Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 9,620

damolii

@swordx Dungeon is really great!! I'm a more 2d rpg guy myself, though. 3D mazes confuse me......

@ramstrong thanks, but I use background scrolling. I tried to see if this would work, but it either doesn't or I'm dumb. It could be a bit of both XD

@everyone I am some okay news. I figured out a way to "block" the sprite when it hits an opponent sprite. Sadly, it's not the best way. Basically what happens is when the sprite hits the opponent, I move it far enough has to not be detected as a collision, but still look like one. For instance, if the sprite hits the opponent and the up button is pressed, it moves the sprite back a little bit. The only problem is, if I hit the side of the sprite pressing the up button(or whatever button), it will move to the designated area. Its not bad, but it just annoys me. Anyway, since I have a temporary fix to that, I will finish up the rest of the game. I should have a demo by the weekend. And it should be short enough that I can use PTC Utilities (because I don't have a SD card yet). Anyway, just letting everybody know.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Hairmanban19

@Swordx so i figured out that the chest glitch i told you about will happen randomly so now i never even bother opening chests in Dungeon Adventure.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

swordx

damolii wrote:

@swordx Dungeon is really great!! I'm a more 2d rpg guy myself, though. 3D mazes confuse me......

@ramstrong thanks, but I use background scrolling. I tried to see if this would work, but it either doesn't or I'm dumb. It could be a bit of both XD

@everyone I am some okay news. I figured out a way to "block" the sprite when it hits an opponent sprite. Sadly, it's not the best way. Basically what happens is when the sprite hits the opponent, I move it far enough has to not be detected as a collision, but still look like one. For instance, if the sprite hits the opponent and the up button is pressed, it moves the sprite back a little bit. The only problem is, if I hit the side of the sprite pressing the up button(or whatever button), it will move to the designated area. Its not bad, but it just annoys me. Anyway, since I have a temporary fix to that, I will finish up the rest of the game. I should have a demo by the weekend. And it should be short enough that I can use PTC Utilities (because I don't have a SD card yet). Anyway, just letting everybody know.

Thanks! Do you like top-down RPG's? My next one will be top-down.

I'm happy everyone is enjoying my game. I'm also quite surprised. That game is the first game I've ever programmed. I can't believe people actually like it!

By the way, if you see people in the town, talk to them multiple times. One person in the town (NOT the mayor) has 5 different lines of text that are selected at random, and one of them starts a chain of 5 quests. The reward for finishing the chain? A new party member! Sidequests are the easiest way to get far in the game. Please make use of them!

@hairmanban I think that that was a random battle thing that I started programming but didn't finish because I wanted to start programming other games. It won't happen if you use magic, so just don't use the wrench option and you'll be fine! I'll fix any bugs you find, and I'll release a version 1.1 that will also include an expansion. Keep finding bugs for me! You're very helpful.

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

I'm happy everyone is enjoying my game. I'm also quite surprised. That game is the first game I've ever programmed. I can't believe people actually like it!

By the way, if you see people in the town, talk to them multiple times. One person in the town (NOT the mayor) has 5 different lines of text that are selected at random, and one of them starts a chain of 5 quests. The reward for finishing the chain? A new party member! Sidequests are the easiest way to get far in the game. Please make use of them!

@hairmanban I think that that was a random battle thing that I started programming but didn't finish because I wanted to start programming other games. It won't happen if you use magic, so just don't use the wrench option and you'll be fine! I'll fix any bugs you find, and I'll release a version 1.1 that will also include an expansion. Keep finding bugs for me! You're very helpful.

Yeah your actually my favorite programmer and Dungeon Adventure is my favorite Petit Computer game! And now that i know how much programming skills you have,i almost know for sure that your Zelda game will be awesome!!!!

Edited on by Hairmanban19

swordx

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

Yeah your actually my favorite programmer and Dungeon Adventure is my favorite Petit Computer game! And now that i know how much programming skills you have,i almost know for sure that your Zelda game will be awesome!!!!

I'm your favorite programmer? Really? Thank you!

By the way, Dungeon Adventure 2 (which is basically a more RPG-like Zelda) will allow you to own a house. You can even acquire things for your house, including arcade machines! These arcade machines are actual games. They haven't been programmed yet, but one of them will be Game & Watch: Punch Out!!, and another will be Super Smash Brothers: Dungeon Adventure (a game I had planned to make a long time ago but never did. I'm going to make it now because I saw someone is making Smash Bros. and how excited everyone is for it. It kinda made me think ''wow...I didn't know other people had that idea!'', so now I'm going to compete with him, except mine will be a unique extra).

You guys can suggest a third machine. I'll pick my favorite suggestion.

NOTE: ALL arcade machines, along with the house, will be unlocked through sidequests ONLY.

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

By the way, Dungeon Adventure 2 (which is basically a more RPG-like Zelda) will allow you to own a house. You can even acquire things for your house, including arcade machines! These arcade machines are actual games. They haven't been programmed yet, but one of them will be Game & Watch: Punch Out!!, and another will be Super Smash Brothers: Dungeon Adventure (a game I had planned to make a long time ago but never did. I'm going to make it now because I saw someone is making Smash Bros. and how excited everyone is for it. It kinda made me think ''wow...I didn't know other people had that idea!'', so now I'm going to compete with him, except mine will be a unique extra).

NOTE: ALL arcade machines, along with the house, will be unlocked through sidequests ONLY.

It...sounds...EPIC!!!! I think the other arcade machine should be some kinda Atari game like Centipede,Gravitar,or maybe something really classic like Pong.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

hairmanban19 wrote:

swordx wrote:

damolii wrote:

It...sounds...EPIC!!!! I think the other arcade machine should be some kinda Atari game like Centipede,Gravitar,or maybe something really classic like Pong.

I won't announce what the third will be, but I can say this: it won't be a remake. It might be inspired by something in a style similar to the other two, but I don't like the idea of making a port or remake.

swordx

Pixelrobin

BattleWood V2 will also be a top-down rpg...

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

How would I go about handling moving sprites with the use of BGOFS? My equation for still sprites adds a weird 'slingshot' effect.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

swordx

Bluerobin2 wrote:

BattleWood V2 will also be a top-down rpg...

Really? Cool! I may play it when you release it. That sounds fun.

swordx

Hairmanban19

@Swordx i found another bug in Dungeon Adventure. Once i completed the first quest for Kizashi,and then got another quest from him,and i look at the description for that quest it just gives me the description for the first quest that you do for him.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx i found another bug in Dungeon Adventure. Once i completed the first quest for Kizashi,and then got another quest from him,and i look at the description for that quest it just gives me the description for the first quest that you do for him.

Kk I'll look into that. I didn't heavily test this stuff...oops

swordx

Discostew

Bluerobin2 wrote:

How would I go about handling moving sprites with the use of BGOFS? My equation for still sprites adds a weird 'slingshot' effect.

Is it a 1-frame slingshot effect?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Ralph

What way does everyone here draw their sprites? Using that ingame program It isn't very efficient for me.

Ralph

InsertPi

zorkzedork wrote:

What way does everyone here draw their sprites? Using that ingame program It isn't very efficient for me.

PTCUtilities is a great tool that allows you to easily edit stuff in Petit, including:
Writing programs
Converting PTC files to QRs and vice versa
Drawing sprites
Custom colour palettes
These are just a few things that PTCUtilities lets you do; it's free and fairly easy to use.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

randomous wrote:

@swordx @damolii @hairmanban19 @whoever Well swordx, I did it for you without your permission. Sorry, I tried to be polite by asking if I could do it myself, as there seems to be at least a few people who are willing to try your game but are unable to scan your QR codes. I don't like it when people are left in the dark; I feel like I should help them. So here you go: all the QR codes for everything in Dungeon Adventure in picture form, double resolution:

Alien CHR
Dung CHR
Dung 2 CHR
Dung 3 CHR
Dung 4 CHR
Dungeon SCR
Dungeon PRG

Sorry I didn't do it sooner. If you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and edit the Wiki page to include these in a while. If you have any objections, please let me know.

@Bluerobin2 Yes, the logo looks great. I love it.

I have a glitch. I was on floor 1 when I opened a chest. Instead of opening the chest, it went to a battle with no music and no enemy. I couldn't escape, and when I defeated it, the game crashed with an illegal function call error. I didn't have time to catch the line before the game closed. Thought you might wanna fix this.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

swordx

IAmAPerson620 wrote:

randomous wrote:

@swordx @damolii @hairmanban19 @whoever Well swordx, I did it for you without your permission. Sorry, I tried to be polite by asking if I could do it myself, as there seems to be at least a few people who are willing to try your game but are unable to scan your QR codes. I don't like it when people are left in the dark; I feel like I should help them. So here you go: all the QR codes for everything in Dungeon Adventure in picture form, double resolution:

Alien CHR
Dung CHR
Dung 2 CHR
Dung 3 CHR
Dung 4 CHR
Dungeon SCR
Dungeon PRG

Sorry I didn't do it sooner. If you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and edit the Wiki page to include these in a while. If you have any objections, please let me know.

@Bluerobin2 Yes, the logo looks great. I love it.

I have a glitch. I was on floor 1 when I opened a chest. Instead of opening the chest, it went to a battle with no music and no enemy. I couldn't escape, and when I defeated it, the game crashed with an illegal function call error. I didn't have time to catch the line before the game closed. Thought you might wanna fix this.

Thanks, but Hairmanban already reported this. It was something that I was going to program but never finished. If you use the Magic option when opening chests, you can avoid this. V. 1.0.1 will fix this.

swordx

Hairmanban19

@Swordx in Dungeon Adventure i bought a book from the library but i don't know how to read it.

swordx

Hairmanban19 wrote:

@Swordx in Dungeon Adventure i bought a book from the library but i don't know how to read it.

lol I didn't do a good job on those, but you read it in the pause menu. U din't think anyone would do all the extra stuff, so I kinda just did whatever. Now thsat I know you guys are exploring every nook and cranny, I'll definitely be releasing a lot of updates. I kinda was experimenting with this. PTC has such a small fanbase that I figured no one would explore everything. I guess I was wrong...

We should make a site where we review PTC games. I'll be honest, PTC feels like its own console to me. It's like people started developing NES gmes again, which is awesome!

Edited on by swordx

swordx

Hairmanban19

swordx wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

lol I didn't do a good job on those, but you read it in the pause menu. U din't think anyone would do all the extra stuff, so I kinda just did whatever. Now thsat I know you guys are exploring every nook and cranny, I'll definitely be releasing a lot of updates. I kinda was experimenting with this. PTC has such a small fanbase that I figured no one would explore everything. I guess I was wrong...

We should make a site where we review PTC games. I'll be honest, PTC feels like its own console to me. It's like people started developing NES gmes again, which is awesome!

Yeah if i'm gonna play a game then i have to explore everything. I also have that same feeling that you were just explaining. And i also think that we should review the Petit Computer games,i think that would be pretty cool.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic