Forums

Topic: What do you think of call of duty being put on the 3ds?

Posts 101 to 120 of 148

Chrono_Cross

See, you missed it... The Wii's version as IS missing things even to this day. Other than poor graphics, it's missing many killstreaks, 10 player limit is unfixed, lag compensation, no host migration, no DLC, etc. Black Ops is even worse for the Wii. And if there isn't an audience for the game why would any dev with brains make games for that said console?

Nope. No one has enough money to shell out for a Vita but they do for a 3DS. And a PS3. Seriously, we'll see after a year's time where the Vita is at. Don't assume no ones going to buy it.

Every Call of Duty continuously gets bigger in space. MW2 is over 8 GB alone. Imagine what Black Ops and MW3 are let alone the new one. 3DS doesn't have the horse power to run a full fledged Call of Duty. Don't like the facts? Too bad.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Chrono_Cross

LordTendoboy wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I'm sure I'm not the only Call of Duty fan whose going "Call of Duty on the go? D:<"

See the DS and PSP versions.

No. You're not getting the point. I'm going to be able to play the real thing on a handheld. None of that garbage on that DS stuff.

Just for you.

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

See, you missed it... The Wii's version as IS missing things even to this day. Other than poor graphics, it's missing many killstreaks, 10 player limit is unfixed, lag compensation, no host migration, no DLC, etc. Black Ops is even worse for the Wii. And if there isn't an audience for the game why would any dev with brains make games for that said console?

Nope. No one has enough money to shell out for a Vita but they do for a 3DS. And a PS3. Seriously, we'll see after a year's time where the Vita is at. Don't assume no ones going to buy it.

Every Call of Duty continuously gets bigger in space. MW2 is over 8 GB alone. Imagine what Black Ops and MW3 are let alone the new one. 3DS doesn't have the horse power to run a full fledged Call of Duty. Don't like the facts? Too bad.

Who says the 3DS needs a fully-featured console port? They could simply make a smaller-scale CoD specifically for handhelds, like they did with the DS and PSP versions.

Look at Super Mario 3D Land. They took the basic gameplay ideas of Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Bros. 3, and made an entirely new game specifically for the 3DS. If Nintendo can take the time to do that with their own games, then why can't a third-party company do the same?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

King_Boo

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Resident Evil on Nintendo systems is a must and has been for over a decade. Even on the original DS.

the PSVita is a portable PS3. I'm sure I'm not the only Call of Duty fan whose going "Call of Duty on the go? D:<"

Are you expecting to get the same exact game as PS3 on Vita? I think all the DS versions have been side stories, no reason to change that. The 3DS CoD will be made by n-space and probably be a side story, who's going to making the vita version and do you expect the same story as the PS3 or the 3DS or even a second side story?

Edited on by King_Boo

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

Chrono_Cross

@Tendoboy
Why can't third parties make awesome games for the Wii (And don't be dumb about this either)? Nintendo sure can why can't can't anyone else? Either way if the 3DS even gets a call of Duty it will be lacking hence a small team will be working on it and with time restrictions, etc.

@KingBoo
Considering devs are taking games like Mortal Kombat and porting the exact same game over to the Vita, I'm expecting the same with Treyarch's new Call of Duty.

Just for you.

King_Boo

I highly doubt Treyarch is working on the vita version alone, but I'm not to familiar with activision's studio sizes. You also got to think how far into the production of this years call of duty did the get their dev kits. They were lazy last year,(they as in activision) and kept CoD on DS to wait for a higher install base, they might do the same with vita and skip this year.

Edited on by King_Boo

Chrono_Cross

Both Treyarch and IW, always start on the new Call of Duty immediately after the release of their current one. After Black Ops released, Treyarch started working on the new one. So by the time the new one releases this year it will have a 2 year development cycle just like every other Call of Duty ever made.

Treyarch is huge. Porting the HD versions to the Vita will only take a few weeks. They are a very talented studio. But if there were to be a 3DS/DS Call of Duty, it would have to be made by a separate studio if any studio at all.

Just for you.

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

@Tendoboy
Why can't third parties make awesome games for the Wii (And don't be dumb about this either)? Nintendo sure can why can't can't anyone else? Either way if the 3DS even gets a call of Duty it will be lacking hence a small team will be working on it and with time restrictions, etc.

Most companies use their lesser teams to work on handheld titles. Sony does it, third-party companies do it, it's just how they roll.

Nintendo, on the other hand, usually makes handheld titles using their top-tier teams. Again, see Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for examples. People expect a certain quality out of Nintendo games, and they need their top teams to accomplish this.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Bankai

See, you missed it... The Wii's version of MW3 is the EXACT SAME GAME as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. The only difference is graphics;

That's like saying Michael Bay could make a film worth watching without $100 million worth of explosions.

I will never understand why gamers like to insist that a video game's aesthetics don't count towards the quality of a game. It's like a pretend badge that proves they're hardcore or something.

JohnPhilipSousa

Just shut up already! Viewty has his/her opinons, Dante has his/her opinions, and so does everyone else.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

TheKingOfTown

@MagicLink95
Indeed. But there's nothing wrong about debating about them. It's not like they're yelling insults at each other or something.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

King_Boo

Back to speculating about CoD 3DS. Since this year is following up after black ops what does everyone think the time and setting are going to be?

Edited on by King_Boo

Undead_terror

King_Boo wrote:

Back to speculating about CoD 3DS. Since there year is following up after black ops what does everyone think the time and setting are going to be?

well since treyarch likes making history cod,it could be about veitnam(wrong spelling i think)

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

turtlelink

dark-insanity wrote:

King_Boo wrote:

Back to speculating about CoD 3DS. Since there year is following up after black ops what does everyone think the time and setting are going to be?

well since treyarch likes making history cod,it could be about veitnam(wrong spelling i think)

Black Ops took place in the Cold War Era already so I'd assume they would change the setting.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

African Warfare please.

turtlelink wrote:

Black Ops took place in the Cold War Era already so I'd assume they would change the setting.

Vietnam. Plus they made two WW2 shooters (Call of Duty 3 and World at War), so I could see another Nam shooter.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Bankai

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

African Warfare please.

turtlelink wrote:

Vietnam. Plus they made two WW2 shooters (Call of Duty 3 and World at War), so I could see another Nam shooter.

Korean War, perhaps? Not one usually covered in videogames.

turtlelink

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

African Warfare please.

turtlelink wrote:

Eh, I guess. I mean, they can't really go back much further than WW2, can they? ~Well hey, I'm all up for shooting people with muskets though lol~

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.