Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 4,078

jump

People watching Grand Tour are complaining about those garbage reality telly...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1

@HotGoomba

This logo
Untitled
or
Untitled
This logo

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

RR529

@jump, yeah, I may have been about a bit hyperbolic about the dreaded "reality TV" future (I don't even have HBO Max), but it seems to be that the idea is that the service should be able to survive on the popularity of their theatrical releases & regular HBO content, and then they can save money by not making HBO Max exclusive movies/shows.

If a movie doesn't have the production values required to "cut it" as a theatrical release (as was the reason given for Batgirl), they shouldn't be wasting money making it in the first place, at least in their eyes.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HotGoomba

@Kermit1 I prefer the HBO Max logo, but prefer the Crave NAME.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

HotGoomba

@RR529 I'm assuming that any HBO Max originals might just become either Discovery+ originals (IF the rumors are true) or HBO Originals. If HBO originals, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If Discovery+ originals, why.

Don't click on it.

Kermit1

@HotGoomba Here are some changes I made from your input, excuse the slogan.

1#
Untitled

2#
Untitled

3#
Untitled

4#
Untitled

5#
Untitled

For the kids.
Untitled

PS don't tell adobe that screenshots exist

Edited on by Kermit1

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

Watched Girls und Panzer das Finale Part 2 today. Long story short, I've been following this anime for years, and started the finale movie series awhile back. I loved the movie. The sneak attack by disguising tanks I didn't expect. I loved how Miho went to the Boko museum and played a simulator attraction where she sees everything from Boko the bear's point of view, lol. Also, some really nice tank battles to watch. The movie did end in a cliffhanger, so looking forward to getting around to the third movie, which the Blu-ray is due out this September.

If no one ever seen Girls und Panzer, I do recommend the anime and the movies, it's a fun one with some great moments IMO, both tank and slice of life moments.

@HotGoomba Fair enough, I think I would rate it around a 6 or 7, if I had to rate it. I do feel Luca and Turning Red are much better Pixar movies.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

TheJGG

@RR529 @HotGoomba @Kermit1 @jump The only thing so far that’s anywhere near good about the merger is that we got the old Warner Bros logo back. This whole thing screams disaster incoming and this is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what’s being cut. There’s definitely stuff out there we don’t know about yet that could make the whole thing even worse.

This is nothing but bad for the film industry since WB is one of the big six movie studios in Hollywood. Of these six so far (Columbia, WB, Disney, 20th Century Fox, Paramount and MGM) one literally ate another, one was picked up by Sony, another by Amazon, and now Discovery. Whatever Discovery’s reputation is doesn’t help but the fact they’re CANCELLING FINISHED MOVIES certainly compounds the problem. The reason (tax) is BS too, indicating a painfully stereotypical money-over-content mindset. It’s one thing to have Hollywood studios accused of making “woke” movies but at least the movies are seeing a cinema, as bad as they can be.

I’m not subscribed but it’s such a shame, HBO Max has a decent catalogue. The cancellation thing is a complete joke though. DC films don’t have to be these big theatrical festivals, and they don’t have to be a copy of the MCU. Honestly the MCU feels a little played out at the moment, like they’re just pumping out four movies a year to tick a box. The VFX controversy’s also boiling over, since workers are complaining of getting overworked and underpaid to do VFX for the MCU.

Check out my YouTube channel for video game music covers, video essays and more!

Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

HotGoomba

TheJGG wrote:

@RR529 @HotGoomba @Kermit1 @jump The only thing so far that’s anywhere near good about the merger is that we got the old Warner Bros logo back.

Unpopular opinion, I like the 2019 logo.
I already mentioned the opening animation

But I just really like the look of it, I feel like it's overhated a little. I like the new classic logo too, but the 2019 logo is dumped on too much.

Don't click on it.

Magician

I was just made aware that Furiosa is currently filming. With Anya Taylor-Joy playing Furiosa and Chris Hemsworth playing Immortan Joe. Should be interesting; I thought Fury Road was quite good. Although all of this Mad Max stuff makes me want the 2015 game on Switch. A very underappreciated but quite good open world game.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,006 games (as of September 30th, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kermit1

@Magician I've seen some of the set photos and... I do not like Mad Max but seeing Chris Hemsworth in a giant red beard is kinda funny.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

RR529

Watched a couple movies today.

Deadpool - Continuing my trip through all the FOX X-Men films. Oh so very raunchy, and a thoroughly good time. Actually managed to be a bit emotional at times too.

National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation - Last of the Vacation movies (before the reboot). It's pretty much more of the same at this point, but another excuse to let Chevy Chase & (especially) Randy Quaid ham it up certainly isn't unwelcome. While the film's version of Rusty is pretty middle of the road, I think it might have my favorite Audrey.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mioaionios

Saw Prey, the new Predator movie yesterday.
It was pretty good, definitely the best Predator movie since the original. Tense, gory and some great action scenes. Loved the setting of native America.

Mioaionios

Cybergirl

I just rewatched Fight Club. Genius movie.

I love video games and games with my sense of reality. I like independence and comfort. And I hate to be dependent. I'm young but have a really great life experience. I'm smart. I'm genius. I'm a cyborg.

TheJGG

Watched Lightyear last night… man this movie was mediocre.

Buzz carries the movie and even then he does barely. His three sidekicks are awful conceptually, one expects Buzz to trust her because she’s Buzz’ coworker’s granddaughter, one’s a one-trick pony (can’t use gun because parole), and one… is Taika Waititi. I’m so done with him now.

Plot was okay. Kept me engaged because of the interesting setup. Plot twist was decent. But it was literally RPG levels of lazy quests.

Please don’t see this movie. Go watch Toy Story again.

Check out my YouTube channel for video game music covers, video essays and more!

Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Snatcher

@TheJGG Yeah saw it yesterday as well.

The biggest issue with the movie I had was how rushed it felt, and what it could have been. The trailer in my opinion showcases something completely different then what we got. The movie would have benefited from being more serious, but it was just to silly, even tho it could be when it wanted to.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

Anti-Matter

I heard something something about same gender relationship from Buzz Lightyear movie.
What was that about?
Bromance?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Mioaionios

@TheJGG @Snatcher
Lightyear is only the second Pixar movie I didn't like, after Cars 2. It was bad. I especially didn't like how dumb all the characters are. They stumble their way through the movie and somehow come out on top. At times, it felt to me like the movie was insulting my intelligence.

@Anti-Matter
There's a romantic relationship between two women in the movie.

Mioaionios

HotGoomba

@TheJGG @Snatcher Yeah I agree for the most part. Personally, I didn't think Buzz carried the movie. He still wasn't horrible, but he was just so whiny about dumb s--t. It was the cat robot that carried the movie for me. It was the only character I found constantly funny. Also, the movie wasn't actually that bad up until the Lesbian pilot died. That's when it got downhill. (Oh and @Anti-Matter, the gender relationship thing is a lesbian relationship, or a woman being in love with a woman)

EDIT: @Mioaionios This is probably my #3 least enjoyed Pixar movie. Worse than Brave and A Bug's Life (not by much), Better than Cars 2 and The Good Dinosaur.

Disney just let Pixar leave Toy Story dead.

Edited on by HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

Snatcher

@Mioaionios It really was. I wanted a competent team, that actually knew what there were doing, that or make the, a band of misfits, but we got none of that.

@HotGoomba I agree, the start of the movie actually wasn’t that bad.

Also wile I didn’t like the film, I have to say, the graphics are really good, ngl I loved the camera shots and the environment, even if it was boring because it was the same location the whole film.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic