Forums

Topic: Disappointment of the Day

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 4,151

Peek-a-boo

Lemmy, David Bowie and now Alan Rickman.

Talk about a crap start to the year, with all my heroes being taken away, one by one.

The worse celebrity death, for me, was Robin Williams; I find it surprisingly tough to watch his more serious films nowadays.

😮 🙁 😢

Peek-a-boo

Captain_Toad

I accidently dropped my T-mobile phone, and the screen is 86% shattered. Good thing the LCD looks good.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

BurningSonic

I just found out that my uncle passed away yesterday. I've delt with loss before, but this is the first time I lost someone really close to me. Plus my dad doesn't even know yet and we don't know how to break the news to him.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Blue_Blur

@PikminFan22: So sorry to hear that, Baymax, I know it's a tough time...

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Tasuki

Pure Xbox is closing down While I didn't spend as much time there as I do on Pushsquare or even here, I am still sad to see it go. It was nice to be able to go to an Xbox forum community and not have to deal with fanboy junk.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

That's sad to hear about PureXbox, though I can see where it's coming from.

I think there were only 5 new topics opened in their 360 thread in the past year, 4 of which were created by me (whenever I got a new game).

Even their more active threads were quite slow, as it's not unheard of for even their General Discussion thread to go a week inbetween comments.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 Yeah I agree with all your points. I don't know why but Pure Xbox seemed to get alot less traffic then Nintendolife and even Push Square. I am not sure why that was. Maybe they're alot of more Xbox sites then Nintendo or PS sites or maybe it was due to the sales of Xbox Ones, but for whatever reason it's sad to see them go.

My Backlog

ZeldAlice

Having a writers block today.

ZeldAlice

CanisWolfred

...I totally forgot PureXbox was a thing. Rest in Peace, PX. Just like the day you were bo....coded.

ZeldAlice wrote:

I've had Writers block for 15 months.
...oops, wrong smiley. What's the bbcode for "Pent-up frustration"? EDIT: Oh, I know!

:Blueballs:

EDIT 2: ...I got nothin'...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

gcunit

The label on the inside of my 3DS case seems to have randomly stained my lovely white embossed cover plate.

Haven't exhausted options for getting rid of the stain, but rubbing with a wet finger certainly wasn't shifting it 😞

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529 Yeah I agree with all your points. I don't know why but Pure Xbox seemed to get alot less traffic then Nintendolife and even Push Square. I am not sure why that was. Maybe they're alot of more Xbox sites then Nintendo or PS sites or maybe it was due to the sales of Xbox Ones, but for whatever reason it's sad to see them go.

Just speculating, but as the youngest brand of the big 3, I would guess Xbox just hasn't embedded itself amongst the type of people that frequent forums. Nintendo and PlayStation have a lot more years worth of following.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ZeldAlice

CanisWolfred wrote:

...I totally forgot PureXbox was a thing. Rest in Peace, PX. Just like the day you were bo....coded.

ZeldAlice wrote:

I've had Writers block for 15 months.
...oops, wrong smiley. What's the bbcode for "Pent-up frustration"? EDIT: Oh, I know!

:Blueballs:

EDIT 2: ...I got nothin'...

A writers block for 15 months? That sucks, man. It also reminds me about my art block I've had for... gosh, I don't even know for how long. Darn, all kinds of these blocks totally suck!

ZeldAlice

Tasuki

gcunit wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Just speculating, but as the youngest brand of the big 3, I would guess Xbox just hasn't embedded itself amongst the type of people that frequent forums. Nintendo and PlayStation have a lot more years worth of following.

That and there are a alot more Xbox sites then Nintendo and Sony, although from what I have heard the communities aren't that great. Also Xbox hasn't built up a wide world audience like Nintendo and Sony has. Japan the Xbox does vary poorly.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Yeah, MS is more of an American brand. It doesn't help that they continuously shoot themselves in the foot at or around launch for each new machine, save for the Kinect (and we all know how that story ended). Just doesn't build up the kind of consumer trust the way Sony and Nintendo have for all these years.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.