Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,597

Tobiaku

@antdickens One of my comments got deleted today. I did the contact form at the bottom of the site to ask why. How fast can I expect to get a response?

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Snatcher

@Tobiaku They always respond pretty quickly depending on what time it is.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tobiaku

@Snatcher Thanks, hopefully they actually answer and the email don't get lost or something. (Not that the last thing should be a problem, I don't have any issues reciving notifications on email)

@antdickens, thank you for solving the issue and the explanation you gave, I appreachiate it a lot

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

JaxonH

Here's a really necessary idea for site improvement:

Page Number Search Box

I'm trying to find the beginner's guide I made for Monster Hunter Rise, for a new player who needs it, but I can only tab through the pages 1 by 1... there's like 150 pages. That's crazy. I'll be here til next weekend trying to find it.

Most sites allow you to search for the specific page number and hit GO, and bam, you're now on Page 37. Bam, you're now on Page 81. Etc etc.

We really, really need this feature!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

iLikeUrAttitude

I second what @JaxonH said, a search tool for page numbers would make looking for old comments far less of a chore than it is now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

gcunit

(I've said this at least twice before I think, but who's counting)... And page navigation at the top of the page as well as the bottom would be swell.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WoomyNNYes

I have a problem. No matter if I'm at the top of a page, middle, or the bottom, the page selection icons are stuck on the screen.🤔 (😁😉)

What I'm trying to say with my dry sense of humor is, I approve of the fix, @antdickens<3. Nice work. Thank you.

**If anyone hasn't read between the lines yet, the page selection buttons in threads are now visible/accessible from any part of the page. Before, we always had to scroll to the bottom of the page to access the page selection buttons. I think it's a good solution.

@gcunit had made the point I'd been thinking for a while, but I never said anything. Thanks @gcunit.

gcunit wrote:

(I've said this at least twice before I think, but who's counting)... Add page navigation at the top of the page as well as the bottom would be swell.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RR529

How about implementing a pop up that asks "Do you really want to do this?" if you click the "Mark all as read button"?

A couple times a year I accidentally tap on that darn thing either due to the page still loading up, or a misread tap when I'm just trying to scroll the page, and it would help immensely if there was a second chance instead of it immediately happening (or maybe a way to undo it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes You seem pleased, so I am happy, but I'm afraid I'm not following what you're saying. I'm not seeing anything different re. page navigation, on my smartphone browser, even when set to 'Desktop view'.

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit Page navigation buttons can now be selected from the top of the page (or from anywhere on the page, actually). If you scroll up or down the whole page, the page navigation buttons are always floating at the bottom of your window.

I use firefox on android & pc.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes Good to know, thanks. Doesn't seem to be compatible with Android Chrome as of yet, but maybe I need to update something.

Anti-Matter

It would be better if there is an option to hide some articles if we found some disturbing articles to watch, same like we can ignore or block some users. Just click the button to hide and we will never see those articles.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Thats not a bad idea, but how would it work? like a M tag or a blood tag? that you could filter?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tasuki

@Snatcher Maybe a block for articles like they have for users where a user can block articles they don't want to see or read.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Well, I was thinking on every articles should have like a button to hide the articles from view if some articles are uncomfortable to see due to offending image or offending topics.
Just click that button and they will never show up until we undo the process.
I personally will hide every articles about rated M games or boring games articles (such as Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Just Dance, etc) from my view as I only want to know the upcoming kids games or quirky games yet still safe for kids. And thus I stopped caring about game magazine existence as the magazine will contain some games article (with its images) I really hate most (rated M games).

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I feel like this would be a lot harder to implement than ignoring users unless every article is tagged with "mature" but then who decides what's mature? Easy enough for game reviews as the game will have a rating, but for general news, rumours and upcoming stuff it would have to be a judgement call by the staff and I don't think they'd want to tag articles as "mature" just so people could filter them out - they rely on clicks after all.

Where do you draw the line? They add a 'mature' tag, then someone else wants a filter for something else they don't like and so on until you end up with dozens of tags on every article and then the inevitable arguments about something not being tagged correctly - "why is/isn't this tagged mature?"

Also, until you've actually read something, you're not going to know if its going to offend you - by which point the button to hide it is going to be too late. If it's obvious from the headline or image that you're going to be offended then just don't open the article.

dmcc0

jump

Things is there's no mature articles on here.

Even when an article is about a game like Mortal Kombat they just talk about the game in mild terms without writing about the bone crunching gore like when Sub Zero pulls out someone spines and you watch the other fighter's face scream in agony or not showing videos like the testosterone pumping action in DOOM of how you're fighting grotesque evil demons which you need to chainsaw in half where bits of the flesh come flying off.

So unless they are showing sexy or violent things then it's silly to have a mature rating as even something like a weekly sales chart can mention a game like DOOM or GTA which would rank it as mature for no reason.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
Maybe the application of tagging the articles with some age rating filter sounds impossible but I think it can be applied like what I found from play-asia, I can filter the game searching by registering the appropriate age rating I want to find since every games displayed on that website has been tagged by specific keywords from age rating, genre, first letter, publisher name, machine version name, etc.
So when I strictly filter the games searching from play-asia by inputting rated Everyone or PEGI 3 / 7 games for example, only kids games will be appeared, the rated M games will not appear as I only registered age rating for kids. And I think the articles on Nintendolife can be filtered by specific keywords and I really want to disable every single rated M games article or boring games from my view because even just by the tamest screenshot for the headline title, every single things from rated M games are really offending to me even just by words.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

I have read through the "About us" and "Terms of Use" and I have no idea why people brand this website as "family friendly".

Because Nintendo is mostly associated with "kid" stuff like Pokemon, Mario, Kirby etc. ?

I have read articles here about bloody games like Wolfenstein 2 and others as well like horror titles.

Those should only be labeled as "mature" if the site was indeed "family friendly".

Let's not forget that this is a gaming Nintendo NEWS site not a "kid friendly safe space". Articles bring revenue (I hope) and giving the option to "block" them is ... weird.

If a person see the title they should just move along and not make a big fuss about it. "Offensive" is a relative term that is interpreted differently by each individual

Rambler

For me, anyway, there is a bit of an irony when describing "mature" content, as it's mostly teenager stuff.
Nothing wrong with it per se, but GTA is as mature as a parental warning sticker.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic