Forums

Topic: 2012: Year of the RPG

Posts 1 to 20 of 50

RR529

With Wii getting Xenoblade and Last Story (in the U.S.), along with Pandora's Tower in the EU, and 3DS getting (got) Tales of the Abyss, Heroes of Ruin, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, Unchained Blades, Paper Mario*, and Fire Emblem Awakening, it's safe to say that 2012 is a good year to be an RPG loving Nintendo gamer (Heck, even DS is getting SMT:DS2, and Pokémon B2/W2).

With that said, are you currently enjoying any of these games? Are there any that you're looking forward to?

I myself am enjoying Tales of the Abyss currently, and am looking forward to Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario* the most.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

bobhobob

Untitled
Nintendo of America, Y U NO BRING PANDORA'S TOWER TO US?

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

RR529

Heck, I can't complain about America's lack of Pandora's Tower. I'd just be happy to get my Wii working again so I could enjoy the two we are getting, lol. At least the 3DS is getting enough RPG love this year to keep me happy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

TysonOfTime

RR529 wrote:

Heck, I can't complain about America's lack of Pandora's Tower. I'd just be happy to get my Wii working again so I could enjoy the two we are getting, lol. At least the 3DS is getting enough RPG love this year to keep me happy.

What are you talking about? You can complain about ANYTHING! This is the internet.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

bobhobob

TysonQ7 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

What are you talking about? You can complain about ANYTHING! This is the internet.

You are correct sir. The proper terminology is being a "troll".
Untitled

bobhobob

Demmi-Alpha

Proud to be an Australian right now. :'D Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower...

Be mine. <3

Demmi-Alpha

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

bobhobob

demmi-defender wrote:

Proud to be an Australian right now. :'D Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower...

Be mine. <3

ALL I WANTS IS MAH PANDORA'S TOWERZ!

u r RAINinG on MAH PARADE!
Untitled

Edited on by bobhobob

bobhobob

C-195

The only game I'm interested in from that list is Paper Mario 3ds, unfortunately.

C-195

pastasauce

Bobhobob wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo of America, Y U NO BRING PANDORA'S TOWER TO US?

Because Nintendo of America is led by a pack of phenomenal idiots. The same reason they cancelled project hammer to work on more casual games.

pastasauce

FonistofCruxis

I've played both Xenoblade chronicles and Tales of the Abyss (which came out in Europe where I live last year) and I loved both of them. But I loved the latter more as its tied with Tales of Symphonia as my favourite game ever. I plan on getting The last story soon and I won't get Pandora's tower or Paper Mario 3DS near their release but I'll definitely get them at some point.

voulg160

Looks like a year of an empty wallet for me

Edited on by voulg160

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

shingi_70

Looks to be a good year for fogs.

Got this last month
[youtube:bG2mdZ23eP8]

This is hitting next week
[youtube:6ZmqgxrnK7M]

And then I'm picking this in may
[youtube:fCjIbfJ4rNc]

And I finally end the summer with the last story
[youtube: J1yNJcOF1CM]

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

@Nukeprime64, really? It's going to be great, no doubt, but it's hard to believe that's the ONLY one of interest to you. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

@Radixxs, I'm playing Tales of the Abyss, and I've found it to be really solid. If you've already played it on PS2 I guess there's really nothing here for you except portability (and 3D), but if you haven't played it yet, I really recommend it

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Xkhaoz

Borderlands 2 is coming, so that'll be my RPG fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

shingi_70

Fire emblem awakening got all 9s from fatimisu.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

I-U

Have really enjoyed what I have played of Xenoblade so far (about 3 and a half hours in), and it's on track to be one of my favorite games of all time.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

C-195

@RR529: I'm very picky when it comes to RPGs, There's the two main reasons:
1. Magic, I HATE MAGIC! The only game I tolerate magic in is the LOZ, or if the only magic user is the villain. Mario doesn't qualify for this because he's, well, Mario. Too bad this rules out virtually all JRPGs and 50% of western RPGs.

2. Unless it's a strategy game (e.g. Civilisation or Chess) I don't like taking my turn to attack. Action RPGs and Mario's action command system fix this.

So basically, the only RPGs I will ever play are something like Fallout (not Mass Effect, but that's for different reasons) or Mario and Luigi. Bare in mind that something amazing like Crono Trigger overrides the rules.

Edited on by C-195

C-195

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.