Forums

Topic: amiibo Collection

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,242

zitpig

@SwitchForce I got an email from Nintendo today stating that all three of the new Amiibos (Piranha Plant, Ice Climbers and King K. Rool) have shipped and are expected to arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

zitpig

SwitchForce

@zitpig and some of the rest got pre-order for pickup as well so most aren't worried about their arrival.

SwitchForce

zitpig

@SwitchForce - It was just a heads up to say that they are now available (and shipping for those that are having them sent).

zitpig

the8thark

SwitchForce wrote:

I got everything Amiibo under the sun now.
I used this site to find what Amiibo I am missing and that is how I did my collection. I didn't however get the Skylander versions and only some of the Amiibo cards but probably not all.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_amiibo

Well done on your collection.

If you really want everything (skylanders aside) you'll need the gold Megaman as well as the EU/Aus version on Gold Mario and the Australian version of Silver Mario.
Personally I didn't bother with gold Megaman as it never came in it's own box and I'm, an in box collector.

With the gold/silver Marios, the amiibo are the same but the boxes are actually quite different. I bought the two Australian versions (being Australian myself) and imported the US versions. It's more than just a few numbers different on the boxes (like US vs EU/Aus Smash Bros amiibo boxes). Sure some people will not care for those box only differences but for those who do care they are out there.

I would say the Australian Silver Mario is probably the rarest Amiibo in existance. It was store exclusive, to our Target and there was no online pre-orders. Also not also available in Europe like the Gold Mario. You got there early on the day and waited in line before the store opened up or you missed out. At my local target I was there about an hour early and I was far from the begin of the line. I managed to get one of the last Silver Marios they had.

If you want photos to see the differences NA vs EU/Aus for the Gold/SIlver Marios I can dig them out of the large box I have them in and take the photos for you.

the8thark

lanszelot

@SwitchForce
Hi,
Could you please scan to me the back of the Dark Souls amiibo box?
"Hi,
I bought an amiibo to my partner "praise the sun" which come with post.
On the way the box got damaged. She is so sad now
I tried to scan the pics to print, but the damage can visible.
I tried to find good quality pic to print, but can't.
Where can I found the box front and back, to print and put on a cardboard to fix the box?"

lanszelot

SwitchForce

@lanszelot that could be tricky here how do you plan to get it since they don't allow image posting on here?

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

SwitchForce

@the8thark I know getting the sets was tricky but some I had to go eBay to get a few of them but prices weren't Scalping prices since no one was looking for them. The only exception was some rare one but I only paid 2x what it cost so I could live with that. But this was all before the rush of upcoming SSB Switch. At that point all Amiibo go scarce and expensive maybe not all of them but people started looking more. I like how they re-released the Amiibo and that's all the better for consumers looking for them or to help collectors complete the set.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

the8thark

@SwitchForce

Have you tried your online trading posts? Places like Craigslist in the US or Gumtree in Australia. Not sure what the UK equivelant is. That's what I did to get some of the early ones that released before I started collecting them all. The prices I paid were not all that bad.

Still I agree with you quite tricky to get some of them.
I also agree re-releasing the SSB amiibo for SSBU was a great idea. That might have tipped a few on the fence about getting SSBU, just over the fence so they bought SSBU. With 12m plus sales of SSBU I'm pretty sure many of those amiibo sold.

I have noticed store shelves here at least are dedicating much less shelve space to amiibo now. But they still have the new release ones there, that are not pre-order sold out that is. I just pre-order them these days when they are announced instore.

For me, I think the only one I paid 2x for was the US gold Mario. That was impossible to find here at the regular price. Kind of obvious as it was an import only. The Aus/EU gold Amiibo for a while was not too hard to get here so most got that. Only a specific few, like myself wanted both versions.

I will say though the Monster Hunter Amiibo did cost me more but that was due to shipping from Amazon Japan. I try to collect all the EU/Aus versions but those plus a few specific others like the 3rd party ones (Shovel Knight, Loot Goblin, Dark Souls etc etc) were just the US versions imported here. Still available in stores here though.

Random question.

Are you an inbox collector or a free the amiibo collector?
I am an in box collector but not an NIB collector. By that I mean I often cut out the bottomof the boxes so I can remove the anti NFC card so I can scan the amiibo I want to use while still in the box. I just really like the box art, the front and back is done so well.
That's one reason why I didn't bother with Starlink, apart from the figures being totally different, the back of their boxes is really disappointing. Not very colourful or interesting.

I hope you can get all the ones you are missing.

the8thark

SwitchForce

@the8thark "I have noticed store shelves here at least are dedicating much less shelve space to amiibo now. But they still have the new release ones there, that are not pre-order sold out that is. I just pre-order them these days when they are announced instore."
Considering you can Pre-Order online and pickup at stores or have it mailed they don't really have to worry about having inventory of Amiibos. Internet more or less help them reduce cost and help them get more sales in return. Well my Zelda was all taken out to play BoTW and Marriage Mario. I do have the Majority of Amiibos stored away inbox. Even the most recent SSB Amiibo are still inbox. Since I am not selling them I leave them inbox for display. The Monster Hunter 3DS Amiibo are inbox and they are huge except for one of them. I had to use Amazon to get them as they were only Japan release. And Splatoon Amiibo series I bought when they were on sale and not long after that they were no longer found besides on ebay. So that was a Smart move. So a few I bought from GameStop for sale no longer can be found at those prices anymore.

SwitchForce

lanszelot

@SwitchForce
in private you can send me link. You upload the pic on a free pic share website, and send me the link.

lanszelot

Arbor

SwitchForce wrote:

@/lanszelot that could be tricky here how do you plan to get it since they don't allow image posting on here?

@SwitchForce where are we not allowed to post images? I read the "community rules" and it just said not to post excessive images, nothing about images by themselves.

Arbor

wafflesngravy

Anybody know if they make a Lemmy amiibo? I can't seem to find one.

wafflesngravy

MysticGengar

@wafflesngravy
Nope, but bowser junior can use the Lemmy costume. However, you could still customize it yourself if you have the skill, or maybe just attempt to find an already custom one online. Still, bowser junior will work.

Edit: I'm specifically talking Smash here

Edited on by MysticGengar

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

wafflesngravy

@MysticGengar I've looked for custom ones and can't find em. Etsy has some people that can custom make them to order so that may be the only option. I don't really care for the amiibo functionality I just wanted it for our collection. It's my sons favorite MK8D character and I can get every family members character except his.

wafflesngravy

MysticGengar

@wafflesngravy
Okay, so heres an idea. I think Lemmy has a world of nintendo figure. You could just use Bowser Jr.'s base and follow a tutorial to glue it on the base or something like that.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

RAILITY

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Pre-ordered Mario and Kirby. Also, here's the other amiibos I'm going to try to get at some point down the road:
DK, Villager, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Pit, Bowser, either Link or Toon Link (on one hand Link adds a new item to Hyrule Warriors. On the other hand, I like Toon Link more), King Dedede, Metaknight, Jigglypuff, Ness, Mr. Game and Watch, Wario, Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman. I was going to get the Rosalina one because I'm a fan of the character, but I don't really like the way it looks... Anyways, time to start saving up.

Captain Falcon amiibos pre-ordered. I also got two Shulk amiibos pre-ordered (one for personal use and the other for collecting reasons). If I like those, then I'll probably pre-order the Rosalina and Palutena amiibos. Don't know about collecting all of them since some of the characters I don't care about (Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager) and some of the amiibos

RAILITY

TommyTendo

I have 100+ something amiibo, but I haven't bought any in like one and a half years. I just don't have the money for it anymore, since they have like tripled in price and I'm not working anymore, I study.

SwitchForce

NorseGamerTommy wrote:

I have 100+ something amiibo, but I haven't bought any in like one and a half years. I just don't have the money for it anymore, since they have like tripled in price and I'm not working anymore, I study.

They haven't triple in price that is a fallacy. Your buying from SCALPERS and blaming retail prices for nothing they didn't create or cause.

SwitchForce

ScottNintendo

SwitchForce wrote:

NorseGamerTommy wrote:

They haven't triple in price that is a fallacy. Your buying from SCALPERS and blaming retail prices for nothing they didn't create or cause.

I think he either means: the demand is so high there being sold out and then certain figures are being sold at high prices, or he wants to collect older figures which because limited are expensive.

I guess it depends on what country you live in also, because if you haven't got local stores that stock up, then if you live in a remote country shipping costs etc.

SN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic