Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 490

TuVictus

@Grumblevolcano I forgot about Hey! Pikmin. Now that we know P4 is coming, I'm eager to see what this change of gameplay will bring to the franchise

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

3DS has a much better lineup in 2017 than it did in 2011.

For that matter, a much better lineup than Wii U did in 2016.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

@skywake,

Because selling 2 systems to one person (a 3DS and a Switch) makes them more money.

Henmii

skywake

@Henmii
It also costs them more money and stretches their resources. And ultimately it's the software and licencing fees that make platform holders money, not hardware. There has been a history of some console manufacturers selling hardware at a loss for a reason. Software is where they make the money.

If Nintendo could release games on one platform? They'd solve the launch drought problem that hit both Wii U and 3DS. A single platform with all of the Nintendo games is twice as appealing as one of two platforms with half of them. Nintendo couldn't care less if super-fans are now only buying one piece of hardware. As long as they still buy as many games. What they're more interested in is expanding the audience by making more of their software available to more people.

When the 3DS inevitably fades into obscurity? It's absence will be filled by the Switch one way or another.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Henmii

"Software is where they make the money"

That's true.

Henmii

Qwertyninty

Rouge trooper... this game is hitting the switch right? When is a release date?

Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

@MarcelRguez

Well its big in my radar right now. Need a shooter missing ones on the switch.

Qwertyninty

MarcelRguez

@Qwertyninty Never mind. I just checked their latest updated and it seems it will be out this year!

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm...I didn't expect AC to be so popular...

Untitled

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TuVictus

Despite what an apparently vocal minority may think, AC seems to be popular for a reason

TuVictus

Ryu_Niiyama

@Operative2-0 I mean I get that but with complaints about series fatigue and the glitch fiascos and complaints about the story, I knew it would still be popular but not that it would dominate.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

More people mentioned Kirby than Splatoon... what?

Octane

TuVictus

@Ryu_Niiyama I think a year off is exactly what the franchise needed, cuz it did get crazy there for a while

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

As long as Bravo Team seats nicely at the bottom, the whole thing is fine by me.

Look at my boy DBFighterz go. Underdog of the century right there.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Operative2-0 wrote:

Despite what an apparently vocal minority may think, AC seems to be popular for a reason

Oh undoubtedly. It's ALWAYS been popular, let's be honest. I think the thing is is that people were so turned off by the Unity disaster that it hurt the series bad. When they got to AC3 and 4, which had great settings people were invested in and a ton of marketing, they were like some of the top selling games period. Like go from the previous games to 3, I distinctly remember a huge jump in sales, and 4 continued that (probably by being the most interesting big budget game on BOTH Xbox One and PS4 at launch). But it dropped immediately back to standard with Unity.

So I'm wondering if Origins will actually bring the series back to that level of popularity. It will be popular no matter what, but they still lost half their audience in basically a year because of Unity (and not being an MURICA or PIRATE game).

I used to care about the Assassin's Creed series, hence how I can comment on this.

I kinda hope it doesn't though. Based on what I've seen, AC is still behind in terms of great gaming, where even other big franchises are doing so much better while the tired series of last gem like COD are starting to no longer dominate. Also, I did not need leveling in AC. Srsly, no.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

...Well Treehouse streams was a major waste of time.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DarkRula

While it is always good to get three days of Treehouse, they were kind of repeating stuff. And I get the idea of splitting stuff up for variety, but they could have at least put all the Splatoon stuff in the first day with the tournament.
They also need to learn that fading the music is better on the ears than randomly cutting it off.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.