Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,774

Vander

@Birdman13: I highly suggest PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff. It's a unique type of card/board game that keeps you thinking of many types of ways of winning, and all the characters have completely different styles of how they play and figuring out ways to beat them all is always a challenge. Some of the characters are more obvious to figure out, but those still are a challenge. I still have yet to unlock 4 more characters. It's a great game that I'd recommend to everyone unless you really really hate board games, which almost nobody does. It will keep you coming back to play with tons of replay value in free play, and I tried multiplayer (yay for DS download play!) and it's great! So go download it and I hope you enjoy it as much I do.

EDIT: you should try the tutorial first it's a tricky game to learn.

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

Bankai

Picturebook Games: The Royal bluff really needs to be played in multiplayer to be really entertaining, though. Single player, it's still good, but like with Poker, any game that requires bluffing just doesn't work as well with AI.

But, if you have friends, I also recommend The Royal Bluff - it's a seriously good parlour game.

If you're looking for a single-player experience, though, I recomment Aquite. It's a difficult puzzler, but one of the better Art Style games (Kubos is the best though, if you haven't get got a copy).

Of the newer games, Dracula: Undead Arising is probably the best value (although I haven't played recent US releases, for obvious reasons)

jdarrell

I'm not the biggest match-3 fan, but don't understand why you'd want Aquia if you already have Dr. Mario and Bejeweled Twist? I'd say Aquia is unique, but not innovative enough if you already have other games. The pace is pretty fast if you really like those types of games though, and if you get into endless mode the challenge is dramatic and can go on for a long time.

I think The Royal Bluff would be worthy to your collection, if you're not expecting to get as much out of it as your other games. It's an interesting but not diehard excitement bluffing game; there's achievements and other details, but they only add a bit to the experience. You could also use the cash for something else, such as a future DSiWare game

Edit: While multiplayer would be much better, there's no problems with the AI imo.

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

Bobpie

Which should I get?

Number Battles or Pinball Pulse or PG: The Royal Bluff?

Edited on by Bobpie

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

jdarrell

I have all three, do you think only one table in Pinball Pulse would be a major problem for you? It's a great table, so I'd recommend Pinball, but the other two are brilliant (and Number Battles is my favourite DSiWare gameplay.)

Edited on by jdarrell

jdarrell

ErrorSupply

Bobpie wrote:

Which should I get?

Number Battles or Pinball Pulse or PG: The Royal Bluff?

I don't have Royal Bluff, but Number Battle and Pinball Pulse are both must-owns in my book. If you can only get one though, it really boils down to which you think you'll prefer: A great pick up and play board game with strategic depth, 1-4 player WiFi and an enjoyable single player quest mode where vs AI to unlock items for use online, or probably the best Pinball simulation available on the DS with lots to do and plenty of replay value considering there's only 1 table.

UNO FC: 5199-7153-8508

Bassman_Q

I've been looking into a platformer and wondering if Chronos Twins was any good. I already have DVZ and MvDK.

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

irken004

Qwikman wrote:

I've been looking into a platformer and wondering if Chronos Twins was any good. I already have DVZ and MvDK.

It's good, but not better than the games u listed, in my opinion. DVZ is the best of those.

Chronos Twins is still worth the 500 points though.

Bassman_Q

@irken004- How is the difficulty? Is it unfair, involve a lot of skill like DVZ, or is it easy?

Bassman_Q

irken004

Qwikman wrote:

@irken004- How is the difficulty? Is it unfair, involve a lot of skill like DVZ, or is it easy?

Eh, it's fairly easy, it just takes awhile to get used to looking at both screens. The character moves fairly slowly too, oddly enough.

Bassman_Q

Alright irken004, thanx. I'll probably give it the PASS treatment.

Bassman_Q

irken004

Qwikman wrote:

Alright irken004, thanx. I'll probably give it the PASS treatment.

Might as well, especially with other platformers coming out (Shantae, for example)

KnucklesSonic8

FYI, Qwikman, it's not "easy", IMO.

KnucklesSonic8

rosemo

In my opinion, Chronos Twins was not easy either, especially if you crank the difficulty up to hardcore. I could not get past world 3 on hardcore.

rosemo

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5643-2899 | Nintendo Network ID: rosemo | Twitter:

wiiplayer26

Which is easier chronos twins dx or chronos twins.

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

Djrr-ific

I have 1000 points, live in Europe, and wanna try something new, and NOT Dark Void Zero...

Is Pop Island nice? it comes out this friday in EU so...

Or maybe Miami Nights, or Art Academy...

Or Pinball pulse? How many blocks is that game?

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

wiiplayer26

i would go with pinball pulse, and if you have the extra points you should get pop island too, its like capture the flag.

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

Djrr-ific

Thank you, do you know anything about the block sizes? I'm low on memory haha

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2047-4489

wiiplayer26

your welcome, Do I know anything about block sizes well yes and no

HolyMackerel

Pinball Pulse and Pop Island are both really great. Pop Island is only good if you have friends with DSes though (it has download play). Pop Island is 90+ blocks while Pinball Pulse is 70 or so. I'm posting on my DSi so I can't check.

HolyMackerel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic