Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,774

Percentful

If you like writing or doodling, mynotebook is good. Im not sure about the art styles.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Vander

@werbie: Art Style: Boxlife is great I really enjoy playing the factory mode it never gets boring but the R&D mode gets tough later on, but still this is a great game.

I need some help deciding between some DSiWare games too.

I have 1700 points and might get another points card soon. I'm saving 800 points for Real Soccer 2010 so really I have 900 points to spend. Here's some games I'm considering:

AiRace: Tunnel
Army Defender
Art Style: Aquia or PiCTOBiTS
Bookworm
Electroplakton (probably hanenbow)
Escapee GO!
Pop+solo
Pro-Putt Domo

Any thoughts?

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

Birdman

Werble - If you want a digital notebook, mynotebook is good. Some of the better games on DSiWare are Starship Patrol, Trajectile, Bejeweled Twist, Dark Void Zero, all of the Art Style games (except for Zengage, unless you like sliding tile puzzles), Pop Island and Number Battle, all for 500 points. The only 800 point games I like are Mario vs. DK and Mighty Flip Champs. For 200 points Army Defender, Robot Rescue, AiRace: Tunnel and Escapee GO! are good (I haven't played the last two though). If you're thinking about an electroplankton 110percentful has a page on all of them somewhere in this thread.

Vander - I'd probably get all the 200 point games you have listed, though if your shoulder buttons aren't working don't get Pro-Putt Domo.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

chickenmatt5

How is Guitar Rock Tour? I've heard very mixed opinions about it.

Check out my DSiWare reviews!
http://dsiwarereview.webs.com/

sonic_brawler95

Here are five DSiware games I highly recommend (excluding the Browser and Flipnote Studio):
1. Dark Void Zero(500 points)- My favorite DSiware. Three levels of exploration, shooting, and all in a great Nes look and feel. Well worth 500 points, you'll find yourself coming back to playthrough it over and over again.

2. Starship Defense(Starship Patrol)(500 points)- A tower defense game that is extreemely fun and addictive. With many different weapons, power-ups, and upgrades, you'll have a lot of differemt ways to stratagize through the game's 30 levels. Even when you complete them all, you can try to get perfects and medals on all the levels, which is EXTREEMELY challenging. Makes you feel happy that you downloaded this afterwards.

3. Pop Island(500 points)- Capture the flag, but crazier, crazier fun that is. With 8 levels and 12 characters to choose from, you'll experience this unique world full of colorful plains to snowy hills. The colorful levels and characters will make you feel happy while you play. Plus if you know some friends that have this, you can have a crazy multiplayer match. Enough fun to keep you entertained for a long time.

4.Trajectile(Reflect Missle)(500 points)- A stratigy game that has you bouncing missles of walls to destroy targets. With over 200 levels, it sure with take you a while to complete them all. Plus, theres always getting a perfect on all of them. Definally a great time waster, and worth your 500 points.

5.UNO(EU-500, US-800 points) Everyones favorite card game is now on DSiware and better than ever. Play UNO by yourself with computers, with friends, or even over Nintendo WiFi. Also there is tournament mode that will unlock new skins for your cards, or even the playing field. Although its 800 points in the US, while its 500 in Europe, its still worth a download either way.

Also Deserve a download:
The Oregon Trail
Bomberman Blitz
Glow Artisan
^
(All my favorite DSiware are on my menu)

I hope this helped some people.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Paperclip

Vander wrote:

Art Style: Aquia or PiCTOBiTS
Escapee GO!

Any thoughts?

Pictobits is super-awesome. Definitely get that. I played it so much, and you'll come back to play it every once in a while once you beat it (that should take a while though)
I just got Escapee go, and it's really fun. For the single player is surprisingly fun, and I can see myself playing through it a few more times. Plus, the survival mode may have the same levels, but they play totally different. It replaces all of the enemies with one witch or two, and you have to figure out how to actually last a while. And the multiplayer is fun if you actually have someone with a DSi that downloaded it.

Rar, I really want Dark Void Zero. It looks so awesome =C

Check out my classy comics.

chickenmatt5

Has anyone downloaded Move Your Brain Rollway Puzzle, The Oregon Trail , or Jazzy Billards? If so, were they worth it?

Check out my DSiWare reviews!
http://dsiwarereview.webs.com/

Turnip

I wanna' get oregon trail i remember playing it when i was young...(YOUNGER that is)

Cringing is really fun.

Vander

@Werble: first remember that it's called THE Oregon Trail. I have the game Oregon Trail II and i thought it was going to be like that but it isn't when I saw the screenshots and saw my friend play it so I haven't downloaded it yet, but he likes the game and it didn't look like a bad game, just not the nostalgic one I remember. I might download it since a few people have recommended it.

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

HolyMackerel

Thanks to theblackdragon for pointing me to this thread. Didn't know about this one. Copy-pasting from my old topic...

So I have 1300 points spare and I'd like to spend 500 of it (leaving 800 for later), but I can't decide on which game to get. Here are the ones I've been considering:

• Dark Void Zero: Looks excellent but I'm on the fence because it's only 3 levels. I kind of expect some replayability or lastability for 500 point games.
  • Art Style: Precipice/Kubos: Also on the fence about this one. Is it one of the better entries in the series? It looks clunky and difficult to play, and the concept doesn't seem too compelling. I have all of the Art Style games except this and Zengage/Nemrem and I like them all.
  • Link 'n' Launch: The NL review sort of dissuaded me from this one, mostly because of its repetitiveness. I'm a fan of puzzle games though. It just seems like one I might buy, play a little and then eventually store on my SD card. :/
  • PictureBook Games: The Royal Bluff: I like card games, but I'm unsure of the lasting enjoyment of this game. Are the rules well thought out and do you enjoy it as much as established card games? Is it varied enough that I won't forget about it after a while? Is there DS Download Play/WFC and how does multiplayer hold up?
  • Spaceball: Revolution: Don't have the WiiWare game, and I'm waiting on the review. They've probably made some changes to the game so that it works on the DSi.

And I would totally buy LRRH's Zombie BBQ if it was available in the US store.

Or would it be better to save up my points for future releases? A number of good-looking titles are coming out soon, like Flipper, Flight Control, Shantae, Tetris Party Live and AiRace. There are too many to look forward to, so I need advice! Thanks in advance!

HolyMackerel

Odnetnin

@HolyMac Rest assured precipice is one of the better Art Style games and one of the best games on the service period, imo. Definitely not clunky/hard to play (not sure if you know you can rotate the camera with L and R), and while it seems simple it quickly becomes frantic and addictive. Let me know of any other q's you have about that game.
Dark Void Zero is also totally worth the points for a fantastic retro styled exploration platformer in the vein of Mega Man. It's about two or three hours on easy I would think, and if you want to try for the hidden collectibles throughout the levels and high scores and harder difficulties, it's actually quite a bargain.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Percentful

I'm gonna get flipper on monday, and I will have 200 points left. Any suggestions? [I already have all the electroplanktons, obviously.]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Birdman

110percentful wrote:

I'm gonna get flipper on monday, and I will have 200 points left. Any suggestions? [I already have all the electroplanktons, obviously.]

If you liked Trajectile then get Spotto! I also reccomend getting Robot Rescue. Those are 2 of the best 200 point games on DSiWare.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Lonnie2Hottie

Agreed w/ Birdman. If you are looking to spend a quality 200 points, Spotto! is well worth it.

Lonnie2Hottie

irken004

110percentful wrote:

Escapee GO! is good if you don't have that already.

Crystalking18

Where's Shantae?

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

BleachFan

Dragon Quest Wars, anyone? I was wondering about this one...I've never played a DQW game, so the point of fan service is pretty moot for me... Also, I've never played a strategy game like this before...(trying to delve into the genre a bit). Is it at all good?

@HolyMac: I thought precipice was pretty meh...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

irken004

BleachFan888 wrote:

Dragon Quest Wars, anyone? I was wondering about this one...I've never played a DQW game, so the point of fan service is pretty moot for me... Also, I've never played a strategy game like this before...(trying to delve into the genre a bit). Is it at all good?

I was wondering the same.

HolyMackerel

@Odnetnin Do you find yourself going back and playing Precipice every now and then? I keep going back to Base 10 and Digidrive and having a lot of fun, so I'm particularly happy with those. As for Dark Void Zero, everyone raves about it so maybe I should just get it. 2 or 3 hours doesn't sound too bad and those extras seem alright too.

@BleachFan888 What was so meh about Precipice?

I don't have DQW but it looks like it's a bit lacking. Only 6 units, and no single player campaign. If you're interested in strategy then I'd suggest Starship Defense (or trying some PC strategy games ).

HolyMackerel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic