Forums

Topic: Nickelodeon sets `Last Airbender' sequel, "The Legend of Korra" for 2011

Posts 41 to 60 of 74

Tasuki

TokyoRed wrote:

@ thesignpainter, are you going to go on a Avatar The Last Airbender marathon before the new show comes out?

I will if I can get time between school and homework.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SuperLink

Every episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender is on Netflix Instant Queue, so if you're planning on haveing an A:TLA marathon, and have Instant Queue, then you're good to go.

I also want to watch the three chibi shorts; those are amazing :3

SuperLink

RoyalBlur

SuperLink wrote:

I checked that out and I got a few laughs out of those. I had no idea those existed until I read your post. Did those actually air on Nickelodeon?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SuperLink

TokyoRed wrote:

SuperLink wrote:

I checked that out and I got a few laughs out of those. I had no idea those existed until I read your post. Did those actually air on Nickelodeon?

Yeah, they were aired as little "specials" that came on during commercial breaks. They never actually aired on Nickelodeon, but they did air on Nicktoons. yes, I know they're both owned by Nickelodeon, but they are two different channels. Now, you can only find them on YouTube and the like. I like the "Bending Battle" one the best, but the "School" one has so many great references to the show.

SuperLink

RoyalBlur

Yes, School was my favorite. Would you believe that even though Nicktoons is a TV channel I've never actually seen it. I've only heard of it. I wonder if it is even a good channel? Because I think that I've seen Obam Star Racers on youtube and if that is a Nicktoons show then I really must be missing out on some good programming.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SuperLink

It used to be really really good because the "commercials" were just animated shorts and randomness. There weren't any real commercials. But then, they really got absorbed by the main Nickelodeon corporation and lost their zeal. I still watch it sometimes, but I'll never have the same repsect for it that I once did. It's still a great cahnnel to catch the shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Invader Zim, since the main Nick doesn't air those anymore.

Edited on by SuperLink

SuperLink

kkslider5552000

Nicktoons was basically the Last Airbender channel for a while. I'm not sure if that makes up for never showing reruns on Nickelodeon or not. But I suppose that would mean Nick would have more than 10 hour marathons of the same two shows.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SuperLink

Yeah, they do have a lot of marathons of the same shows over and over; good point. But hey, any marathon of Avatar is good news to me!

SuperLink

RoyalBlur

@kkkslider, SuperLink, I think I would like to have access to Nicktoons now that you guys mentioned that tantalizing Avatar marathon thing and Invader Zim sounds even more appetizing.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

MetroidMasher17

The movie absolutely sucked. It was terribly terrible, and it didn't even get the story right. You don't squeeze an entire season into two hours.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

bonesy91

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

The movie absolutely sucked. It was terribly terrible, and it didn't even get the story right. You don't squeeze an entire season into two hours.

QFT.

I can't wait for this! I watched the whole original series in the span of 4 days (only ever stopping to eat and sleep haha) and I managed to finally get my brother to watch it and he loved it to. So excited for the next series.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

kkslider5552000

I approve of TokyoRed's change to my name.

...wait no I don't what are you doing

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RoyalBlur

bonesy91 wrote:

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

QFT.

I can't wait for this! I watched the whole original series in the span of 4 days (only ever stopping to eat and sleep haha) and I managed to finally get my brother to watch it and he loved it to. So excited for the next series.

In this day and age most animated programming is absolute garbage but as of late it seems like a return to the good ole days as shows like Young Justice and ThunderCats the reboot seem to be trying to remedy the illness of cartoons in recent times. Before I learned that it was all American produced at Nickelodeon I originally thought that Avatar The Last Airbender was a Japanese produced anime.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

bonesy91

TokyoRed wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

MetroidMasher17 wrote:

QFT.

In this day and age most animated programming is absolute garbage but as of late it seems like a return to the good ole days as shows like Young Justice and ThunderCats the reboot seem to be trying to remedy the illness of cartoons in recent times. Before I learned that it was all American produced at Nickelodeon I originally thought that Avatar The Last Airbender was a Japanese produced anime.

I agree about there not being any good cartoons on these days. (with the exception of a few... well one I can think of) It's like poeple that make cartoons don't even try to be good anymore. :/

and yeah Avatar does give off the impression that it is a Japanese made cartoon, with it's anime style. And I to thought it was japanese made until I saw a behind the scenes thing on Nickelodeon one day.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

RoyalBlur

The video below is for the comic from Dark Horse that will lead readers into the events depicted in the upcoming Legend of Korra.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

RoyalBlur

Here is a new TV spot from Nickelodeon!

Below is the leaked opening sequence from The Legend of Korra.
[youtube:NFb-rzOf13I]

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Usagi-san

I loved the first series and can't wait for this to come out. It won't be the same without Sokka though.

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

BulbasaurusRex

Usagi-san wrote:

I loved the first series and can't wait for this to come out. It won't be the same without Sokka though.

Who knows? Sokka might still be alive. Personally, I think the idea of old man Sokka would be hilarious.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

RoyalBlur

Well here is a nice amount of new footage!

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.