Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 6,568

Dogorilla

@jump That's a good point, Spider-Man without neck-snapping is like Batman without rubber nipples, it's just not the same

@blindsquarel I know, I was playing along. Should have put a on the end of my post

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Rambler

@jump
I remember thinking it would be hil-arious to put on Eraserhead after a big night out (4 am type of thing).
Everyone else didn't seem to agree with me.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I feel Eraserhead would make a good drinking game film, every time you feel uncomfortable just take another shot.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

Snatcher wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

@Snatcher Well Roger Rabbit's in the film for 3 seconds sooo #sequel lol

You know the rules, and so do I!

What rules, Disney bought all the rules!

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

Dogorilla wrote:

blindsquarel wrote:

@Kermit1
It is objectively the best Spider-Man movie. And yes my opinion is definitive.

'Objectively' is a strong word when Into the Spider-Verse exists

That's my second favourite Spiderman film

Rambler

@jump
Hammered in the first five minutes or so!!

I once saw it at the cinema - loudest thing I have ever experienced at the flicks (and that includes Stephen O'Malley and KTL doing a live soundtrack).

Irreversible and Lost Highway were the most physical soundtracks, mind. Felt like I was being punched during the Lost Highway

Rambler

Kermit1doesmath

Did someone say Bat-rubber-nipples, I kinda liked Batman and Robin talk about a popcorn flick.

Untitled

After looking at that try washing your eyes with some of this...
Untitled
I can't drink, sooo, enjoy!

Magician

Recently saw Robert Pattinson's Batman. I really enjoyed it. Colin Farrell as Penguin and Paul Dano as The Riddler were both scene-stealers though. Although Pattinson's performance as Batman doesn't quite stack up to either Christian Bale's or Michael Keaton's performances, I think the villains in Batman 2022 round out the cast more strongly than in previous Batman films.

Heath Ledger's Joker might be the best take on the character in franchise history, but I would still place Batman 2022 ahead of the Christopher Nolan trilogy as my second favorite Batman movie, yet still behind Batman 1989.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Rambler the loudest film I’ve ever seen was Gutterdämmerung weirdly as it’s a silent movie but with a rock band playing as the movie rolls.

The band on stage was made up of Eagles Of Death Metal and Volbeat whist the movie’s cast is a who's who of rock like Iggy Pop, Mark Lanegan, Henry Rollins, Grace Jones, Nina Hagen, Lemmy and loads of others.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump

Ooh I've not heard of that! Sounds brilliant!

A (long) while ago, there seemed to be a thing for live soundtracks to silent films, or maybe it was the only time that I attended stuff like that!
Have seen Haxan (a few times), Tabu, Sunrise (the Stephen O'Malley one - quite incongruous), Maya The Bee*, Vampyre (not actually silent, but may as well be), and I think, Pandora's Box.

• Not the cartoon, but a version from 1924 mentioned here - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_the_Bee

Rambler

Rambler

Kermit1 wrote:

Untitled

"Brought to you by those who drink it" - like to see that with Bucky's

Rambler

Snatcher

Finished chip and dale, and I loved it, it wasn’t meant to be a reboot, no it made fun of a lot of things, meta humor works only when used right and boy did they do it right, the references and seeing some of my favorite characters come back in a movie, and ugly sonic was funny as heck, they were so self aware about it. The clay cop was also done very well as well, on top of making fun of some animation styles.

Not a masterpiece, not even sure if the writing was the best, but I did indeed Enjoy it, and its dumb fun, especially with family.

9/10 to around 8/10 but some might think this is too high of a rating.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

XandertheWise

Im watching Waxwork and Waxwork II on Tubi tonight and tomorrow this weekend.

Rewatching Waxwork all over again reminds me of watching it late night on HBO back in the day

XandertheWise

Rambler

Watched The Greasy Strangler last night. It was...okay?

The old-school gore effects and the stilted dialogue were excellent, but I had trouble with some of the jokes and dialogue which I found to be veering towards being actually offensive (in the style of some 90s comedy shows), rather than just the characters.

Disregarding those, the film really overcomes its ultra-low budget, being truly odd. Lots of nudity, cannibalism, deliberately rubbish soundtrack, death, and disco.

The ending, while truly bizarre, indicates to me that the writers couldn't think of how to conclude the film adequately. But not everything needs to have a neat finish.

Fans of Troma and early John Walters should appreciate it.

Also probably the only film with Ben Wheatley and Elijah Wood as producers!

Edited on by Rambler

Rambler

Rambler

@XandertheWise
Just looked up Waxwork II on Wikipedia. It's got unfathomably good cast for some reason!

Rambler

XandertheWise

@TheBladeOfRoses well im surprised that the new Batman is already coming out for dvd and blu ray next week when it was just in theaters like in April

XandertheWise

RR529

TheBladeOfRoses wrote:

Weird that the Sonic Movie 2 hasn't released to DVD yet...it's been quite some time since the movie released to theaters.

It's only been about a month...

Granted, I know modern viewing habits because of streaming (and the pandemic) have affected theatrical run times, but historically you'd probably have to wait until at least late summer (maybe August) for the home release of a movie that released in April I'd imagine.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Snatcher

@TheBladeOfRoses Usually takes about a month or two.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic