Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,574

CaviarMeths

I was able to finish it earlier than I thought and I really liked it. I love noir and crime thrillers, and this fits very well alongside them. Great casting and acting all around, darker subjects like rape, child abuse, addiction, and post-traumatic stress were handled respectfully and with impact.

What was most fascinating for me is how Kilgrave was written. Even without his powers, he was basically this embodiment of all of the negative aspects of masculinity. The way he couldn't understand how psychological manipulation was rape, thought he could "make" Jessica love him just by pure persistence, wanted to control everyone around him, etc. It's basically if you took a stereotypical "nice guy" who complains about the "friendzone" and such things and coated it with a raging psychopath with powers.

My only real complaint is that there was perhaps too much time devoted to Hogarth's marital problems. That arc gets wrapped up fairly late in the series, but it never really contributes anything to the main story. It's a side trip with no payoff.

It's a 4/5 series. Can't wait for Luke Cage. Mike Colter killed it as the big guy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jump

DefHalan wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I've been able to watch it more often than I thought, and just finished up episode 6 a couple hours ago.

I'm really invested in the story, but I'm still not sure exactly where I'd rank it amongst all the superhero shows I've seen, just because it's so different, lol.

I think my favorite bits of the show are her quirky neighbors, and the occasional reference to the greater MCU (just because it reminds me that all this dark stuff is going on in the same continuity that has the likes of Rocket Raccoon in it somewhere, lol).

I know a lot of people hate the references to the rest of MCU but I love it. I love being reminded that Avengers saved New York a few years ago. I love how the Marvel Cinematic Universe is being used to deliver stories that are so unique and different.

I really like how they treated the story from the 1st Avengers film in Daredevil, where it is a really sombre incident like 9/11 and has a huge impact on the New York community beyond flag waving rubbish.

I'm on episode 5 of Jessica Jones and I've got today off so I'm tempted to binge all of the episodes and then lie to my girlfriend and pretend I haven't seen them even though we said we'll watch them together.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

shingi_70

The MCU references were cool, I do like how they showed Jessica's powerset with her pulling every punch or move she made.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Disney owns my house

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CaviarMeths

Video keeps giving me an error, but I assume that's the hella sexy Civil War trailer. So good. Black Panther looks great. More awesome fight choreography from the Russos. That ending with Cap and Bucky vs Stark!

And now we wait 6 months for the movie.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

That movie is going to be a tough watch. It almost seems pointless for superheroes that we've grown to love to fight each other in this maner. It should make for possibility the best plot yet though in the MCU universe.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Spoony_Tech:

To be fair the fighting seems more like Starks team are capturing fugitives from the law. Cap seems to not only opposing the SRA but protecting Bucky as well.

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

@shingi_70: Never took you for the cutesy avatar type lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

@Spoony_Tech:

Heh, Zelda hype from the direct got to me, so I made my avatar the only Zelda oic on my laptop at the time .

WAT!

Spoony_Tech

@shingi_70: Lol, if you could only see my Twitter avatar. I also have another I think I'll use right now. Might be too cute though.

MERG said:

DefHalan

So excited for Civil War, Go Team Cap!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ElementSponge

Team Cap all the way! Although I do agree that superheroes should be held accountable for their actions.

ElementSponge

DefHalan

ElementSponge wrote:

Team Cap all the way! Although I do agree that superheroes should be held accountable for their actions.

It depends on what you mean by their actions. Innocent bystanders being hurt is normally the fault of the person doing the crime, when talking about police, should that also apply to superheroes? Also I don't know how I would feel about the American government trying to control superheroes, deciding superheroes can't save certain people because those people are "un-american" or something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan990

The new Civil War trailer is great. Jessica Jones is great, too. Loving Marvel this decade.

I am a human.

shingi_70

@DefHalan:

It really depends on the context, heroes shouldn't be beholden to the government unless they work for the said organization (Deathlok working for shield) but their needs to be some sort of organization in place to train people. The funny thing is that it seems that's what the Avengers post Ultron had been leading up too, and shield has been doing a similar thing with the secret warriors.

WAT!

Tasuki

So a coworker of mine and I were trying to think of actors and actresses who have been in both DC and Marvel live action media, (or will be) that is movies and/or tv shows and we have came up with this list.

Ryan Reynolds — Blade Trinity, Wolverine Origins, Deadpool, Green Lantern
Halle Berry — Xmen, Catwoman
Ben Affleck — Daredevil, Superman V Batman
Neal McDonough — Captain America, Arrow
Michael Chiklis — Fantastic Four, Gotham

Are there any others you guys can think of?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CaviarMeths

Hmm...

James Marsden: X-Men, Superman Returns
Tommy Lee Jones: Batman Forever, Captain America: The First Avenger
Hugo Weaving: V for Vendetta, Captain America: The First Avenger
Adrianne Palicki: Smallville, Agents of SHIELD (bonus: unaired pilots of both Aquaman and Wonder Woman)
Powers Boothe: DCAU, Agents of SHIELD

jump

SpookyMeths wrote:

Hugo Weaving: V for Vendetta, Captain America: The First Avenger
[

Does Vertigo comics count as DC though, I know the answer is both yes and no but I'm just pointing it out. It also mean you can include Chris Evans who plays Cap and was in The Losers, Samuel L Jackson who was in the Spirit and as Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson who was also in The Spirit and as Black Widow, Michael Fassbender as Magneto and a baddie in Jonah Hex, Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta and Thor and besides those who have already been mentioned that's all I can name off the top of my head.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

I think Vertigo counts as DC.

Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Idris Elba (Thor) were both in The Losers too, come to think of it. Would also broaden the list to William Hurt (A History of Violence, The Incredible Hulk), Djimon Hounsou (Constantine, Guardians of the Galaxy), and Stanley Tucci (Road to Perdition, Captain America: The First Avenger).

Also, if we count Vertigo, then we have to count Icon too. That would extend the list to Mark Strong (Green Lantern, Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service), Michael Caine (The Dark Knight, Kingsman), and Jim Carrey (Batman Forever, Kick-Ass 2).

Edited on by CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

Here's a hard one: Who has been in at least one production from Marvel, DC, and Image? I can think of only one person, but it's kind of cheating.

Frank Welker, AKA that dude who has 753 voice acting credits (you know him best as Fred in Scooby-Doo), was in Avengers Assemble, Batman: The Animated Series, and Spawn.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic