Forums

Posts 101 to 120 of 151

WolfRamHeart

I'm not buying into the hype. I'll probably watch it but I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD.

WolfRamHeart

Percentful

I personally loved it [I saw it in 3d].
It was slightly predictable [and the hair/pink antennae connecting tidea was.... unique ], but I still think it was a good movie.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

WolfRamHeart

@Machu: Did you get a chance to see Avatar yet? I'm curious to hear what you thought of it.

WolfRamHeart

AlexSays

One of the best movies in recent years.

A lot of movies will be held to the standard of Avatar.

WolfRamHeart wrote:

I'm not buying into the hype. I'll probably watch it but I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Bad decision.

The level of immersion the movie offers is only attainable on a big screen with some 3D glasses.

Anything else and you're only seeing half the movie.

AlexSays

Rensch

My school still owes me a cinema coupon so I claimed it this morning. Hopefully I'll get it soon because this seems a movie worth checking out before it's not in theatres anymore. I want to see it in 3D after all.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

BleachFan

Just saw it today. It was a FANTASTIC movie that really made one think...which most movies don't really do nowadays...

WolfRamHeart wrote:

You sound JUST like me. Luckily my friends dragged me kicking and screaming to the theater, and AlexSays is right, you're definitely immersed in the world. I can't imagine this movie on a tiny screen...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

SherlockHolmes

Best film ever. Nuff said.

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

Ramandus

thelawyer wrote:

There are a lot of amazing films that I hope you will take the time to see.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

SherlockHolmes

Ramandus wrote:

thelawyer wrote:

I've seen a lot of amazing films in my life time. I just thought it was the best film I ever saw.

Squadala! We're off!
3DS Friend Code: 3566-1684-2813
Xbox360 Gamertag:Thatreggaeguy
Add me and I'll add back!
Old Username: thelawyer

sonic_brawler95

Saw it last night in 3-D.............and.........it was AMAZING! It instantly made number 1 on my top 5 movies!
I wanna see it again!!!
It felt like I was in a whole new world. The whole movie was facinating, not just the epic battle scene.
I wish I was a Na'vi. :I

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Ramandus

thelawyer wrote:

Ramandus wrote:

thelawyer wrote:

I've seen a lot of amazing films in my life time. I just thought it was the best film I ever saw.

I don't mean Transformers, but films that contributed to cinematic history and had original stories to tell.

Edited on by Ramandus

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

AlexSays

Ramandus wrote:

I don't mean Transformers, but films that contributed to cinematic history and had original stories to tell.

And you know what all movies everyone else has seen, how?

There's actual critics - you know the ones that blasted Transformers and watched all your 'proper' movies - that have regarded Avatar very, very highly.

You can think 'oh it's just another actiony movie with no originality' but that doesn't mean everyone else has to, and your opinion isn't valued any higher than anyone else's, chief.

AlexSays

StarBoy91

Okay. I was too shy to share what I had thought of Avatar after having seen it in theatres yesterday.
But now, I'd just like to say that I thought the movie was: good.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Ravage

Visually stunning and a fun ride. For being "Pocahontas in space" I thought the characters were compelling for the most part and everything seemed so organic and natural. I was skeptical about this movie, but...I was wrong, it is very good, maybe a little long though. I thought the portrayal of the "corporate big-shot" and "kill everything" military dude was really plane, but loved me some Ripley

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Magi

I just tried to get tickets at my local IMAX / 3D theater. Sold out for the next three weekends. YIKES!

Magi

Machu

WolfRamHeart wrote:

@Machu: Did you get a chance to see Avatar yet? I'm curious to hear what you thought of it.

Yeah, I saw it, it was ok...

It was much more than I had hoped for, I really really enjoyed it. The visuals were like nothing I had seen before and really opened my eyes as to what might be possible in the future. The level of detail on show is gob smacking, you'd think a computer generated alien world would look like just that, but Pandora seemed just as real as real itself, the plants and tress, the animals and natives. The Na'vi, were probably my main concern having not seen it, full CG characters have not been convincing at all in previous movies so I was worried. James pulled it off though, well, some fancy motion capture did anyway. I kept looking at all these big blue humanoid dudes, one minute forgetting they weren't real, the next moment marveling at all the work that had gone into making them seem so real. Which for me, they were. In fact, now I've seen it, I really want me a 10ft blue lady. i'm being serious

Audio was also very good, especially in the darker moments. The story? Well, I've heard all the comparisons to Dances with Wolves & Pocahontas and I can see what they mean, but I thought Avatar brought it up to date and expanded that old tale. Whilst I watched I kept thinking about us humans and all the species on this planet we have displaced, and all those we may displace on other world in future years. Just as on Earth, I had my fingers crossed for Mother, and not the stupid humans leeching upon her. ok machu that'll do

But nevermind all that bo**oks, this is one kick ass movie which rarely holds up. Epic action scenes, some of the best ever. Oh, and as for those who thought it was too long, 3 hours is my sweet spot, so wouldn't have minded a little bit more. There was no filler whatsoever, in fact there's a few scenes I felt were edited a bit too harshly., but that's just me. Now I cant wait to see it relaxed at home, with a pause button, and a HDTV. Awesome!

u can tell I liked it, i can never be bothered to type this much anymore, ha

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

irken004

thelawyer wrote:

Untitled

Just kidding I thought it was an OK film. Maybe the sequel will be better.

WolfRamHeart

Thanks Machu! I appeciate your impressions of Avatar. I was hoping that you would enjoy it. I know how much you have been dying to see it. I guess I'll try and see this movie in 3D while I still can.

WolfRamHeart

Machu

Jolly good sir, I hope you enjoy it.

Rawr!

Ravage

3D is the way to see it. I thought I had seen 3D before, I was wrong!
I don't mean Pocahontas in space in a bad way. I also thought it seemed fairly fresh, but it's been a little while that something with that kind of story was done. It was predictable, but you will be too amazed to notice

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.