Forums

Topic: Anyone up to making a game?

Posts 161 to 180 of 440

Funky_Gamer

@Werble NO! Currently some want a flying squirrel to be the main charactor, and you can see my possible story line, on post # 147

You guys wanna go talk about it in the chat? www.nintendolife.com/chat

Edited on by Funky_Gamer

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

Turnip

Funky Gamer wrote:

@Werble NO! Currently some want a flying squirrel to be the main charactor, and you can see my possible story line, on post # 147

You guys wanna go talk about it in the chat? www.nintendolife.com/chat

huh? what?! no? no too what?! and, sure i'll talk to you in the chat.

Cringing is really fun.

Raylax

PLEASE READ THIS POST

Oh christ, now everyone's getting confused. OK, so:

• Coffeh is unrelated to project. It's not called Project Coffeh or any variation on that.
  • It's not a Mario fangame, it hasn't been for a while.
  • The hero is most likely going to be the winged squirrel character drawn a few pages back, but design still heavily subject to change. We don't know yet.
  • Before doing anything major, can we please wait for Kaiser? This thing needs organisation before it can go anywhere

OK, cheers. I'll be in chat xD

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Funky_Gamer

@Raylax Thank you for clearing that up

Mabbit

Hey, I came up with my basic framework for a story. Tell me what you think!

The game starts out with a normal squirrel (I'm calling him Timmy for purposes of understanding). Timmy is just sitting in his home one day watching TV when he notices that a bunch of construction workers have cut down all the trees in his forest. Timmy starts to attack them, but they just throw him in a bag and drive away with him in a truck. Several hours later, Timmy is released into a cage in a radioactive testing laboratory. He sees that all the trees that have been cut down are being fed through a machine and being turned into evil tree monsters. Timmy escapes from his cage, but is kicked by one of the construction workers and gets flung into a room filled with radiation. The radiation gives Timmy huge muscles and wings and he uses his newfound strength to run away from the lab and he starts to make his way back to the forest. Unfortunately, a bunch of evil trees and construction workers are trying to stop him before he is seen by the public.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Funky_Gamer

@Briunj its a good story, and much better than anything I could come up with for a squirrel as the main character.
Personally I don't like the idea of the main charactor being a squirrel. To me it just seems like it won't go very far and will have a very small window of sucess. But thats only what I think.

Raylax

We know, you keep telling us xD
Everyone else seems to like it though, so we're probably rolling with it.

Raylax

Mabbit

Raylax wrote:

I just wnated to make sure that the people who weren't in chat could see. Can't choose a story without kaiser and Yai seeing it

Heisenberg says "relax!"

Raylax

briunj04 wrote:

Raylax wrote:

I just wnated to make sure that the people who weren't in chat could see. Can't choose a story without kaiser and Yai seeing it

I was talking to Funky about the squirrel character, sorry for the confusion xD
Nice story. Personally, I think it's possibly a little overdone, but the basis sounds good.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

Funky_Gamer

Lol, I was just telling everyone not in teh chat. Anyway, if it is a squirrel I'll live and I'm sure I could make do, I just wouldn't really want to... Anyway, I'll sleep on it and try and get some more ideas.

KaiserGX

Sorry for the absence, I went to see TRON and my friend got me caught up in Monster Hunter.

If I am not around Raylax is in guard duty. Anyhow on the Squirrel I initially though of a pollution theme as well but I didn't think anyone would be up for it. The testing laboratory actually gives us a lot of excuses to do things. As a testing lab we could have "Bio-Dome" area's that could function as worlds. Since each Bio-Dome would be a replicated habitat. Enemies could be both, human (such as workers on a crane), mechanical, and even mutated animals that could have been friend's with Timmy (name is pending obviously but I am prone to using this as a beta name). Since I have a comic about animals living in a forest I thought we could name the forrest Lunaville. Maybe he could bump into Maus? What really got me into this was that he was watching tv, lol. Anyhow I think we have a good idea now on what we are making. We can starting doing concepts for stuff, levels.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Mabbit

o hai, Kaiser. I started a Google Docs page for the project, but Raylax said that I should probably ask you before doing anything drastic. Do you think it'd be okay if i put in links to both the chat page and google doc that I made here?

Heisenberg says "relax!"

Mabbit

Yeah, it's exactly like that. Anyone with a link to the page can edit it right now.
that page needs to be password-protected so that unsavory types can't edit it, y'all -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Heisenberg says "relax!"

Bassman_Q

Kaiser, I'd be willing to help on story and music and (maybe) pixel art if you need it. (I just barely looked into this thread.) Of course, the only experience I have with game-development (if you even call it a form of experience) is with WariWare DIY, so I dunno if I can help alot. I CAN, however, send you either records with possible music or an empty microgame with pixel art for you to copy through WarioWare DIY Showcase, assuming you still use that.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

ColtTheNotsoEpicGamR

Wow, this thread got messy while I was gone; for the record next time can we only pusue ideas when the entire group is online. secondly if you guys are planning on useing chat to discuss the project then please post any information this isn't just a thread for discussion; it's a record of our progress and ideas.

-Colt

Objection

well, if we are to set up a chat for most/all members,it needs to be at least a day in advance and specific, i.e. Monday at noon CST or something.

I think that the (super)squirrel fighting pollution can be a fun theme. Do we want to make it somewhat comedic and goofy in tone or more of a dark and tragic tale as he watches his friends mutate and die?

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Mabbit

For chat, is it okay if we use a www.tinychat.com chatroom instead of the NL one? That way it will only be people who's working on the project chatting

Heisenberg says "relax!"

Turnip

Briun: thats a good idea. the NL chat gets kind of confusing

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.