Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,941 to 7,960 of 9,620

cigsthecat

Thanks ramstrong, that helps me a lot.

cigsthecat

Slayer

I am having problems with Apocalypse Rising, go figure.
I tried to display HP in the corner of the screen, but it never displays. I used LOCATE to direct the text where it should go, but it never displayed. I tried creating a variable called HP and assigned the text 100 to it, but it did nothing! It might not have worked because there is a VERY slight chance I did it the C++ way...

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Pixelrobin

@0Games you may have put a cls after the print. It needs to be vice-versa.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Lego-Meister

@IAmAPerson why is there always green above every block an MCDS? Can I remove it somehow?

Edited on by Lego-Meister

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

Zalkia-ent

i think it's green because IAmAPerson probibly does not have time.maybe in a future update where every block will have its own grapic on top of every block.and I thought about the same thing to

email:[email protected]
if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

Zalkia-ent

in a little while ill post the qr's for a progam I made called,petit madness.the program is a text progam it just tells a story that your in.it has some humer in it to!at the first one you get sucked into minecraft here are the program names.the first one is named pro3,pro stands for program.but I hope you like it

email:[email protected]
if facebook,myspace,instagram and twitter were all shut down, 90% of the teenage population would go insane. if your one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy&past this to your signature and hope it happens. Wait... NO!

InsertPi

@Lego-Meister well...the raycasting algorithm (the thing that draws 3D using 2D commands) only draws sides of the blocks, and not the tops or bottoms, so it's the same colour of the grass. You can't remove it unless you add something that draws the tops/bottoms of blocks/floors/ceilings, a Raytracer. I have one made by @calc84maniac, but it is way to slow. I might add it when PTC3D comes out, with 10x interpretation speed.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Lego-Meister

IAmAPerson wrote:

@Lego-Meister well...the raycasting algorithm (the thing that draws 3D using 2D commands) only draws sides of the blocks, and not the tops or bottoms, so it's the same colour of the grass. You can't remove it unless you add something that draws the tops/bottoms of blocks/floors/ceilings, a Raytracer. I have one made by @calc84maniac, but it is way to slow. I might add it when PTC3D comes out, with 10x interpretation speed.

A raytracer? Wow. Where could I get the QRs for this?

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

boot

I think @morpheel completely abandoned petit computer. I was just on his page and 5 hours ago he commented n a different page. I hope that he comes back to this page!

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

ramstrong

boot wrote:

I think @morpheel completely abandoned petit computer. I was just on his page and 5 hours ago he commented n a different page. I hope that he comes back to this page!

Haven't seen him since Pokemon came out. I don't think we'll see him anytime soon, TBH. He'll be back right around Petit Computer 3D.

I was scanning tutorial page and only 2 people are active there recently: Me, and Gimmemorecoinz. Except, Coinz left (Does anybody know why she left?). So, there's only me. If there's only me, then I won't be posting there anymore. I'd rather do it on my blog instead.

Of course, I don't have a tutorial blog. It's a journal, not tutorial. So, it won't be as educational as it can be. Either I'll have to start something else, or you'll have to suffer my journalistic style. Sigh.

Any volunteer to post on Tutorial thread?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

boot

ramstrong wrote:

boot wrote:

Haven't seen him since Pokemon came out. I don't think we'll see him anytime soon, TBH. He'll be back right around Petit Computer 3D.

I was scanning tutorial page and only 2 people are active there recently: Me, and Gimmemorecoinz. Except, Coinz left (Does anybody know why she left?). So, there's only me. If there's only me, then I won't be posting there anymore. I'd rather do it on my blog instead.

Of course, I don't have a tutorial blog. It's a journal, not tutorial. So, it won't be as educational as it can be. Either I'll have to start something else, or you'll have to suffer my journalistic style. Sigh.

Any volunteer to post on Tutorial thread?

coinz left because some fights and pposts on the live chat on the wiki. shes back now but not often. and w/ the knowledge I have on petit computer I could post there sometimes. i know about sprites, input and output, some music, mem, and other things.

Eel

Oh hi sorry.

Since I have nothing relevant to say in this thread (other things and games got in the way and I just lost interest in PC again), I simply haven't posted.
This is not a casual chat or pokemon thread after all!

Yeah, I'll probably be all about PC again when or after the new version comes out!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

boot

Morpheel wrote:

Oh hi sorry.

Since I have nothing relevant to say in this thread (other things and games got in the way and I just lost interest in PC again), I simply haven't posted.
This is not a casual chat or pokemon thread after all!

Yeah, I'll probably be all about PC again when or after the new version comes out!

YAY ur not dead after all... im glad we now u will be back!

TAINT_Zzyex

also with that gosub question according to the crappy manual (this is untested) return returns to the first tag it passes...
oh and about coins, ask twin about that, its a delightful story.

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Pixelrobin

RETURN goes back to the line that called it.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

TAINT_Zzyex

Untitled
inspiration at its finest. Want me to tell you whats happening during election day tommarow? ADVANCE WARS WWII GAME heck yeah

Edited on by TAINT_Zzyex

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

Slayer

OH, I know what's going on. I'm not putting it in the right place for it to display. I put it straight after the controls and that might be why it isn't working.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Lego-Meister

I just discovered there IS a way to change the bg color. You have to use COLSET "BG",0,"colorcode". The odd thing is that the program has to be running in order to see it and it has to be used every time you start the program.

randomous

Would anybody be interested in a C# class that converts a sequence of bytes into the bytes of a GRP file? It's basically a "transform" in that it takes a List<byte> as input and produces another List<byte> as output. I can make wrappers to make life easier, but I figured that if you were willing to use this, you'd know how to work with a list of bytes. Plus, I really don't see anyone actually needing this, so I don't know... I just thought I'd ask. You can directly write the returned list of bytes to a file since it has all the appropriate header information and junk.

The only reason I'm asking is that I'd need to clean up the class if I were to post it on the Wiki, and if nobody's going to use it, I'd rather not spend the time making fancy wrapper functions and a whole slew of error checking.

What it does in a nutshell:
(Ordered list of stuff to put in the GRP of any size) -> (Full GRP as bytes)

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic