Forums

Topic: Electroplankton Series Impressions

Posts 121 to 140 of 212

warioswoods

When did our happy Electroplankton thread turn mean? Electroplankton are joyous creatures, they love everybody. Now let's return to talking about fish and their sounds...

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

Fish go bloop.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Nintendork

Wow, I thought Trapy was going to be absolute crap reading the review (apparently a very bad idea ), but now that I downloaded it............... DANG IT'S GOOD! You can create a lot of good tunes from that.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

warioswoods

Trapy is one of my favorite parts of the set, along with Hanenbow and Luminaria. Glad to see others enjoying it!

Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Nintendork

Excellent. It seems like Luminaria is going to be the next download.

Chony_Lee

Was I dumb enough to buy this game cart? Yeah, I was, since reviews at the time described it as "innovative" when I bought it at release. I was just trying to relate to you guys how shallow this game is, and I don't take lightly to someone inadvertently calling my child stupid, so I apologize for getting snippy.

"EXTRA BAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!" -Zeus

Nintendork

Shallow? Really?

WAIW

I bought Hanenbow and Beatnes, and I'm a bit more satisfied with the former. The latter feels like a more standard rythm game, and I hate how the notes stop repeating after 4 loops; it's difficult to set up a cool, complex beat while being rushed so much. Hanenbow reminds me of Flower for PSN. Very relaxing; very little input is required, but the rewards are quite pleasing.

Overall I'm somewhat satisfied with them, but I think I'll save my other 900 DSiWare points for when a different application comes out (Reflections is supposed to come out sometime this month. I'll probably buy that).

WAIW

KnucklesSonic8

Reflection could come on Monday. It's been rated by the ESRB today.

KnucklesSonic8

Grumble

warioswoods wrote:

When did our happy Electroplankton thread turn mean? Electroplankton are joyous creatures, they love everybody. Now let's return to talking about fish and their sounds...

I am starting to ask that to myself in every single thread on these boards, and it makes me wonder why I am here to be surrounded by a bunch of Debbie Downers. anyway, back to my own little bubble!

Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 Fan of: Zelda, Mario, Pac-Man, Metroid, Capt Toad, the list goes on. Love all systems: GBA, GBA SE, NES, Gameboy, 3DS, N64, Super Nintendo, etc, Atari, etc.

Taya

I got Hanenbow and Trapy. Hanenbow I can play for a little longer but Trapy can produce much better music. I`ll pass on the other three but I may look into the next batch when they are released.

These are something fun to do for a few minutes. I don`t expect to play them for hours. If I get $2 worth of entertainment I`m happy.

Taya

JuneBelle

Nintendork wrote:

Wow, I thought Trapy was going to be absolute crap reading the review (apparently a very bad idea ), but now that I downloaded it............... DANG IT'S GOOD! You can create a lot of good tunes from that.

That's great! I'm glad you didn't let the review totally put you off. Yes, Trapy is definitely one of the better ones in the series.

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

@warioswoods: Thoughts on Hanocarp?

I got Nanocarp. Basically, they are like a syncronized swim team. There is not as much musical value to this one due to the inability to fully control where the Nanocarps swim or choose just one or a few to chime at a time. However, it is quite a relaxing one. The Nanocarps are adorable. There are several formations that they arrange themselves into which are accomplished when you clap a certain number of times or blow into the microphone or even sing a few bars. And you can swipe with the D-pad across all of them or tap on the screen for a circular ripple to appear and chime the ones closest to it. The D-pad wave and the ripple have different chiming sounds. The Nanocarps themselves will chime on their own in a different way whenever they feel like it. It very much sounds like a set of wind chimes. Where the Nanocarps are on the screen determines, I suppose the pitch (no musical training here. bear with me).

I don't recommend this one to everyone; but if you adore the cuteness of the Electroplankton and the soothing sounds of a wind chime, then I would recommend it.
Hope that helps.

JuneBelle

warioswoods

I agree with JuneBelle (whose username is almost as cute as the Electroplankon, by the way); Nanocarp is nice, but a bit boring compared to Tracy and Hanenbow, which are for me the best of the ones released thus far. When Luminaria arrives, I heartily recommend everyone grab that one as well.

KnucklesSonic8

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm sticking with a skip on that one. I ended up getting all the others though.

KnucklesSonic8

Slapshot

Corbie wrote:

These games were a damn stretch on the retail package that was loaded with them. Individually they're a joke and an insult to DSi owners the world over. At the very minimum these should have been all 5 games for 200 points and even that might be pushing it.

You hit the nail on the head with this Corbie.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

warioswoods

slapshot82 wrote:

Corbie wrote:

These games were a damn stretch on the retail package that was loaded with them. Individually they're a joke and an insult to DSi owners the world over. At the very minimum these should have been all 5 games for 200 points and even that might be pushing it.

You hit the nail on the head with this Corbie.

No, you both hit your thumb with the hammer.

Kenji510

Well, since we got the first 5 that came out this week, hopefully next week on the 16th we get the other 5 electroplankton planktons... im looking forward on Luminia and Lumiloop!

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-2184
PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Percentful

I inkow it may be a ripoff, but I would go for it. This is probably cheaper if you got every game, because the original Electroplankton sells on ebay for at least 80 dollars brand new. Its a very exspensive, rare game.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

JuneBelle

I can't wait for the next 5 to come out tomorrow!!

warioswoods wrote:

I agree with JuneBelle (whose username is almost as cute as the Electroplankon, by the way); Nanocarp is nice, but a bit boring compared to Tracy and Hanenbow, which are for me the best of the ones released thus far. When Luminaria arrives, I heartily recommend everyone grab that one as well.

Hee hee Why thank you.

JuneBelle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.