Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,400

retired_account

@Adam: Yep, in the cave the water turns black with light blue outlines, and the fish become skeleton fish. In the snowy area the fish are frozen.

retired_account

Adam

Holy moly, I don't remember all this stuff being added to Miner Mishap. It looks almost as far along as Ninja Story, coding-wise at least.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Haha, not nearly as far along at all.

Edit: Okay, I've been doing some code clean-up. If anyone was having speed issues it should run at least marginally faster. Oh, and I changed the physics up too.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

turtlelink

Sorry pix, this game is getting way big, so i would rather play it when it is done. No more demos for me!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

turtlelink

Yes. I would rather play the whole thing when it is completed. But, still, this game is gonna rock!

TurtleLink's backloggery

Odnetnin

@Dragoon While I prefer to listen to Cave Story music while playing any game to any other soundtrack on the planet, I will take your suggestion.
Can't wait to try out the update! Really enjoying the difficulty spike.
EDIT: Amazing as always. I found it really funny that in the cave room with the wall jump and the bombs, the little stone heads would shoot arrows in time with Dragoon's music.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

bro2dragons

@pix: talk to grenworthshero, too, if you're wanting to sample some more tracks, he's a bit of an aspiring composer himself. i'm really looking forward to what all this looks like when it's done (i, too will be holding off for a bit like turtlelink to see the completed product), and what all this sounds like when it's done. should be a fantastic game, there, pixels!

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

zezhyrule

I just beat your new Snowy/Cavey game pix! Keep up the good work!

I see you made it so it is possible to get out of the win room without bombs!

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

Thanks dudes.

Just a progress update, I've finished the first boss. I haven't uploaded it yet, since it's a surprise. I still have two more to do, and then I'm entering the finishing stages of development.

retired_account

retired_account

Uploaded a new character sprite. Lemme know what you guys think. :3

retired_account

Adam

Looks fine... but not at all like a ninja.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

bro2dragons

@pix: you should make it so that each time you get a new ability, the character sprite becomes more ninja-like. for example, with the first upgrade, your pants change to black, then with the next, he gets a red bandana (if that's really what it's called... you know... like Street Fighter's Ryu has...), then with the next, he gets a sword on his back or a ninja hood or something. that way you'd have this kind of bildungsroman or sorts and have the ninja theme and this cool character in your game.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

That would take either

a) a lot of extra art

or

b) a lot of extra programming

I'm not really inclined to do either at the moment. Just want to finish this up and move on to something else.

retired_account

StarBoy91

Your ninja looks awesome, pixelsbuddy.

To each their own

turtlelink

Awesome ninja. You should make it like Metroid when you get power ups, your color changes.

TurtleLink's backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.