Forums

Topic: NF Magazine

Posts 461 to 480 of 518

PuzzleMaster7

My issue arrived in the mail yesterday, but I haven't read any of it yet. However, once I finally put down Animal Crossing, then it's reading time!

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

theblackdragon

I keep meaning to post here — I received my copy of Issue #3 a few days ago, and the very next day I had my copy of #4 in the mail. I still haven't quite had time to dig into either, but I plan to do so tonight. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@Tasuki: Why would I have gone through Corbs? He's a writer, he's not responsible for subscriptions and shipping mistakes. That'd be like someone asking me to fix an inaccuracy in a news article — i have no control over that sort of thing, there's nothing I can do but recommend they get in touch with the appropriate person.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

@theblackdragon: Oh my bad I thought he was more there than just a writer. Yeah in that case I can see where you are coming from. My apologies.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HeroOfCybertron

Just got issue 4 today.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

PuzzleMaster7

Issue # 5's cover was finally revealed today featuring exclusive Pokemon X and Y artwork.

Untitled

Plus, there will also be a giveaway.

NF wrote:

"As for the Nintendo 2DS Giveaway, you'll earn a chance to win with every purchase made in the month of September! That means new customers get a chance at scoring a free game system for joining the Force, and our existing subscribers can earn chances too by making purchases for friends, grabbing extra copies of the upcoming Issue #5 or adding on things like the "Get Caught Up" bundle or digital upgrade option for print subscribers. For every 100 orders that come in during September, we'll give away another 2DS! So your odds are never going to be worse than a 1-in-100 shot. "

TysonOfTime

So... NF has decided to once again insult my magnificent Dunsparce?
THIS
MEANS

WAR

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ueI

I received issue #5 yesterday as well. I wonder if dunsparce is the new mutant squirrel? Nintendo Force really pulled out all the stops with their cover story. I wasn't planning to renew my subscription at 3x the price of Nintendo Power, but I think I will if I continue to see such large improvements from issue to issue. Matthew's review for Earthbound is so fantastic, I wonder if he's capable of selling me anything? Unfortunately his glowing review is counterbalanced by a far more critical one found within the same issue. I noticed an advertisement in the magazine.

Droggeljug

MasterChordles

I cannot believe the score they gave Rayman Legends -_-

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

LzWinky

I just got issue #5...which is weird because i still haven't gotten #4 but Lucas was nice enough to give me a free digital copy along with a promised #4 in the mail

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TysonOfTime

MasterChordles wrote:

I for one am happy there are at least some reviews that are bothered by the series's flaws.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ueI

I've since read more of issue #5. I think some parts are overenthusiastic, as the writers praise every single Pokemon game they mention and paint them as pictures of excellence. There are also some distracting typos, including articles that end without periods. The most conspicuous example is in the Super Mario Busters 2 story; the final sentence is not even complete.

Does Nintendo Force have an email address for news tips?

Edited on by ueI

Droggeljug

PuzzleMaster7

I received my issue yesterday, but I haven't read any of it yet. Once again, Animal Crossing got in my way.

@uel I also noticed a few typos in issue #4. For example, somewhere in the issue there was the word "effected" that should have been "affected." Finally, [email protected] is probably the best to use in your case.

ueI

I'll give it a try, though I'm not looking to get my message published in the magazine.

Droggeljug

MasterChordles

TysonOfTime wrote:

MasterChordles wrote:

I for one am happy there are at least some reviews that are bothered by the series's flaws.

That's true. But I was expecting at least an 8.5. Oh well, their opinion and I have to respect that.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

PuzzleMaster7

Who's ready for this year's last issue?

Untitled

Also, be sure to check out Matthew Toranto's new Kickstarter, Tadpole Treble, here.

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

ueI

KodyWB-98 wrote:

Plus, there might just be something special for the first 2,000 subscribers.

So what's up with this? It's been almost a year and I think they should have shared more info by now.
They also have a real website now. And all orders are 25% off for the rest of the week.

Droggeljug

LzWinky

I just got the last issue of the year

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PuzzleMaster7

The Nintendo Force podcast launches tonight!
Starting from today, there will be one podcast every Monday. However, if you miss it, the podcast will be uploaded to the official site the following Wednesday. Finally, be sure to watch the very first episode here on NF's Youtube channel at 10 PM ET.

P. S. The new subscription enrollment along with the cover art of issue #7 will be revealed soon, so stay tuned for more announcements!

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.