Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 3,146

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx Agreed. Can’t say I don’t admire Zelda 2, but it’s one of my least favorite for sure.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yea and the random battles were especially annoying if you were in a swamp. All and all, I can enjoy but it's at the bottom of my zelda list. @Tyranexx good call, get all the little ones out of the way

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision Zelda II definitely has some redeeming qualities and is better than many other games of the era. When compared with the rest of the series though, I vastly prefer most of the other titles over it. That would seem dismissive to some who haven't played many Zelda games, but it's a testament to the series with how high the bar is set IMO.

@NintendoByNature Hopefully the sales die down a bit so that I can start making more progress. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx lol I think the big new year sale ends tomorrow thankfully. I have so much to play im rushing thru most of it to keep up. Playing nsmb ds and aria of sorrow on wii u and tw3 on switch. Ugh tooooo much to play in a good way.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature #GamerProblems

My main problem is while I try to be picky with what I pick up, some of the best games tend to be long in the tooth. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I regularly frequent howlongtobeat.com to see how long games are before buying them. 20-25 hours is about my limit for the most part. I typically shy away from anything 30+ hours but i do make exceptions (as i stare blankly at my witcher 3 physical case) 😂. A good 10-15 hour game is kind of my sweet spot for 2 reasons. 1) it gives me more time play more games throughout the year and 2) I have a very short attention span lol. So long games tend to bore me after the 20 hour mark. Again, I do make exceptions though, for zelda games mostly.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I have HLTB as a shortcut on my phone lol. It + reviews + other feedback are big influencers of whether or not I pick up a game. I do shy away from some longer games, but there are others that I have backlogged (such as Skyrim, BotW, DQ VII, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2) that are too well lauded to ignore. Plus I like a well-crafted story and generally have no problem investing my attention into a good plot and/or compelling world.

I've become way pickier and am less of a completionist these days. I'm not afraid to drop a game if I'm not enjoying it or have a problem with some of the subject matter.

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx that's a good trait i wish i had(dropping a game whenever you want). The game has to be REALLY un-enjoyable for me to file it away. Or, brutally hard. Dark souls was that for me. Hollow knight is right on the edge of that. It's not brutally hard but it got on my nerves more than once dieing in a boss fight and trekking back to it. Those are a couple of the handful I've put away. Traded in dark souls,but I will for sure go back to hollow knight one day. It wasn't unfair, just a tad difficult and more than I prefer.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature The difficulty of Hollow Knight is a little over my limit lol. I know it's an excellent game - and I do like some of my games to be challenging - but the line is drawn at whether or not repeated deaths will give me an aneurysm. I play games to relax, not to be a masochist. XD

Dropping a game is actually a trait I've been trying to cultivate better with some success. By all accounts I should have probably dropped Monster Hunter Stories, but I was far enough along at that point that I wanted to explore the final area and see what happened with the cliche plot.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. I think the 2 things that would make HK much better, are save points before a boss fight and more fsst travel locations. I played about 10-12 hours so i got a good chunk of the game in. I wanted to finish it but oh well.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That's another killer for me right there: extensive forced backtracking, especially after dying. That was more permissible when I was younger and had more time on my hands. These days, I'd rather not put up with that.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hence my issue with dark souls. It was like moving in quick sand for me. Im not knocking anyone who likes it I just wasn't any good at it.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Five years ago you’d already have an army of “git gud” zombies on your tail. Looks like we’ve progressed a little bit there 🤫

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Oh boy, Dark Souls. Another franchise I'd kinda like to try but know I'd regret almost immediately. That WOULD cause an aneurysm. XD

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx let's put it this way, if You think hollow knight is extremely difficult, DS basically sits back, has a drink, and laughs at HK.. Maybe give it a shot if you know someone who has it instead of buying it. Who knows you might like it.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'd borrow it and do a Let's Play: "1001 Ways To Die Horribly in Dark Souls". XD

Hollow Knight barely crosses my line. DS is miles past it, based off of footage I've seen.

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx DS is a hard game, but it’s tough not to recommend if you’ve never experienced it. I’d put it up there with Doom and Resident Evil 4 for best combat system in a 3D action game.

NotTelevision

Fastback

I beat the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for the third time

Fastback

Xyphon22

I just beat Unravel 2 after a number of people on here recommended it. I have absolutely no idea what was going on story-wise, but the gameplay and the visuals were great. And being an indie game done by EA, the credits lasted longer than it took me to beat the game, but it was still fun while it lasted.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic