, the screen turns upside down, which can really screw me up big time! Heck, it even shows up in a Poke Ball, at least in the newer games, and yep, that jerk makes the screen upside down that way too!!! What were they thinking?! It's even worse than the blooper in Mario Kart! At least with that, you can still kind of see where you're going.

OK... I'm done blowing off steam now. lol

I like Kirby's Dream Land 2 more as well. The original Kirby's Dream Land definitely has its place since it was the first Kirby game, though it's pretty simplistic without the copy abilities. So I like the other games more. I like the atmosphere in TTYD's chapter 4 as well. I know on the Switch, there's Dragon Quest XI, along with the remakes of DQ I, II, and III. The ones on the other Nintendo systems probably got price spiked, since the 3DS and Wii U eShops have been done since last year.

Gotcha, yeah most people I've seen aren't really into Nintendo games, outside of Pokemon and Smash Bros. At least, they aren't as huge into them as I am, lol. I think most of my family's not into gaming, either. My mom's not much of a gamer, but she does love Animal Crossing. My dad used to be huge into the NES and SNES - his SNES got me into games in the first place - but also not much of a gamer nowadays. My brother, and some of my cousins, do like games, so I can play with them! That's cool you almost 100%'d Touched. I don't think I have Twisted anymore, which does suck... it's a victim of high retro game prices. I did hear Move It is supposed to be pretty good. I might get it at some point, but I think I want to play more of Get It Together before I do.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Pastellioli

Thought I’d pop in and say hello 👋

How are you all? Do any of you have any games you are looking forward to in the future and plan on buying? There have been plenty of video game showcases recently, and I thought I’d ask since there have been a few announcements for new games and brand new trailers for upcoming games we’ve already known about.

For me, I’d say maybe the Perfect Dark reboot that’s coming to Xbox. They announced that a few years ago and held a fantastic showcase earlier today that finally showed gameplay for it. In my opinion, it looked really cool despite me having not made any progress in the original game. It’s convincing me to play the original games more actually! There was also a shooter game in the showcase that has a really appealing art style that somewhat interested me as well.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Currently playing: Rare Replay

Playing soon: Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Yousef-

@Pastellioli
Hell0, I’m doing fine. And yeah, I’d say there’s some games I look forward to. I feel LEGO Horizon is gonna be my jam. I was quite happy with the Lego movie, so it’s cool seeing its sense of humor and style of animation still carried over into the main games.

Doom: The Dark Ages’ trailer looked quite stellar. I do hope it runs ok on my steam deck haha. That will be fun to test.

And yeah, the xbox IPs look like they’ll be fun. I enjoyed my limited time with perfect dark on rare replay and golden eye. So I think I’ll enjoy the new perfect dark, and Fable looks pretty cool too.

Pastellioli

@Yousef- I absolutely love games that are comedic and humorous! Hearing that the new Lego Horizons game is being released on the Switch was a real shocker, and if I did still have one, I’d probably enjoy it if I did ever buy it.

The Xbox games were so cool to see during the showcase live, and chatting with others on the Pure Xbox chat room just made my experience all the more fun. I’m hoping that Perfect Dark delivers upon release! It’s going to be fun playing some newer games, since I tend to replay older games I’ve already completed because most modern releases tend to not appeal to me.

Viva happy!

Currently playing: Rare Replay

Playing soon: Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Yousef-

@Pastellioli Indeed, friend. I’ll likely dust off my Xbox series if the occasion calls for it. I can’t wait. I do also relate to playing a lot of older games. So much of my time is spent on ps2 these days. I keep giving new games a chance but they can be quite the hit or miss haha.

roy913

Do you play role-playing video games? How do you feel about your psychological wellbeing?

We are looking for volunteers
to take part in a research study
about the effects of role-
playing video games on aspects
of psychological wellbeing.

This research forms part of an MSc Psychological Sciences degree at Brunel University London and involves answering a short questionnaire regarding how playing role-playing video games, such as Diablo and Final Fantasy, may affect your psychological wellbeing. The questionnaire will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

This study has been approved by the College of Health, Medicine and Life Science Research Ethics Committee and will take place between 29th May 2024 and 5th August 2024.

Your participation in this research is entirely voluntary, anonymous, and confidential, and you can withdraw at any point without having to give a reason. We are sorry we can’t offer any payment or rewards!

Still interested?

All participants must:

Be a video game player who plays role-playing games on any devices
Be at least 18 years of age

If your answer is ‘yes’ to the above questions and you would like to take part, please click this link https://brunellifesc.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2l6qlNPGCwA... for more information.

For any questions, please contact the researcher, Chung Yee Conroy Chan via [email protected].

Thank you!

roy913

Yousef-

@roy913 thank you for sharing. This was a lot of fun to fill out.

roy913

@Yousef- thanks for your support!

When I was a kid, all adults criticized me for playing video games (during the era of FC, SFC and PS1). However, they never understand how I have made friends, learnt computer knowledge and even found my self-comfort from it.

Thankfully, more research in recent years showed the benefits of video gaming. Hopefully, more research can show how we can make use of video gaming for the betterment of our everyday life.

roy913

Anti-Matter

@roy913
I got introduced by RPG games from FF VIII on PS1 during year 1998 when I was grade 9 student.
My siblings played FF VIII first then I played FF VIII too after I understand the gameplay of FF VIII.
I also played FF IX, FF X, FF X-2 , FF XII during 2000's era.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 Regarding your computer: It's hard to say what's up with it other than probably some sort of hiccup. More than likely software related, but I wouldn't rule out hardware either. This stuff can happen on rare occasion and usually isn't concerning. However, if it becomes more frequent, you should probably look into getting it repaired somewhere (or, if the hardware is old, buying a new device). Windows 11 is the newest OS, but I know some Windows 10 machines were eligible for an upgrade.

I can't really comment much on Super Smash Bros. Brawl since I haven't played the game, but the game's speed and tripping are some common complaints I've read about the title. I suspect the online was very limited too if it was P2P like many other Nintendo titles were at the time period. That Brawl stage you dislike sounds challenging. As a Pokemon aficionado, I'm unsure if you're familiar with Palkia and Dialga's MOs. The former is the master of Space, while the latter controls time. So the stages flipping does make sense. I can understand how that would be a major pain during gameplay though!

Kirby's Dream Land certainly has its place in history and is still worth the ~1 hour romp to clear the game. Partially due to how short it is lol. Kirby's Adventure is where the series started hitting its stride IMO, though the Nightmare In Dream Land remake is still the best version IMO. I finished Chapter 5 in TTYD on Saturday and did some cleanup/the intermission stuff yesterday when I got the chance. I'm due to start Chapter 6 when I next play, which will at least partially involve one of your favorite things. Correct, pretty much any non-Switch DQ - at least those released on the DS and 3DS families - is ridiculously expensive at this point. The prices started rising even before the pandemic - VI actually had a short print run, was published by Nintendo if I recall, and was rare/pricey before then - but became way worse during the lockdowns.

I like gaming and do know a couple of people at work who play, but they're more on PC. One guy's GF does like some Nintendo stuff though, so we did relate a little the one time we met. My siblings "grew out of" most gaming, though I think my brother plays some version of Farming Simulator on his phone rarely; he's very busy IRL and doesn't have much time for hobbies. My mom used to play the Just Dance games on Wii for exercise but had to stop after she injured her knee in an unrelated incident. Gaming and my dad do not mix at all, though I have some anecdotal evidence that he had access to a family Pac-Man cabinet that was passed around in the 80s.

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic