Forums

Topic: Senran Kagura Burst

Posts 161 to 180 of 279

GuSolarFlare

so. completely ignoring the fanservice(that I must admit that I like ) is this game worth it or not? the last page is mostly a moralist debate over the fanservice so I'm confused.....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

reborn

@Gioku It's seems that in terms of resolution and brightness, Vita's version is the best as I've seen from the gameplays. What bothers me is that Europeans can only hope NISA (and NamcoBandai Games who works with NISA) brings it to us or not. ATLUS doesn't release its games here and we're still waiting for "SMT: IV", "EO: Untold" and "Rune Factory IV". It's really excruciating, specially when JRPG'S are my favourite genre :/

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

reborn

@GuSilverFlame If you want to have short bursts of fun and you like beat'em ups, I would say go for it It has tons of unlockable content as it's, in essence, 2 games in 1. Keep in mind the story is not breathtaking, although the writers have tried to explain it with a Visual Novel style, which is not a bad idea but ultimately feels somewhat empty. If you live in NA and you can get it for $30 I think it's a no brainer (morality issues aside)

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

GuSolarFlare

ciaossu! @REBORN! then I'll really get it sometime!I like beat'em ups and since I'm used to most kinds of animes the morality isues don't affect me.(the only reason I won't get it so soon is because a link between worlds is still my priority )

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

DualWielding

reborn wrote:

@GuSilverFlame If you want to have short bursts of fun and you like beat'em ups, I would say go for it It has tons of unlockable content as it's, in essence, 2 games in 1. Keep in mind the story is not breathtaking, although the writers have tried to explain it with a Visual Novel style, which is not a bad idea but ultimately feels somewhat empty. If you live in NA and you can get it for $30 I think it's a no brainer (morality issues aside)

As far as 2D Beat'em ups go this one is pretty good, specially since there are not many games coming out in the genre nowadays

PSN: Fertheseeker

sugarpixel

So NintendoLife's review is in now, guys! Gave it an 8/10! So if I had the money right now, I'd buy it, definitely.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

RR529

So far:

NL: 8/10
NWR: 7.5/10

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LyIa

The review's convinced me to get this game. Senran Kagura has a lot of things going for it... Big things.
nailed it!

all men are kings 👑

GuSolarFlare

I'd get it if the banks in Brazil hadn't made "Changes in rules" blocking any transaction on Eshop with Brazilian credit cards until Nintendo finds a way for the banks to allow it again....

my Backloggery

LyIa

@GuSilverFlame Ugh, they don't allow Philippine credit cards either. I have to spend the 2+ extra dollars for an eShop card.

all men are kings 👑

LyIa

Bump!

I just got the game and it's great! I especially love the dialogue between the characters. Right off the bat, it's loaded with innuendo and crude humor non-stop, and I love it! I especially love the beat-'em-up gameplay, even if it's a bit tedious, and the really smooth animations. This game is already pretty darn good, and offers more than, say, Code of Princess.

Quirky Dialogue + Girls + Smooth Animations and Character Models + Great Gameplay (surprisingly!)
The only thing I didn't like were the non-animated cutscenes, but everything else makes up for that.
8/10 so far.

all men are kings 👑

CaviarMeths

Story is so inconsequential that you may as well skip all of the dialogue scenes (and I generally enjoy visual novel type stuff), but oh god, that gameplay. It's so ridiculously fun! Ton of replay value too, to get high ranks on missions, titles, unlockables, etc.

So those who have played it, what's your highest combo so far? I'm still rather early in the game, but I got a 1169 combo with Katsuragi, which I think is pretty spiffy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LyIa

Highest combo? Around 300, I think, with Ikaruga.
I gotta admit, I really don't like Hibari. She looks like the type of girl I would've liked when I was 10 or something, but I'm not 10 anymore. I like Ikaruga and Kat best, though I can't really get used to playing Kat.

all men are kings 👑

DualWielding

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I gotta admit, I really don't like Hibari. She looks like the type of girl I would've liked when I was 10 or something, but I'm not 10 anymore. I like Ikaruga and Kat best, though I can't really get used to playing Kat.

In episode 1 missions I could get 1000 hit combos with little problem, but currently in mission 2 and things get harder there and combos are usually in the 100-200 range

CaviarMeths

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I'm liking Ikaruga (attack range + power) and Yagyuu (dat AoE). Asuka is great too for her speed, and Kat isn't too bad. Hibari is really the only character on the good side that I just can't get into her fighting style (and yeah, she's annoying).

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LyIa

Man, I love the girls' personalities in this game, especially Katsuragi's shameless assertive thing going on. It's just...
Untitled

all men are kings 👑

CaviarMeths

Untitled

LyIa

I actually don't know what anime that's from

what is this i don't even

all men are kings 👑

GuSolarFlare

and I'm sick of the brazilian banks blocking transactions on the Eshop....
at least you guys in europe will get the option to buy a physical copy so problems in the Eshop won't matter...

my Backloggery

DualWielding

GuSilverFlame wrote:

and I'm sick of the brazilian banks blocking transactions on the Eshop....
at least you guys in europe will get the option to buy a physical copy so problems in the Eshop won't matter...

What exactly is the problem with the Brazilian eshop? you can try to get it from the Canadian eshop before the country lock update comes into force... I got it from the Candian eshop (with a non-canadian credit card)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.