Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 141 to 160 of 3,137

PhantomKirby

Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright. So good!

Proud mayor of Shababob.

~Momentai~

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5386-4389

polivar4

Just beat Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for the Wii and Alien vs. Predator for the Super Nintendo. AVP for SNES is a freaking hard ass game to pass. If you don't believe me try it out for yourself.

Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors, Ea Sports UFC, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Resident Evil 4 for Wii and ZombiU
Purple Belt in BJJ
Deadpool is my hero!

Tasuki

Finally finished Double Dragon Neon on the Xbox 360 today with my son. It was actually alot better then I thought it was going to be. The graphics are nice the music and it plays a good homage to the Double Dragon universe. If you are a fan of Double Dragon games or beat em ups in general this is a good one to add to your collection if you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 or PC.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

Just finished Kirby's Adventure Wii / Return to Dreamland. Some of those challenge stages... they were really annoying...

Octane

RevolverLink

To the Moon. It was just as sweet and as deeply sad as everyone said it would be (and much funnier than I had expected).

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

MsJubilee

I just finished Year Walk.Man that game was so weird in a good way the atmosphere was so amazing.the music made the game come alive the puzzles made me wander for a long time until i finally solved them.My brain melted with that ending, so many great things i can say about this,wow should have bought this a long time ago.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

Finished up InFamous (PS3) earlier today!

Overall, it was a very good game. It has it's annoyances, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

Good:

• The best thing about this game is that it does a really good job of making you feel superhuman. Playing around with your powers is simply fun to do, especially once you've upgraded everything to the max.
  • While there were few bosses, the ones it had were quite fun & memorable (especially Alden & Kesler).
  • I liked that they made an original city (instead of setting it in the real world), because it allowed them more creativity in designing it with gameplay in mind (making it naturally more convenient to move around).
  • While there were issues (which I will get to), the platforming sections were a nice change of pace, and in some cases pretty epic in scale (especially the prison & tower missions).
  • Your choices actually matter here, as acting selfishly or selflessly effects story progression, as well as the development of your powers.
  • Speaking of the story, I liked how the bigger moments were told through comic style panels (I thought this was a nice touch).

Bad:

• Cole sticks to everything! This system is used for the benefit of exploration, and making climbing around the city easier (especially the platforming sections), and while I'm sure there are a couple times a random ledge grab will saved your life, it's just as likely to get you killed as well (if your trying to dodge a grenade, and Cole grabs the nearest street light by accident, instead of moving out of the way). It's not too big of an issue, but it's noticeable.
  • A minor personal nitpick, but why do you electricute yourself whenever you touch water? He always has the electricity running through him, regardless of whether or not he's wet (and even when he comes into contact with electricity that's not his own, it usually heals him). Heck, even if he could be hurt by his own electricity, he's also been shown to be able to turn off the flow, so to speak, since he can touch other people without hurting them.
  • Another personal thing is, I simply didn't care for the game world, at least when it came to theme. From a design standpoint it was great, but I never once felt the urge to simply go out & explore the city.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Geonjaha

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This is the best Zelda ever! I'll write more later.

I might agree to be honest. It fixes so many problems the franchise has while adding in an actually innovative game mechanic.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Yoshi_Prime

Last night, my friend and I finished beating Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam for the third time, all golds. Still baller.

Yoshi_Prime

CanisWolfred

Geonjaha wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This is the best Zelda ever! I'll write more later.

I might agree to be honest. It fixes so many problems the franchise has while adding in an actually innovative game mechanic.

Pretty much summed up what I was about to say in a nutshell.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Papayosh

I finished "The Minish Cap" today and "A Link to The Past" a few days ago and with that I've finished every main series Zelda games except the for "Oracle" games, the DS games (which I couldn't stand) the original LOZ and Zelda 2

Edited on by Papayosh

Papayosh

CanisWolfred

Aw what the heck:

I beat A Link Between Worlds. I actually haven't beaten a Zelda game in many years, so it feels good to actually finish the fight for once. The game was simply amazing, too. I loved the dungeons, and how creative the puzzles were - for once I consistantly felt like I really had to think and explore every nook and cranny without the puzzle simply relying on lock 'n' key type stuff like requiring I just look for the one block that moves when I rub against it. In fact I NEVER PUSHED A BLOCK THE ENTIRE GAME! I simply cannot express how happy I am to say that. Most of all I loved just how focused it was on exploration. The new mechanic actually completely changed how you explore the world and allowed for a lot of creative placements of hidden chests and secrets. It also just made traversing parts of an admittedly partially-reused overworld so refreshing. And having most of the key items at your disposal at the beginning also encouraged a lot of exploration. My favorite part of Zelda is just traversing the overworld and seeing where I can go and what I can find, and I got to spend a loooooot of time in the overworld without ever feeling like I'm wasting my time.

I even liked the story. It's not exactly something to write home about, but I felt connected to the world and the end-game twist was something I never expected out of a Zelda game.

Only complaints I guess were that it was a bit on the easy side for a game that's going so retro, but "too easy" isn't much of a complaint with this time type of game. Also, I didn't like how many major items were tied to the minigames. I guess maybe they ran out of room to put stuff, but some of the minigames were part of that space, so really I just think they copped out there. I'm mostly saying "it could be better", though, since I liked most of the minigames.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Storytime7

^ Absolutely. ALBW was great, and the major new mechanic really added to the game.

Anyway, the most recent game I beat was Xenoblade Chronicles. By no means perfect, but it really deserves most of the praise it's gotten.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Knux

I completed Mega Man X with all of the Heart Tanks and upgrades. It should be a crime for a game to be this incredible!

Knux

RR529

Just completed the easiest run on Salvo Saga HD (Android).

It's a "Bullet H*ll/Curtain" Shump, with a control scheme & difficulty curve that works perfectly for the platform, and my goodness this game is surprisingly gorgeous. It uses some sort of neon type lighting, with abstract backgrounds that run with cultural themes (Japanese, Chinese, Egyptian, etc.), with the music & bosses fitting that level's theme as well (I particularly liked the Chinese dragon boss).

There are 10 levels in all, with an additional 23 difficulty levels to unlock as you replay through them (I've only beaten the initial difficulty, and am working on the second). enemies drop in-game currency that you can spend on upgrades to your ship (new parts & weapons), and you can also obtain these by hitting particularly good scores.

There are IAP's, but they are very unnecessary, and are tucked away in a shop (never once does a window pop up to prompt you to buy stuff). From what I've seen the IAP's consist of packs with various amounts of the in-game currency (but enemies drop loads of the stuff, so I have no idea who'd feel the need to pay for it), and extra bombs (a screen clearing special attack, and you get three free ones every day. I haven't had to use even one yet). I assume you could buy more lives as well, but again, the game is very generous with lives, so I don't get the need (you start out with five lives, and they only take a couple minutes to "recharge", rather than hours, and you can even spend in-game medals, of which I've already amassed 6, for extra lives).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GrumpyGoomba

Metal gear solid snake eater 3d - first time ever playing and I loved every minute this is just a great game even if you haven't played others and lots of little easter eggs
Luigi's mansion dark moon - never played the original but if this is a sign I really need to
Mario kart 8 - really fun just like always

GrumpyGoomba

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic